Past #28: Kayne Turner - pick #25 in '14 RD - delisted end '22 - re-listed w/ #39 in '22 RD - delisted end "23 - 111gm/58gl - thx Kayno

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't make the same mistake we did in other seasons.

Whats the opportunity cost for the club? Kayne is fit by rnd 14, has 3 weeks in the VFL and plays the last 4 games for the season, when he was almost borderline best 22 in the first place?

Park him for the season and sign Tipungwuti as a injury supplemental selection now and let Kayne get fit.

Don't make the same mistake we did in other seasons.

Whats the opportunity cost for the club? Kayne is fit by rnd 14, has 3 weeks in the VFL and plays the last 4 games for the season, when he was almost borderline best 22 in the first place?

Park him for the season and sign Tipungwuti as a supplemental selection and let Kayne get fit.
Give him a few weeks to see how he goes. Deadline for LTI replacement isnt until mid march?

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Give him a few weeks to see how he goes. Deadline for LTI replacement isnt until mid march?

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

The SSP period finished at 5pm on the 14th of March last year.

You couldn't then select players again until the mid-season draft.

Given we have Garner, Hosie, Mahony and a others.

Tom McKenzie might be an option to relist as well, given he is now fit.

The SSP period finished at 5pm on the 14th of March last year.

You couldn't then select players again until the mid-season draft.

Given we have Garner, Hosie, Mahony and a others.

Tom McKenzie might be an option to relist as well, given he is now fit.

I don't wish any time out on Kayne but IF it's going that way, really hope we determine it quickly.

We don't need a 2nd mired list spot a la Jacobs where we have an empty seat in the locker room every week and a player on the LTI in everything but name.

I don't wish any time out on Kayne but IF it's going that way, really hope we determine it quickly.

We don't need a 2nd mired list spot a la Jacobs where we have an empty seat in the locker room every week and a player on the LTI in everything but name.

Exactly, empty list spots have completely destroyed the VFL side over the last few years, which has a massive impact on player development of those younger players trying to push up.

It doesn't appear we are going to put Jacobs on the LTI (AGAIN!), we can't compoud that with another, if this is infact a 4-5 month injury.

Exactly, empty list spots have completely destroyed the VFL side over the last few years, which has a massive impact on player development of those younger players trying to push up.

It doesn't appear we are going to put Jacobs on the LTI (AGAIN!), we can't compoud that with another, if this is infact a 4-5 month injury.
With all of these new people at the club it would be nice to see us start operating differently.

Have no doubt he'll take it Mutts. Reckon we finally might have a draft pick who can have an immediate impact.

Not since Ryan bastinac have we had such a thing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

While it sucks we'll be missing Sugar as an option throughout a very long period, this does open a massive door for Jack Mahoney who thankfully could fill his role perfectly barring tank and forward pressure skills but we'll see how it all turns out.

Hopefully Kayne isn't sidelined all season that would be a bit of a bummer.

While it sucks we'll be missing Sugar as an option throughout a very long period, this does open a massive door for Jack Mahoney who thankfully could fill his role perfectly barring tank and forward pressure skills but we'll see how it all turns out.

Hopefully Kayne isn't sidelined all season that would be a bit of a bummer.

Not really sure it sucks Billy, he aint no Winston Abraham. He maybe well liked around here but imo he's just one of about six plodders we roll out weekly and expect a return that is beyond him and them.

A career fwd who averages .7 goals a game cannot be a huge loss to a side that wants to be successful and I'm talking in general terms- any side, in any comp.

I hope he recovers quickly and kicks bags of goals, I just don't see it happening.

Hopefully, that’s the extent of our really bad news for this season. Last season it was Majak. No disrespect to Kayne but I believe we’re better placed to cover off his loss than we were with Daw. Of course, Jacobs is the gift we keep on not receiving...

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Not really sure it sucks Billy, he aint no Winston Abraham. He maybe well liked around here but imo he's just one of about six plodders we roll out weekly and expect a return that is beyond him and them.

A career fwd who averages .7 goals a game cannot be a huge loss to a side that wants to be successful and I'm talking in general terms- any side, in any comp.

I hope he recovers quickly and kicks bags of goals, I just don't see it happening.

Oh for sure, I agree with you. I just don't like seeing our players sitting out a whole season, regardless of skill.

I've been pretty deadset about how much I loathe Kayne's offensive output and just his position as a forward in general. Its more of a shame that his sidelining comes from forced injury than being dropped at selection, something he could've had placed on him these past few seasons along with others.

Silver linings though, I think Jack Mahoney will be a pleasant surprise if he does replace him.

I misread your post first TAO and thought you’d mixed Kayne up with Plugger when I saw his goal average. Then I spotted the decimal point...

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Any news on what actually happened? Or have I missed a post?
"Turner pulled up sore from Friday night's Marsh Community Series loss to the Western Bulldogs, and a scan on Monday revealed a fracture in his left sesamoid bone under his big toe."

"Turner pulled up sore from Friday night's Marsh Community Series loss to the Western Bulldogs, and a scan on Monday revealed a fracture in his left sesamoid bone under his big toe."

Fracture a bone under your big toe and that's your season done. The human body and sports is a weird world.

Reminds me of a lisfranc fracture.

There does seem to be a propensity on here to overrate very limited players who display "shinboner spirit" and underrate more talented players who are perceived to lack intensity regardless of output. A good example would be that by any measure Mason Wood has produced more performances that contribute meaningfully to the team than Turner, but Turner gets far more love here than Wood.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back