AFL Player # 3: Darcy Parish - Calf setback, another 2 weeks - 4/6

Remove this Banner Ad

There is also mutiple people / sources who have said players mad coaches have not been happy with parish’s attitude around the club in the past. Was it ant555 thats mentioned this a few times
From what you hear yes . Has had times where he struts around like he owns the place which has rubbed a few the wrong way. Was more the early years than more recent times from what I know.

From what you hear yes . Has had times where he struts around like he owns the place which has rubbed a few the wrong way. Was more the early years than more recent times from what I know.
Which gels with his interview on the podcast a couple of months ago when he was asked about being one of the senior guys now and his early journey being drafted and coming into the club in the suspension year.

It’s kind of difficult to remember that Parish is only a year older than McGrath

It does seem that way if you're not listening to the silence of the 17 other clubs that didn't offer the superstar a deal.

Essendon were always going to match/overpay. They had the cap room and couldn’t afford to let him go. so it was a waste of time for the other clubs.

I think if he’s at Essendon in 2025 is the real question. Prime age player with a big reputation on a long term deal is perfect trade candidate if things aren’t going as well as you expect

Essendon were always going to match/overpay. They had the cap room and couldn’t afford to let him go. so it was a waste of time for the other clubs.

I think if he’s at Essendon in 2025 is the real question. Prime age player with a big reputation on a long term deal is perfect trade candidate if things aren’t going as well as you expect
Yeah. Paying other clubs to fix your list management mistakes is the new gold standard, we need to mimic Collingwood.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've already fallen for one in the last page.

Not sure if this is a troll or not.

I've already fallen for one in the last page.

Not sure if this is a troll or not.

Nah not a troll.

Just saying smart teams don’t give up players for nothing.

Smart teams are also constantly looking at how to get better and that typically happens by trading things of value. Ie good players, top pics ect

This year Parish was worth more to Essendon on the team then as a compo pick.

Next year Parish vs Parish trade value is a curious question and I’m not sure what the answer will be

Remove this Banner Ad

Back