Past #26: Tarryn Thomas - Roo until end '24

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
exactly, why did he have any more right to contest the ball than TT did?

You're simplifying this far too much.:D

If the tables were turned, I would be stunned that Jiath was cited and would be calling for it to be dismissed.

And consider the Selwood on Mansell the previous week......go figure that yet again - - the MRO presents the submission for the defence as his reason for dismissing something that actually required him (the MRO) to present the case for the prosecution.

He did exactly the same with Mitch Duncan on Hall (knocked out, misses rest of game and following week).

And somehow in this case for TT; the MRO has clearly deemed that his actions were "unreasonable in the circumstances".

Either the MRO stuffed up last week and is trying to make up for it this week (in which case he's trying to fix a mistake with another mistake) or he's got no idea..........oh.....actually either way; he's got no idea!!!

1621209548306.png

Pretty obvious that Christian hasn't yet worked out that Tarryn Thomas and Lindsay Thomas are actually two different players.

I was thinking the same.......

Lindsay sparked a couple of rule modifications......even though he didn't technically do what the rules were brought in to negate.

But sheesh - - he was a pariah wasn't he.

Putting aside Michael Christian's stupidity I am loving the development we are seeing from TT and the role he is now playing. After a 2020 that was looking poor before his injury, he really seems to have found his mojo this year. Possessions, goals, clearances, and inside 50s all well up. His delivery inside 50 is as good as anyone in our team when he has a little space and his role on the centre square has been fantastic. If he can really work on building his tank over the next two years I think he can be a genuine superstar.

Putting aside Michael Christian's stupidity I am loving the development we are seeing from TT and the role he is now playing. After a 2020 that was looking poor before his injury, he really seems to have found his mojo this year. Possessions, goals, clearances, and inside 50s all well up. His delivery inside 50 is as good as anyone in our team when he has a little space and his role on the centre square has been fantastic. If he can really work on building his tank over the next two years I think he can be a genuine superstar.

Mural has aided his development?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would agree with you if Tarryn was picked up in the Rookie draft.

But a top ten pick...you should expect more.

He is not a first year player anymore....

No, he's not a first year player, but due to missing the majority of last year, he's essentially a second year player, which is traditionally the year in players careers that see them plateau a bit. In saying that he's been playing a variety of roles this year and is building nicely.

The bloke oozes class and is showing every bit why he was a top 10 pick - if you can't see that then you've got no idea about football. If a club picked up someone like Tarryn Thomas in a rookie draft, they'd be doing cartwheels.

This, we don't need to sh*t on him, but he has higher expectations now than 12 possessions a game and being involved in the game for 20 minutes of the 2hrs of game play.

He's in his 4th year next year (LDU and Stephenson's in their 4ths now), which is when they usually make the big step up and you can generally tell those that aren't going to really break out, so no panic stations yet.

Unfortunately, he's looking more like Raph Clarke than Shaun Burgoyne atm.

Some really good signs starting to emerge that he is taking the next step and the class is clear to see. The trajectory is right and if he can build his tank to be a consistent 20 plus possession player as well as providing the forward threat then he will be a ripper.

It scandalous that anyone has to even waste their time contesting this.

Christian needs to be relieved of his duties immediately.

The repercussions for Thomas pulling out of the contest would be far worse then he getting a (laughable) week ban. If Thomas pulled up and avoided contact, commentators and definitely the coaches would have highlighted him not going hard enough. FFS the players are on a hiding to nothing.

Honestly just imagine TT looked at CJ coming the other way and pulled out of a 50/50 contest? That sort of thing haunts players careers. Dead set joke.

images
So instead of throwing this garbage decision in the bin they are going to waste everyone’s time and have a tribunal hearing *ing morons. Hirdy barracks for North we should be fine

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back