Past #26: Tarryn Thomas [Part III] - 18 week suspension confirmed; ineligible to play in '24 season; NMFC has officially sacked Tarryn.

Remove this Banner Ad

For all of the conjecture about how long this has taken and what the charges were, the AFL wouldn't be handing down an 18 week penalty without some strong evidence of domestic abuse, this can't be text messages anymore.

If he's actually physically assaulted someone then we should be using all avenues to delist him before the season, the club has given him enough support. Let his next club wear the 18 game suspension, North have done enough for him.

Gone. 16-18 week suspension will be handed down on Monday/ Tuesday.

Just finding out whether it is 16-18 Games or weeks served which would be 12 or so games.

It is an old incident 18 months ago that has come to light and was missed during the original investigation.
As per last week: The incident is something that occurred over 18 months ago, it is not a fresh incident.

Still yet to find out if it is is 16-18 games or weeks, will post when know however likely will be out in the media any second with confirmation.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As per last week: The incident is something that occurred over 18 months ago, it is not a fresh incident.

Still yet to find out if it is is 16-18 games or weeks, will post when know however likely will be out in the media any second with confirmation.
Why would these details not have been revealed during the original investigation and court proceedings by Tarryn or the accuser? If they're serious enough to warrant an 18 week suspension, they probably could have been pretty handy back then for her as well.

Sometimes I feel like in this place, people claiming to have inside info say things, and the general sentiment just gets worse, worse, worse, worse. I think it was like that last time too.

If I didn't read anything here, I'd take the delay to indicate that whatever TT is accused of, the evidence for it cannot be cut and dried. Another week of silence I'd take as promising news from a football perspective, regardless of what is written in here.

#FreeTT
I wished I shared your optimism, I'm the opposite, I suspect the afl are checking and double checking their standpoint from a legal perspective, especially given their and hawthorn's recent form.

The way it reads is 18 weeks away from the club otherwise you’d say they would specify games. Hopefully time away from the club served already counts too.
Was going to ask the same thing, whether the penalty's start date is retrospective.

I hope that we also get more information about what exactly Tarryn has been found guilty of, so that we can form an opinion of the timing of the offence and just how heinous it is.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back