Player Watch #29: Shai Bolton - What an absolute jet!

Remove this Banner Ad

Disagree, he was playing much better in the midfield at VFL level and I think that's his more natural position
I've been saying that for ages. He is not a forward pocket although he can rest down there.

The good thing about a one year deal is that if Cerra wants to come home and it doesn't work out with Shai, he could be part of a trade....

A one year deal makes sense to me.
Gives a young player with plenty of upside the chance to prove that he can turn potential into performance.
And the club the chance to make a fair assessment of his true worth.

Disagree, he was playing much better in the midfield at VFL level and I think that's his more natural position
And rarely played 4/4's and
That's doing half the running he'd have to do at senior level

Far more upside to this kid than Stengle, who is sloooooow.
Shai will be a very good player for us in years to come.

At 18 or 19 you want to see moments of brilliance and then some patches of brilliance.

We’ve all seen some things that you just shake your head in amazement. I’ve seen some patches of absolute brilliance where he has been unstoppable.

I’ve got big expectations for him. He will be given a block of games next year to get him accustomed to AFL in the hope that in the midpoint to later in the year he is comfortable and showcasing his brilliance.

I expect Rioli and Higgins to be more involved in the midfield next season. Shai will be in our forward line along with Tiger Tom and Our Jack.

Don’t really see the appeal about Shai to be honest. I still feel like Stengle offers more than him.

The games I’ve seen him play, he never has much impact besides some unrealistic fly at the footy for a mark.
Stengle hasn’t got the pace imho , Shai really ramped up his impact at vfl when went to hbf, can see him being a Hill style winger

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hopefully he can take a spot up forward next year and allow Rioli to move to the wing.
Hopefully he gets a crack at HB. We need a line-breaker, and that would allow Short to move to the reserves.

Contract is only for 1 year, that's a bad sign IMO. I think it is only a matter of "when" not "if" he goes back to WA.

Richmond football manager Neil Balme told AFL.com.au on Wednesday that Bolton had signed a new one-year deal.

"We're very pleased to re-sign Shai and he's very keen to stay," Balme said.

"He'll get the opportunity to play next season and if he plays well, which we're hopeful he will, then we suspect we'll soon be in strong negotiations to lock him away longer-term.

"Shai is very settled in Melbourne and is an extreme talent. He's just got to get some consistency in football, which we're confident he can."

Bolton's manager, Ralph Carr, said there was never any danger of his client leaving Punt Rd.

"We're excited to re-sign, Shai was always going to because he loves the club," Carr said.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-10-03/tiger-bolton-signs-on-because-he-loves-the-club
Not sure how you get that from those quotes.

I know But I stand by my opinion that he won't ever have an AFL midfield tank.
He will.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back