Past #26: Tarryn Thomas [Part III] - 18 week suspension confirmed; ineligible to play in '24 season; NMFC has officially sacked Tarryn.

Remove this Banner Ad

I appreciate your stance on DV but there also isn’t a cookie cutter way to define it either.

What I don’t care for is the bullshit “all women are petals” and as a mod I’m telling you no victim blaming or misogyny is going to be tolerated on this forum. It will be deleted and if pushed will lead to days off to cool off and thread bans if necessary.
Whatever mate. The correct definition is Misandry not Misogyny.

Totally agree . Richmond are playing a recidivist violent criminal currently charged with aggravated burglary offences and the AFL ‘integrity’ douches are no where to be seen.

Just another reacharound from the AFL for a box office club while our bloke goes down for what might be distasteful conduct but not actually breaking any laws.

The double standard is despicable in my view.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
They have no integrity. Said Richmond player was lauded a “hero” in the grandfinal. Have a spell with integrity.

Ye of little faith Matthew. I'd bet my right arm he's on a list in 2026
Premiership list. For *in damn sure. Which team wouldn’t want a Tarryn Thomas in it? Sydney would win a flag next year if he was on their list. Brisbane, Collingwood.. * he’d dominate in the dogs team, Carlton? Wow wee.. Poort would even be better off. What a joke

I appreciate your stance on DV but there also isn’t a cookie cutter way to define it either.

What I don’t care for is the bullshit “all women are petals” and as a mod I’m telling you no victim blaming or misogyny is going to be tolerated on this forum. It will be deleted and if pushed will lead to days off to cool off and thread bans if necessary.
Soooo in essence you're telling Duckyeah to "Settle Petal!"

Premiership list. For *in damn sure. Which team wouldn’t want a Tarryn Thomas in it? Sydney would win a flag next year if he was on their list. Brisbane, Collingwood.. * he’d dominate in the dogs team, Carlton? Wow wee.. Poort would even be better off. What a joke

Sadly for us it's a damn-if-we-do, damned-if-we-don't situation.

Get rid of him, we lose a huge talent that could make the difference of a very good team from a great team, and helps another club win a flag

Keep him, and we painted by the media and oppo as a club that condones Domestic Violence.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Totally agree . Richmond are playing a recidivist violent criminal currently charged with aggravated burglary offences and the AFL ‘integrity’ douches are no where to be seen.

Just another reacharound from the AFL for a box office club while our bloke goes down for what might be distasteful conduct but not actually breaking any laws.

The double standard is despicable in my view.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Totally agree. If Tarryb has done the wrong thing, then he deserves what he gets, but the duplicitous cucks should also be handing out punishments to *sticks like Pickett, Martin and DeGoey.

It’s called brining the game into disrepute, if criminal acts like robbing people isn’t bringing the game into disrepute then throw the rule out.

I’m not in the let of Tarryn scottfree camp, but also apply the same standard to all clubs and start suspending these other *sticks. Why is Martin threatening physical violence with a pair of chopsticks signed off by the AFL where so called abusive texts are 18 weeks?

Check your dictionary.
No, what is happening without criminal and trials by law is Misandry bordering Racism.

Text messages to threaten distribution dont mean anything, especially if they created the content together, whether it was for financial gain could be argued.

We have no context. But what seems to be the agonist on all of this is complete Misandry.

I have great respect for women.

Both highly talented and more solid citizens, but still think Tarryn is more talented.
Sheez is death by a thousand cuts and Wardlaw is a building block, while TT is the finisher and match winner.
Few are as damaging per disposal as Tarryn is.
Sheezel isn't death by 1000 cuts. He's a finisher and match winner who also gets 40 touches.

Whats there to gain out of that? Get him back on the park as soon as possible.
You could argue, he has done the multiple breaches of misconduct, just looking at what it says 🤷‍♂️
If we did want to keep him, his base salary would be under our cap and apply to our salary, I think we could apply to the afl for relief of some kind given the circumstances but he would still have to count I’d expect,
That’s only in the collective agreement and haven’t read through the process in the code of conduct for what happens during a suspension (if this is what it is)
From memory, and I know it’s a different situation but Willie Rioli base contract was paid during his suspension

No, what is happening without criminal and trials by law is Misandry bordering Racism.

Text messages to threaten distribution dont mean anything, especially if they created the content together, whether it was for financial gain could be argued.

We have no context. But what seems to be the agonist on all of this is complete Misandry.

Can you at least wait until (if) we're told what he actually ******* did before going balls deep down this train of thought?

You could argue, he has done the multiple breaches of misconduct, just looking at what it says 🤷‍♂️
If we did want to keep him, his base salary would be under our cap and apply to our salary, I think we could apply to the afl for relief of some kind given the circumstances but he would still have to count I’d expect,
That’s only in the collective agreement and haven’t read through the process in the code of conduct for what happens during a suspension (if this is what it is)
From memory, and I know it’s a different situation but Willie Rioli base contract was paid during his suspension
The AFL pays his wages. They pay all players directly. It won't matter to us it's not like we are fundraising to fund it.

Not sure you will ever have to worry about that, but time will tell.
Obviously whatever has gone down isn't great. If he won't play for us again, he shouldn't be able to play for anyone else. That would be the fairest outcome from a football point of view. The rest will take care of itself I hope.

Lol, sure dude

What I am having issues with in this thread and am calling for a stop to is misogyny. There’s no reason for any argument.

I’m not even going to humour your archaic views on revenge pr0n and carrier service offenses though, in particular historical accusations. If it had any relevance to what is happening now that would be even more disappointing.

I’m also not going to humour the idea if an 18 week suspension comes down on him that Tarryn Thomas is somehow the victim.

The AFL pays his wages. They pay all players directly. It won't matter to us it's not like we are fundraising to fund it.
It effects how much of the cap we pay this year though, given he is in the last year of the contract, it could be grounds to terminate, depending on the outcome of the decision
Just looking for:
a) precedence (not sure there is much there, would need someone who knew the mechanations of how Carey was removed)
b) what they would actually come at him with, the CBA above is still the old one but not sure they would have changed that wording

100% though, they would have far smarter people at AFL House and NMFC running through the exact wording to have pieces in play depending on the result

This thread has some of the same people asking how he could be so stupid as to get back with his "toxic" girlfriend after how it turned out last time. Then turning around and saying to keep Thomas at the club and give him another chance because it will be different next time. We can change him!

We will have paid him more than $2M to play only 22 games over 3 seasons. Mostly because he is (allegedly) abusive towards women.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back