Past #6: Taylor Garner - delisted end '21 - 49 NM games/37 NM goals - go well Garns

Remove this Banner Ad

The player ratings seemed to rate his performance yesterday.

I expect last nights ratings to be so far in the negative that they collapse inwardly and form a black hole.

Talk about chocolates & boiled lollies.

Oh thank god. I went to bad last night thinking knee or broken leg

I'd rather see him hold a few "ordinary" marks than try for the mark of the year every week. He simply doesn't do enough most weeks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As one of my favourite players, he was very disappointing last night. A terrible game. Dropped marks that he would normally take, went sideways with disposal and committed several horrendous clangers. He wasn't alone, but nonetheless, not great to see.

I thought he broke his leg.

I could hear him yelling and I was on the opposite flank. Stayed down for a bit, trainers checked him out and decided he was ok. Played out the game.

Same.

Announced to Orange Peanut that he had broken his leg to add to our depressed mood already.

Nekminit up and running around.

Both still depressed.

Tracking fine. Game those hamstrings another very good test tonight on the city side wing. To be honest, I'm just happy when he gets through consecutive games now. I think the cramp is likely just an effect of having been on a carefully managed plan for so long. If we can get through the remainder of this year and next with him playing 80%+ of games we'll be very much the better for it.

Not fussed about the form of a 24 game veteran.
He was really off and made a lot of uncharacteristic mistakes but he still found the ball easier than we used to expect him to. Not a step up but still a step forward.
Exactly. An off night and hardly on his own. Still developing.

The mark he 'should have taken' was a poor kick that he did well to get back to I thought. Some of his fumbles seemed to be in the middle of the ground; I thought it was interesting to see him there tbh.

Some negative comments on him symptomatic of BF reactiveness. 'Star in the making' one week, 'doesn't do enough' the next.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back