Past #28: Kayne Turner - pick #25 in '14 RD - delisted end '22 - re-listed w/ #39 in '22 RD - delisted end "23 - 111gm/58gl - thx Kayno

Remove this Banner Ad

Safe as houses. Will play round 1 and will have more "scores and assists" as the midfield lifts, and will particularly be helped by scampers reported tactics of pushing the midfielders back in numbers and opening up the forwards to more offensive contests.

Seeing him run around like a headless chook is a thing of beauty.

Sure we need goals to win games (it's part of how football works) but I think I prefer him doing nothing useful whatsoever whilst trying hard.

I'm a big fan but he's got to be able to produce some fundamental offensive football when it's his turn. His defensive effort is excellent and that's a given.

In 2019 there were games he presented as a decent small scoring option if not sporadically.

There's a lot of these guys on the list, with a couple of clear development areas that will be interesting to watch. They probably all deserve a clean slate until around June when you'd think the new coach/training, gameplan, personal goals etc would've had enough time to soak in.

I'm a big fan but he's got to be able to produce some fundamental offensive football when it's his turn. His defensive effort is excellent and that's a given.

In 2019 there were games he presented as a decent small scoring option if not sporadically.

There's a lot of these guys on the list, with a couple of clear development areas that will be interesting to watch. They probably all deserve a clean slate until around June when you'd think the new coach/training, gameplan, personal goals etc would've had enough time to soak in.

I'm certainly a fan too and happy to give time under Shaw, but he sort of, doesn't really do anything constructive most of the time?

Surely that has to change and fast if we are to get better as a team. Can't carry limited players when we don't have the cream at the top.

I'm certainly a fan too and happy to give time under Shaw, but he sort of, doesn't really do anything constructive most of the time?

Surely that has to change and fast if we are to get better as a team. Can't carry limited players when we don't have the cream at the top.

Agree with those points. And after a poor praccie things don't look as rosy.

But we were all laughing at the Richmond list 3 years ago and look how they're perceived now?

If our team could at least get back to the cohesiveness of 2014-15 with a little better finesse, then Kayne just needs to revive his role from that time to be very effective.

Can he be used as a tagger? At least then I couldn't care if he doesn't touch the footy and it's a role I think we need to reinstate.

He must lack in positioning or something because you'd have thought his tank, aggression and focus would make him perfect for that role.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Might get the chance to play back with Williams out the first two rounds.
I said it in another thread, needs to be trialled as a small defender. He just doesn’t have enough tricks to be a small forward.

We have plenty of guys who can play forward, but lack genuine small defenders.

With Williams out and Atley, McDonald and McMillan absolutely clueless as defenders, we need to find a small medium lock down player.

Nugget from the AFL Prospectus: We have scored 114 points directly from turnovers caused by Kayne's pressure in the last two seasons. Ranks him 14th in the AFL for this measure.

That’s where the data helps muppets like me who get y with him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back