Past #26: Daniel Nielson - won't be offered a new contract - thanks for your efforts Dan

Remove this Banner Ad

Which 'the media' are you referring to?
The black and gold Gollum yesterday, Schwartz today and I think there was another 1 or 2 that brought it up too. It had pushed Hooker to respond to it today.

Then Essendon flogs were calling in 'claiming' that he had been giving it to Hooker all game. Just like they 'claim' no one took banned substances.

I don't mind what Hooker did, it just kicked started the hate for the scrum...for this playing group.

Again it's the reaction next time around I'll be looking for....and if they don't target Hooker, we know we have a bunch of soft utensils playing for the club.
Dont care what anyone says.....its how you react after getting stick that matters.
Goldstein failed after what we now know was a preplan attack from Lewis in the Hawthorn game.
Durdin and Nielsen are on the OO watch list come 2018.

On EVA-L19 using BigFooty.com mobile app that auto corrects the schit out of my posting.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Back on Nielson, kudo's to the recruiters, I thought it was a reach, but is proving inspired, even after an ACL (which may prove a blessing, he's had 12 months to bulk up) he is the most promising KPD of his age we've had in a while, Tarrant was a forward at the same age and Hunter was playing for South Barwon.

Kid is a ******* beast physically, the Rance similarities have merit, he's going to be a gorilla in a few years.

Back on Nielson, kudo's to the recruiters, I thought it was a reach, but is proving inspired, even after an ACL (which may prove a blessing, he's had 12 months to bulk up) he is the most promising KPD of his age we've had in a while, Tarrant was a forward at the same age and Hunter was playing for South Barwon.

Kid is a ******* beast physically, the Rance similarities have merit, he's going to be a gorilla in a few years.

And we flicked Bryce why?

The poise to not get back at Hooker was remarkable.

No doubt he knew the Bombers were on a roll and North were still in it. Didnt want to be penalised and cost his team..

Me on the other hand. I would of straighed hooked that prostitute across his jaw...

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Personally, I still think Durdin is a better prospect than Nielson. He was absolutely outstanding on the weekend imo, and his game flew under the radar in the broader AFL community.

Like Nielson as well, although I must admit that I was massively wrong on him. At the start of this year I predicted that his place on the senior list could be in jeopardy and I wouldn't be surprised if we moved him to the rookie list.

Personally, I still think Durdin is a better prospect than Nielson. He was absolutely outstanding on the weekend imo, and his game flew under the radar in the broader AFL community.

Like Nielson as well, although I must admit that I was massively wrong on him. At the start of this year I predicted that his place on the senior list could be in jeopardy and I wouldn't be surprised if we moved him to the rookie list.

I respectfully disagree, Durdin reads the play off half back exceptionally well, his disposal is also elite for a tall defender.

Nielson's competitiveness and intensity is on another level though, you can't underestimate that for a defender. He also appears to be an elite athlete with decent hands.

Rance was essentially exactly how I described Dan as a young player, just a total athletic beast with a real competitive edge.

Dan will get better at structuring up and reading the play the more games he gets, once he gets comfortable enough to start working off his man and zoning off, look out.

Sam has the potential to be a good foil, Dan looks like an A grader in the making though imo.

I respectfully disagree, Durdin reads the play off half back exceptionally well, his disposal is also elite for a tall defender.

Nielson's competitiveness and intensity is on another level though, you can't underestimate that for a defender. He also appears to be an elite athlete with decent hands.

Rance was essentially exactly how I described Dan as a young player, just a total athletic beast with a real competitive edge.

Dan will get better at structuring up and reading the play the more games he gets, once he gets comfortable enough to start working off his man and zoning off, look out.

Sam has the potential to be a good foil, Dan looks like an A grader in the making though imo.
The knocks on his disposal seem overrated too. At the moment he just seems to be trying to do too much.

The knocks on his disposal seem overrated too. At the moment he just seems to be trying to do too much.
Nothing wrong with his disposal. Watched him in every VFL game and uses it very well. Was the same in AFL apart from a couple of blunders but were more a mental thing than execution.

Concept taken from SMaturin 's blog here: https://oshanassystreet.wordpress.c...eboards-in-remaining-north-melbourne-matches/

nmfc.png

Brilliant that he can play tall and small.

Also, he and Durdin complement each other beautifully. Add EVW shutting down those dangerous third tall types, Marley taking the true small forward and Hibberd the run and link option out and the kids are looking good.

Inshallah Sam Wright recovers to provide poise and class on a flank and Scooter/Jmac playing the loose and we're good to go.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back