Player Watch #29: Shai Bolton - What an absolute jet!

Remove this Banner Ad

Makes me nervous. Can't afford to lose him as is the future of our club. Considering a few years ago Cameron Rayner and Paddy "Wow" LMAO signed 3 year contract extensions for $2,000,000...... before they'd even played a senior match. I think that figures a disgrace for them 2 spuds but about on the money with Shai. The only issue is that 3 years takes him to Free Agency and with a manager like Carr who couldn't give a sh!t about turning his contract extension into a circus. The only real option is a 5 year deal or even better a 2 year deal. In 2 years heaps of our big earners will be either gone or on lowly 1 year extensions so we can either afford to pay him long term on good coin (if his trajectory tracks as we hope and he in fact wants to stay) or if he does in fact want to leave to say Freo (his team he grew up supporting) we bleed them dry for draft picks and players worse than Geelol did to GWS for Jeremy Cameron. A 3 year deal could end up like Hawthorn and get Pick 20 for Buddy Franklin.

We offer him 600k he probably leaves for 900k elsewhere. Is worth more than that already. Deserves to be in our top 5 player payments.

I'd be happy to hold onto him for 700k
Maybe - although are we underestimating the bond of “the Richmond Brotherhood”?

I reckon it is worth lots of $

Imagine after the last 4 years of people claiming their team has the ‘next Dusty’, it turns out we’ve had the next Dusty along with the current Dusty all along
Thought we already had...
1623102308355.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We offer him 600k he probably leaves for 900k elsewhere. Is worth more than that already. Deserves to be in our top 5 player payments.

I'd be happy to hold onto him for 700k
I think we ll sign him in the 700s , will likely cost us re signing Macca or DA or both . You do it for arguably our second best player

I think we ll sign him in the 700s , will likely cost us re signing Macca or DA or both . You do it for arguably our second best player
Astbury is coming to the end and if he goes on would likely be on a lot less anyway. hes 31 at the start of next year, hes been displaced somewhat from his natural position, and his body is starting to fail him again. Hoili i dont see going on, and i dont see caddy staying with us unless he cements himself again in the second half of the year. also isnt prestia up for resigning this year, and id suspect he would be on 200k less this contract than the last.

dont think kmac is going anywhere.

Astbury is coming to the end and if he goes on would likely be on a lot less anyway. hes 31 at the start of next year, hes been displaced somewhat from his natural position, and his body is starting to fail him again. Hoili i dont see going on, and i dont see caddy staying with us unless he cements himself again in the second half of the year. also isnt prestia up for resigning this year, and id suspect he would be on 200k less this contract than the last.

I believe it’s why the club may offer him short term deal, say 2 yrs, to keep under the salary cap, with a bigger long term deal after a few of our older stars start to drop off. We must sign him as he is our future.

prestia has re signed already for 3

One of my mates hearing that contract talks have reached an impasse. Where is this coming from?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back