Traded 28. Darcy Fort (2019 - 2021)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think its another good pick by Wells

Smith looks finished and on the outer - Stanley had about 5-6 good games but in 19 he good go from Strawberry Jam back to shiit on the drop of a handkerchief - while Abbot i liked him last year - i like jumping ruckman

Cats could follow the premiers - Eagles - with the 2 rucks - and they might well be Fort and Abbott

Smith looks finished and on the outer - Stanley had about 5-6 good games but in 19 he good go from Strawberry Jam back to shiit on the drop of a handkerchief - while Abbot i liked him last year - i like jumping ruckman

Cats could follow the premiers - Eagles - with the 2 rucks - and they might well be Fort and Abbott

I've got no confidence in Stanley either despite his good patch; l think the future is with Abbott and Fort.

How’s the weather been Kitty?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Seriously? About four weeks ago the horses, sheep + cattle were eating dust. Most horses have been hard fed for a couple of years here, with hay + lucerne jumping from $8 a bail to $30 a bail.

In the past three weeks we've had some good rain + yesterday was the best rain we've had all year! We had three hail storms, steady, constant, driving rain + cloudless sky all in one day! I thought I was in Melbourne :p

Must acknowledge the support for the farmers is incredible + much appreciated.

BTW I'm in New England, which is to the North East of the Liverpool Plains - our areas are NSW's food bowl + we're actually very fortunate with water, but it's been quite dire for some farmers.

Anyhoo. . . back to Plow.

Watching this video, it's kind of difficult to believe that Fort is 25 ???

Probably needs to build some muscle.

When do people think Fort will play AFL?

Abbott was Ok, but he's not the answer.
Stanley only has to keep fit now. He has way more upside than Abbott.

I saw enough in 3 or 4 games to be reasonably impressed and not only me.
Gee if you wrote Fogerty off after his first 3 or 4 (and they weren't up to much) you'd cop a tirade on here.
Stanley keeping fit, l'd like to see that.

Yes, I'm not confident that he will stay fit.
Don't get me wrong, I thought Abbott was good.
Just not sure if he's got that much improvement in him, considering his age.

You and l know 3 or 4 games is nothing, and l'm not saying he necessarily will improve much.... but he may!
Good thing is he did step up, showed aggression and attacked the ball. He's also supposed to have added 6kg which will make a huge difference in his self belief if that is so.
He jumps well and kicks the ball well, all this means is l'd like to see how he goes now that he's been given a chance.

Stanley will need a broken leg for Abbott to be played in front of him.

Seriously? About four weeks ago the horses, sheep + cattle were eating dust. Most horses have been hard fed for a couple of years here, with hay + lucerne jumping from $8 a bail to $30 a bail.

Not to start a new rugby debate but if you refer to lucerne by name then what is just 'hay' to you?

I feed my bunnies on oaten.

I saw enough in 3 or 4 games to be reasonably impressed and not only me.
Gee if you wrote Fogerty off after his first 3 or 4 (and they weren't up to much) you'd cop a tirade on here.
Stanley keeping fit, l'd like to see that.

You wrote Fogarty off before he played a game and haven't stopped going on about him since.

Either way it's pretty clear you don't remember his first four games.

https://afltables.com/afl/stats/players/L/Lachie_Fogarty.html

You mean the part where I showed you just assumed Fogarty had a poor start because of the huge bias you hold against him?

I think I need to come to Ratcat 's defence here...he rated Fogerty superior to Kelly in fact...particularly early in the season.....

Sort of a backhanded defence I guess, bit I do recall that, and he did say Fogerty had potential to develop into a good player...

Cant be bothered finding the link...maybe it was in the welcome Kelly thread

Take my word for it mate....now what he may have said subsequently, I'm not sure, but early on Ratcat rated Fogerty....

You bite to hard mate, just an example some are more precious than others.
You prove my point all the same.

All you've done is highlighted your bias against the kid once again... complain about being called out for it all you like, but that's just an attempt to distract from the original point.

Fogarty started the season very well, hence your example was very poorly chosen.

I think I need to come to Ratcat 's defence here...he rated Fogerty superior to Kelly in fact...particularly early in the season.....

Sort of a backhanded defence I guess, bit I do recall that, and he did say Fogerty had potential to develop into a good player...

Take my word for it mate....now what he may have said subsequently, I'm not sure, but early on Ratcat rated Fogerty....

Mostly just because of how much he hated Gregson, enemy of my enemy and all that. No way he rated Fog more than Kelly at the start of the year either, Kelly was posting big possession numbers.

Either way it clearly hasn't stuck in his memory very well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is this guy a stalker or something? lol!

Last edited:
I'm with you, l think Abbott has agility and a good turn of pace, extra strength in the contest and more exposure at top level this year and l believe he's a top22 player no worries.

l think Fort could be the pick of our draft?
I'm putting it out there. I reckon Abbott could be our no1 ruck this season. Bold call I know.

Fort needs 1 year in the system for AFL level imo.

He does need to put a bit more size into his arms. He could play games next year but even though he’s mature age it’ll also be about what he can provide in a year or 2. Either way it’s good to have options as none of the rucks can be relied on.

He does need to put a bit more size into his arms. He could play games next year but even though he’s mature age it’ll also be about what he can provide in a year or 2. Either way it’s good to have options as none of the rucks can be relied on.

Yep..that's where some of that 6kg's gone l hope
Abbott might be mature age but hasn't been at the club very long ... there is a big development phase especially if you're tall and lean like Abbott and Fort are.
It's a tough role to play these days (ruck) these guys are expected to run the ground like a midfielder and they can.

Last edited:
Is your lack of confidence in Stanley based on ability or durability? I think he's showed he's got the talent, I'm unconvinced that he can stay on the park.

Mostly durability for 2019 ( Stanley)
I thought Abbott displayed enough to mount a challenge to Stanley if he improved both physically and technically
pre season.
I also think Abbott has an aggressive edge, at least appears that way to me, but it's up to Abbott to take it from Rhys it's far from a done deal.

Mostly durability for 2019 ( Stanley)
I thought Abbott displayed enough to mount a challenge to Stanley especially if he improved both physically and technically
pre season.
I also think Abbott has an aggressive edge, at least appears that way to me, but it's up to Abbott to take it from Rhys it's far from a done deal.
Let's hope they play together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back