#28 Oscar McDonald - ... aaand he's gone

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't think he's ever going to be a star (prove me wrong oh glorious OMac) but as long as he improves and remains somewhere in the 'decent' to 'good' range we're going to have a pretty solid defensive unit overall.

Tigers had Rance Astbury and Grimes. Tall defences who mark are all the buzz.

No matter what the DE says Omac isn't in our top 10 kicks. Taking the safest option sideways gets you a high efficiency and probably causes the next kick to lose his because he is slowed down and forced to either kick down the line or try a laser cutter into the middle.
He's not an overly conservative kick. Plus who really gives a * if there are other blokes on the team who can technically kick better but have either no brain or way too much ambition. How often does Bernie Vince being a talented kick actually pay off for the team?

He's not an overly conservative kick. Plus who really gives a **** if there are other blokes on the team who can technically kick better but have either no brain or way too much ambition. How often does Bernie Vince being a talented kick actually pay off for the team?

I was answering a suggestion he was our 2nd best kick which he isn't. Jetta is the perfect mix of ambition + talent with his kicking. If Omac can copy that then perfect.

Doctor Oc starting to look the goods. Brown got some very lucky goals but even with 4 to his name Oscar is having an outstanding season
2 of the 4 were joke frees, neither Oscar's fault

Doctor Oc starting to look the goods. Brown got some very lucky goals but even with 4 to his name Oscar is having an outstanding season
A notable trait of the McDonald boys is they never drop their heads.

But but we should have kept Dunn

Has done a good job on Hawkins and Brown, two of the premier key forwards in the competition and two guys who normally cut us up. Especially meritorious considering how much space we leave the opposition in their forward line.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why is it I see him so differently to everyone else?
I think he's just ok. Just being a stopper sometimes is ok but he needs to start winning some contests as well to become a very good defender.
Your Rances Talias Tarrants and Hurleys out mark there direct opponents.
It's all well and good always spoiling but North wanted that, they would have been fine with the ball always coming to ground because it gives them a chance to lock it forward. It's half doing there job for them.

I think he's just ok. Just being a stopper sometimes is ok but he needs to start winning some contests as well to become a very good defender.
It's all well and good always spoiling but North wanted that, they would have been fine with the ball always coming to ground because it gives them a chance to lock it forward. It's half doing there job for them.

I'm with you mate.

He's promising but still not quite there.

What games are people watching ? O Mac is the biggest spud on our list .... out of the 40ish games he has played I’d say the bloke he has played on has got BOG against us at least 30 of them ! Like his brother his decision makeing and kicking skills are second rate . Glad frost come in today and hope petty comes along soon , to get rid of this spud!

What games are people watching ? O Mac is the biggest spud on our list .... out of the 40ish games he has played I’d say the bloke he has played on has got BOG against us at least 30 of them ! Like his brother his decision makeing and kicking skills are second rate . Glad frost come in today and hope petty comes along soon , to get rid of this spud!

Yeah, nah.

He's an old-school stopper. Think Jakovich/SOS as opposed to the modern full back. He can do the float thing but his role is to stick to guys like glue.

I respectfully think you are an idiot. OMac has been the shining light down back in the first three rounds

He's an old-school stopper. Think Jakovich/SOS as opposed to the modern full back. He can do the float thing but his role is to stick to guys like glue.

Mate Jackovich was a monster who could go with the greatest CHF of all time and sos could go forward and kick 10.

At the moment he would wanna aim to reach Presti or Max Hudghton levels first

He is tracking along nicely, look at him now compared to when he first played and he has improved big time. He is actually a better kick and decision maker than Tmac. But not as confident as his brother. Get the defending right first, will build his confidence and his offensive game will improve

Mate Jackovich was a monster who could go with the greatest CHF of all time and sos could go forward and kick 10.

At the moment he would wanna aim to reach Presti or Max Hudghton levels first

I hope he becomes our Talia - pure lockdown, doesn’t need to be too creative with others around him launching attacks.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back