Preview 2nd Semi Crows v Freo - Friday Night 8pm CST

Remove this Banner Ad

I love how WCE has been whinging about their injured forward line all year when its been their midfield that is not producing. It was awesome being at that game seeing spuds like the Selwoods getting blasted off the ball.

Priddis is a workhorse to be admired, then you have Kerr who is undoubtedly a star but after that you have guys who will crumble under any sort of pressure despite being mostly inside types, without Cox and Naita they'd look dead average.

FWIW I don't think any reasonable Freo fan expects you to be easybeats this weekend, Adelaide in Adelaide for a final is nothing to take lightly especially when you've beaten us twice already this season. Those who think otherwise are trolls, idiots and definitely in the minority of Freo fans. Our short recovery will also work against us so I can't really see why Adelaide shouldn't be short-priced favourites.

So... who's going to be lining up for tickets tomorrow morning? :rolleyes:

Sigh.

Tickets are going to sell like cold cakes this week. Will be a depressing cloud hanging over the game as the week wears on.

Rowey: "Two days to go and there's still 30,000 tickets available? C'mon Crows fans, where are ya?!"

I reckon we'll still scrape past 40,000 but it will be a 'slow burn' ticket sale rather than last week's Monday frenzy. Hopefully plenty of Freo fans get seduced by their form and make the trek over.

Nope, I'm not going this week.

I have a work dinner on Friday night, I think my bladder will be feeling quite bad and I will have to nick off to the toilet so I can watch it on the TV. If they have a TV, they better have a TV.

Sigh.

Tickets are going to sell like cold cakes this week. Will be a depressing cloud hanging over the game as the week wears on.

Rowey: "Two days to go and there's still 30,000 tickets available? C'mon Crows fans, where are ya?!"

I reckon we'll still scrape past 40,000 but it will be a 'slow burn' ticket sale rather than last week's Monday frenzy. Hopefully plenty of Freo fans get seduced by their form and make the trek over.

Count 4 here. Too much to come from interstate for both so i missed the first and hoped for prelim, but semi it is.

You may find a second wave who held off not being able to afford both.

Count 4 here. Too much to come from interstate for both so i missed the first and hoped for prelim, but semi it is.

You may find a second wave who held off not being able to afford both.
Hope so.

I'll be there. Someone has to boo Douglas.

I think I will say goodbye for at least a week, I've got a ban coming my way from my friends on the Port board. Gees they talk s**t, we would have finished 14th if we had their draw, fair dinkum.

First there were eight teams. There were 4 Vic teams and 4 interstate teams. Now there are 6 teams with only 2 Victorian teams left. Cant see Hawks missing out but wouldnt it be great if the Collingwood disappear this weekend coming and then see Adelaide know off the Hawks resulting in a GF against either West Coast or Sydney. Man I would really love that.

I think I will say goodbye for at least a week, I've got a ban coming my way from my friends on the Port board. Gees they talk s**t, we would have finished 14th if we had their draw, fair dinkum.

Lol. I'm on thin ice from Freo board i think.

Gotta fight the good fight...lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Should be a good game. Although we were great against Geelong we lost the clearances and contested possessions. We will have to tighten up on that this week.

Home grond advantage is a huge plus for you guys. I just hope we turn up to play again.

Sigh.

I'm going to the game. Crows need us more this week than last. I think one of my friends isn't coming with me this time. She's convinced she's bad luck as every game she's watched (save for the close Essendon game) Adelaide play they lose (including on TV - she only watched the North and Brisbane games, lol). She's been living here for 3 years. I've seriously only seen Adelaide win with other friends and not her... I told her she isn't bad luck she just chooses the wrong games to watch. I'll ask her tomorrow if she's going. She threatened to leave during the game a couple of times on Saturday, was pretty funny.

Listened to the Geelong crowd the other night (on the tv) - they never stopped making noise, willing their boys to lift. it was sensationally loud. Only heard noise (on the tv) from crows crowd when we scored a goal, disagreed with the umpire or thought we might be lifting, but it disappeared when we didn't. Was very disappointing.

Listened to the Geelong crowd the other night (on the tv) - they never stopped making noise, willing their boys to lift. it was sensationally loud. Only heard noise (on the tv) from crows crowd when we scored a goal, disagreed with the umpire or thought we might be lifting, but it disappeared when we didn't. Was very disappointing.
Yeah, agreed. We are way too mellow. Need to get more into it.

They came back 3 times and gave their crowd something to cheer for.

Should be a good game. Although we were great against Geelong we lost the clearances and contested possessions. We will have to tighten up on that this week.

Home grond advantage is a huge plus for you guys. I just hope we turn up to play again.
If we don't improve our defensive spread you guys will kill us from any of our turnovers...or even kick-ins from behinds which we will no doubt give you plenty.

They came back 3 times and gave their crowd something to cheer for.

No, this was early in the game - in the first half where there was VERY little to cheer about. They just didn't stop. We have this damned cauldera filled to the brim with Crows supporters and you often can't hear a peep. The team needs us to lift them when they're down, not just when they're up. Very disappointing, but I guess it's always been that way - not going to change now.

Must say, reading this thread you blokes look like a bunch of Einsteins compared to north and geelong supporters. Nice change.

Should be a great game, think Freo are in better form than when they last visited Adelaide, obviously considering they will be with Fyfe and Sandi this time. Silvagni is also a good in compared with last time (for structure of backline). On paper you would think your talls would dominate, but Zac is only one piece of the puzzle. There is plenty of height in the whole backline that covers for each other, including Johnson and McPhee. Which speaking of, McPhee played one of his best games for Freo against cats I thought.

Looking forward to this one, players like Dangerfieled and Sloane are real dangers for Freo.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back