Past #26: Tarryn Thomas [Part II] - will honor his contract and play on at NMFC in 2024, so says the reality TV manager

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those same people didn’t come out and claim that everyone is a sexual abuser or everyone is putting down people with disabilities.

It’s a dangerous road when you want to generalise because of the actions of a few and in my opinion that’s the path Goodes went down. He didn’t like being booed so he played the race card and instead of acknowledging these were the actions of a few morons, wanted to brand everyone with the same label.

The original point was that if Tarryn gets booed, it will have nothing to do with him being indigenous, it will have everything to do with him being a bellend.

He didn't play the race card. He was literally racially abused playing a game and pointed out the perpetrator.

For some reason that enraged people.

Last edited:
fire abandon thread GIF

The way Goodes was treated was pretty ordinary overall by other clubs supporters. Definitely some racial undertones. I don’t think North supporters contributed.

In his last year we played Sydney at Docklands and Swallow picked the ball up in the back pocket and Goodes put him in a head lock and the umpire pinned Swallow holding the ball because Goodes was pleading to the umpire to pay it. Never mind the high contact. The crowd was up in arms at the decision. I don’t feel it was racially motivated at all as I’ve seen s**t this year that has our supporters even more animated and the booing was just as much towards the ump as it was to Goodes.

The one that makes me mad is I know for a fact Sydney Swans supporters despise our club as Goodes last act in footy was a set shot on goal in the 2015 final later that year after the final siren has sounded. He had a set shot from a mark or free kick and missed. As he was lining up there was lots of booing but this happens all the time when an opposition player is lining up for goal after the sirens gone.
No doubt people are going to say the jeering was racially motivated but simply put our fans were just trying to put him off his kick.

FWIW in these games Goodes was never booed when he went near the footy.

As for other clubs and supporters they were booing him non stop each and every time he went near it and for that they were wrong and their motivations really poor.

In his last year we played Sydney at Docklands and Swallow picked the ball up in the back pocket and Goodes put him in a head lock and the umpire pinned Swallow holding the ball because Goodes was pleading to the umpire to pay it. Never mind the high contact. The crowd was up in arms at the decision.
This...

Clearly, Umpire Ray Chamberlain would have paid the free kick to Swallow, and possibly at least one 50m penalty.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Heaven help us, now poor teenage girls are being dragged into this mire - and not in a positive way, either. What have they done to engender such hostility?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
It sounds like an Incel lol

He didn't play the race card. He was literally racially abused playing a game and pointed out the perpetrator.

For some reason thos enraged people.
He was racially abused by a 9 year old girl, that’s fact, that can’t be denied.

I had no issue with him calling out racism for that incident, it was. But as I said, don’t lump everyone into that category just because of the actions of a minority of people.

Goodes could never understand that a lot of people booed him because of his actions on the football field and not his skin colour.

I hate that they choose this photo. Tarryn looks as laid back as they come the majority of the time his playing and training and they use the one photo he looks like a bit of a thug.

Journalists suck.

View attachment 1681618

Is that Parfitt from Geelong. Not exactly a flattering pic of him either.

There’s a couple of pics of TT looking angry and aggressive that keep getting wheeled out. It’s s**t.

The way Goodes was treated was pretty ordinary overall by other clubs supporters. Definitely some racial undertones. I don’t think North supporters contributed.

In his last year we played Sydney at Docklands and Swallow picked the ball up in the back pocket and Goodes put him in a head lock and the umpire pinned Swallow holding the ball because Goodes was pleading to the umpire to pay it. Never mind the high contact. The crowd was up in arms at the decision. I don’t feel it was racially motivated at all as I’ve seen s**t this year that has our supporters even more animated and the booing was just as much towards the ump as it was to Goodes.

The one that makes me mad is I know for a fact Sydney Swans supporters despise our club as Goodes last act in footy was a set shot on goal in the 2015 final later that year after the final siren has sounded. He had a set shot from a mark or free kick and missed. As he was lining up there was lots of booing but this happens all the time when an opposition player is lining up for goal after the sirens gone.
No doubt people are going to say the jeering was racially motivated but simply put our fans were just trying to put him off his kick.

FWIW in these games Goodes was never booed when he went near the footy.

As for other clubs and supporters they were booing him non stop each and every time he went near it and for that they were wrong and their motivations really poor.
A similar thing happened in his last game in the semi that year. Early in the third quarter, multiple times he was caught eith the ball then got a soft free and the North crowd started booing, me included. But it was shocking decision given the three free kicks that he'd just got away with.

That was the only time I noticed the crowd booing, (tho there was the odd boo at times when he touched it but most of the crowd looked annoyed at that where I was) and I reckon it was the decision and umpiring more than Goodes himself. He and Heeney were their best players, some might say their only players, that night but mostly the crowd was cheering us as we gave them a touch up in revenge for the year before. I didn't even notice that last kick cos everyone where i was were celebrating the win for the last five minutes.

I had no issue with him calling out racism for that incident, it was. But as I said, don’t lump everyone into that category just because of the actions of a minority of people.

Goodes could never understand that a lot of people booed him because of his actions on the football field and not his skin colour.
I'm not a Goodes fan at all. The girl was 13 I think and to his credit when he found that out he did retract a lot from his criticism. But the whole booing thing is interesting. I can't stand him because I thought he was a flog of a player - cheating, ducking flog. Nothing to do with him being indigenous. Whilst I am sure there are plenty of racists out there that took the opportunity to boo, there are plenty who just didn't like him. The media coverage of the booing, no matter who, will just ensure the booing continues and grows, especially if the coverage is suggesting its affecting the player. Bit of a catch 22 if you know what I mean. I don't boo because my voice is my work over the years and booing stuffed it up for a few days so I just didn't/don't. I do think Goodes Aus of the Year speech fuelled the racists and plenty of other people who didn't appreciate the message or the timing. But I suppose that platform was given to him by the Fed Gov and he used it to promote his cause, like many other winners with different agendas. Anyway, I am sure TT will cop heaps when he returns.

She was 13 - hence the teenage girls getting dragged into this thread.

I'm not a Goodes fan at all. The girl was 13 I think and to his credit when he found that out he did retract a lot from his criticism. But the whole booing thing is interesting. I can't stand him because I thought he was a flog of a player - cheating, ducking flog. Nothing to do with him being indigenous. Whilst I am sure there are plenty of racists out there that took the opportunity to boo, there are plenty who just didn't like him. The media coverage of the booing, no matter who, will just ensure the booing continues and grows, especially if the coverage is suggesting its affecting the player. Bit of a catch 22 if you know what I mean. I don't boo because my voice is my work over the years and booing stuffed it up for a few days so I just didn't/don't. I do think Goodes Aus of the Year speech fuelled the racists and plenty of other people who didn't appreciate the message or the timing. But I suppose that platform was given to him by the Fed Gov and he used it to promote his cause, like many other winners with different agendas. Anyway, I am sure TT will cop heaps when he returns.
Summed up my original point perfectly.

The most interesting point was that a select few on here jumped to the conclusion that I must be racist because I thought Adam Goodes was a bellend and I wasn’t a fan of how he handled the issue.

Tom Lynch, Dangerfield as well.
?!?!?

Plenty of people boo Tom Lynch for being a massive flog.

I am not sure why you are so intent on trying to paint someone as a racists if they thought Adam Goodes was a flog?

I also thought Warren Tredrea was a massive knob as well, so what does that make me?

I’m pretty sure we should put this conversation to bed and agree to disagree. This is the Tarryn thread after all.

At the end of the day if you think I am racist purely because I don’t like Adam Goodes, then I don’t see any point trying to argue it anymore.

Last edited:
?!?!?

Plenty of people boo Tom Lynch for being a massive flog.

I am not sure why you are so intent on trying to paint someone as a racists if they thought Adam Goodes was a flog?

I also thought Warren Tredrea was a massive knob as well, so what does that make me?

I’m pretty sure we should put this conversation to bed and agree to disagree. This is the Tarryn thread after all.

At the end of the day if you think I am racist purely because I don’t like Adam Goodes, then I don’t see any point trying to argue it anymore.
Was i talking to you then?

The last thing i said in response to you was this:

Okay fair enough. (About you not booing him and I haven't said a word to you about it since.)

But about the AotY thing.

He would have had those criticisms anyway. Even without the award.

He would have felt that way and expressed himself when he had the opportunity.

But if you give him the AotY then expect him to shut up because of it then all you're doing is using that award to silence him.

Is that really what you want it to be used for?

I notice you ignored the rest of the comment tho. Are you not capable of a reasoned answer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back