Player Watch #29 Jayden Hunt - extended to 2020 (and a barrel to boot!)

Remove this Banner Ad

Sellout Scully

Club Legend
Jun 7, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne

Couldn't find another thread about him so thought I'd start this one.

The club must rate him if they retained him on the senior list despite 2 injury struck years without a game. Not only this but they demoted Michie to the rookie list over him, meaning they either feared someone else could've picked him up, or they rated him as more important than Michie.

Given his light frame when he was first drafted from school football he was always going to be a project player, however I think he is now over or nearly over 80kg, and surprisingly tall at 187cm. He's also meant to be the fastest player on our list. I haven't watched enough of him personally though to assess his skills.

Even though he's more of a project player, I'd think he'd have to play at least 4-5 games this year to hold his spot on the list for 2017.

I've heard he's kicked a few goals in various VFL games. We also have an abundance of half-back options in Melksham, Salem, Grimes, White, Lumumba, Trengove even, so maybe half-forward is his go?

What are people's thoughts on him? What role would he play in our senior team should he break into the side?

schmuttt

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 12, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
West Ham United
Never seen him play, but if he has genuine pace it is something we really lack so I'm not too surprised we kept him on.

PerfectFooty

Perfect Cell
Apr 23, 2013
Benalla
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Williamstown Seagulls
We start player threads about guys who haven't played yet (sorry hunt) and are the whipping boys like Lumumba and Watts yet we only have one dedicated thread for complimenting (the hulk), need more of it. Need a Jones and Vince thread

RandB

Premium Platinum
Sep 9, 2007
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
MUFC Norwood
We start player threads about guys who haven't played yet (sorry hunt) and are the whipping boys like Lumumba and Watts yet we only have one dedicated thread for complimenting (the hulk), need more of it. Need a Jones and Vince thread
Just click/tap on a thread prefix e.g. "Player Watch" and it will list every thread with that prefix. Especially handy for looking up player threads as there are so many.

Demon 16

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 25, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Was impressed when I saw him last preseason. Had made himself an AFL body.

Could be a place for him on the list, with our need for speed..

Will need to show something this year though.

Dory_77

Premiership Player
Apr 2, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
I think when we drafted him the coaches all knew he was a long term prospect. His pace would be a handy asset in the side. I'd like to see him get games, but to be honest see him playing out the year at Casey before being delisted.

astrodee

Team Captain
Jan 26, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Aston Villa. Melbourne renegades
Hasn’t been getting enough of the ball at Casey but knows where the goals are and is very quick.
Lack of continuity has hurt him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

PerfectFooty

Perfect Cell
Apr 23, 2013
Benalla
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Williamstown Seagulls
I'm surprised he wasn't moved to the Rookie list, i would he thought he'd be there ahead of viv. Nether the less wether he makes it or not i'd like to see him get at least get one game next year.

Remove this Banner Ad