Player Watch #29: Shai Bolton - What an absolute jet!

Remove this Banner Ad

Was excellent in the first quarter. The phrase 'give him an inch of space and he'll take a mile' comes to mind not just in the context of slipping away from his opponent but giving a quick decisive handball in an Edwards like fashion. Very pleased he is finally getting an opportunity at AFL level and is a must re-sign which based off last weeks interview shouldn't be too big of a problem.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Been really impressive this year but has a bad habit of shooting for goal when there are better options available. Did that twice tonight in the 1st half and it stands out in such a sharing side like this one.

I hear you, but equally there are many times a game when someone who’s paid to kick goals should take the shot but try some guineapigshit (get that one big footy filters) pass that goes pear shaped

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Been really impressive this year but has a bad habit of shooting for goal when there are better options available. Did that twice tonight in the 1st half and it stands out in such a sharing side like this one.
I understand people’s perspective of this. It can be annoying.

Having said that, at least he is having a shot at goal. He needs to find the balance, but I don’t think I ever want to see him be a player that overpasses or overthinks the shot at goal. We already have plenty of players like that. I like to see him lean more towards shooting for goal when better options are present just to balance the team out.

The only flaw in that was he wasn't much better at The Crows. Had plenty of talent though, just couldn't put it all together. Shame, was a ripping bloke.

I think our development and game plan would turn Bling into a star if he walked through the door tomorrow.

Our kids just got to play in an VFL final trying to win a spot in a an AFL side still in contention. Plenty of quality development coaches and a clear well defined game plan and clear role for each player. It’s a far cry from the career destroying Tigers of old.

Just think there’s so much hand luck in an AFL career.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dimma spoke about him in his presser the other day. Said Bolton has been training really well and he's improved heaps in that area and it's just a matter of it clicking consistency at AFL level. He's had some good games that have shown his promise, he's gotta get to 50 games and he'll start showing that consistency and talent the club knows he has.

Defs need to learn to bring his team mates into the game more and not go all himself, but when he starts to get that right he'll be a jet imo

Remove this Banner Ad

Back