Past #26: Tarryn Thomas [Part II] - will honor his contract and play on at NMFC in 2024, so says the reality TV manager

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah he should have known his place eh
He should have acknowledged racism exists, but calling pretty much everyone in the crowd that booed him as a racist, is a form of racism in itself.

He did nothing for the issue of racism, if anything he set it back with his attitudes.

It’s fine to call out people when there is clear evidence of racial behaviour, but to generalise that anyone booing was doing it out of racially motivated reasons was uncalled for.

So of all the things you wanna boo Goodes for you pick that he told some home truths about Australia.
Adam Goodes needed to look at some home truths about his behaviour. Labelling all Australians as racists is nothing more than racism itself.

If all these people were racists as he claimed, then why wasn’t every indigenous player in the competition booed?

In 90-95% of cases they weren’t booing Adam Goodes the aboriginal, they were booing Adam Goodes the self righteous flog.

I don’t recall players like Cyril Rioli ever getting bood by the crowd. If anything he was cheered for his football ability and wizardry. He played in the same era, so why did all these so called racist choose not to boo?

Adam Goodes needed to look at some home truths about his behaviour. Labelling all Australians as racists is nothing more than racism itself.

If all these people were racists as he claimed, then why wasn’t every indigenous player in the competition booed?

In 90-95% of cases they weren’t booing Adam Goodes the aboriginal, they were booing Adam Goodes the self righteous flog.

I don’t recall players like Cyril Rioli ever getting bood by the crowd. If anything he was cheered for his football ability and wizardry. He played in the same era, so why did all these so called racist choose not to boo?
Don’t really want to get into this argument, but the reason players like Cyril never got booed was because they were quiet and fit into an acceptable mould for a minority group. If Cyril had spoke up like Goodes did, he would have copped the same abuse.

He should have acknowledged racism exists, but calling pretty much everyone in the crowd that booed him as a racist, is a form of racism in itself.

He did nothing for the issue of racism, if anything he set it back with his attitudes.

It’s fine to call out people when there is clear evidence of racial behaviour, but to generalise that anyone booing was doing it out of racially motivated reasons was uncalled for.
How is it racism? Is booing a race now? WTF are you on about?

How is it racism? Is booing a race now? WTF are you on about?
Labelling people as racist when there is a good chance they aren’t, is racist behaviour in itself.

I am not going to post anymore on the issue because this is a football forum and not a discussion about racism.

All I can say is that the fact that I would be labelled as a racist if I booed Adam Goodes (which I never did anyway) while I cheered for other aboriginal players shows how out of touch Goodes was. Labelling a whole group of people as something based on the behaviour of a few, is in itself racist behaviour.

BTW Ask Cyril Rioli about the Swans v Hawks game where Goodes was booed and how he felt about it.
Was Cyril also booed in that same game?

If a person is a racist towards aboriginal people then all aboriginal players in that game would have been booed.

The fact that it was contained to Goodes was more about him as a person than him being aboriginal.

Enough on the subject anyway. It’s a pointless argument in a football forum.

Goodes was booed because he was a massive knob, not because he was indigenous.

People liked to call it out as racially driven but 90-95% of the booing came from people who thought he was a bellend and nothing to do with his indigenous heritage. Of course there was a small element of racism because racism will never disappear.

Anyone that is given an award like Australian of the Year and then hangs s*t on the country is a ****** of the highest order.

He wanted to push an agenda and never looked at his own behaviour and took any ownership for the part he played by trying to paint everyone as a racist.

Black lives matter, but only when white people say so.

So you're one of those rare people who booed Goodes before he started calling out racism?

Okay.
I never booed him at all. But I was less of a fan after he pretty much labelled the majority of Australians as racist and bagged the country that gave him one of its highest honours.

If I was to boo him, it would have had nothing to do with the colour of his skin.

If I was a racist then why would I loved watching LT and been one of his biggest fans?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I never booed him at all. But I was less of a fan after he pretty much labelled the majority of Australians as racist and bagged the country that gave him one of its highest honours.

If I was to boo him, it would have had nothing to do with the colour of his skin.

If I was a racist then why would I loved watching LT and been one of his biggest fans?
It's very much possible to be a racist and cheer on minorities who are on your sports team.

You can have close friends who are black but be racist towards black people if your thinking is "he's one of the good ones".

I don’t want to give this oxygen and derail the thread, but have to call this fallacy out. This is just plain false. He said no such thing. The comments that you are no doubt referring to alluded to the historic crimes committed against Indigenous people and the shame/ reluctance modern day Australia has to admit them. To try and spin his comments as “bagging the country” and “labelling the majority of Australians as racist” is ignorant at best.

It's very much possible to be a racist and cheer on minorities who are on your sports team.

You can have close friends who are black but be racist towards black people if your thinking is "he's one of the good ones".
Then why would I also cheer other indigenous players from other teams if I was a racist?

The fact that I could be called a racist for thinking Adam Goodes is a ****wit of a person shows how out of touch some people are with this issue.

I don’t deny racism exists, but on the flipside labelling people as racists without knowing what their actual motivations are, doesn’t help anyone or the issue as a whole.

Then why would I also cheer other indigenous players from other teams if I was a racist?

The fact that I could be called a racist for thinking Adam Goodes is a ******* of a person shows how out of touch some people are with this issue.

I don’t deny racism exists, but on the flipside labelling people as racists without knowing what their actual motivations are, doesn’t help anyone or the issue as a whole.
I'm not saying that anyone who dislikes Goodes is racist. But you can enjoy watching indigenous players play footy and still be racist towards them.

I don’t want to give this oxygen and derail the thread, but have to call this fallacy out. This is just plain false. He said no such thing. The comments that you are no doubt referring to alluded to the historic crimes committed against Indigenous people and the shame/ reluctance modern day Australia has to admit them. To try and spin his comments as “bagging the country” and “labelling the majority of Australians as racist” is ignorant at best.
I have no issue with him acknowledging what happened in the past, I have issue with him putting blame on current day Australians for something that happened before their time.

Tell me why it’s so important for current day Australians to say sorry? So not saying sorry for something you never did is being racist?

Continually dredging up the past and attributing blame to people based on their heritage and not their actual actions, doesn’t do anyone any good.

Is their a timeframe on this or do people like Adam Goodes have the right to keep labelling Australians as being racist for the sins of the past?

This is a ridiculous argument. The fact that in this day and age anyone can be labelled a racist just because of their heritage shows how out of touch certain people are with this issue.

Okay fair enough.

But about the AotY thing.

He would have had those criticisms anyway. Even without the award.

He would have felt that way and expressed himself when he had the opportunity.

But if you give him the AotY then expect him to shut up because of it then all you're doing is using that award to silence him.

Is that really what you want it to be used for?

Goodes was booed because he was a massive knob, not because he was indigenous.

People liked to call it out as racially driven but 90-95% of the booing came from people who thought he was a bellend and nothing to do with his indigenous heritage. Of course there was a small element of racism because racism will never disappear.

Anyone that is given an award like Australian of the Year and then hangs s*t on the country is a ****** of the highest order.

He wanted to push an agenda and never looked at his own behaviour and took any ownership for the part he played by trying to paint everyone as a racist.
Dude, you've just pantsed yourself in front of the whole forum. A proud blackfella who was being acknowledged as Australian of the Year due to his leadership and stance against racism, then makes some speeches about the very subject for which he is being honoured. But you wanted him to know his place and just accept things the way they are. Just wow, dude!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back