AFL Player # 3: Darcy Parish - Calf setback, another 2 weeks - 4/6

Remove this Banner Ad

Jake Stringer is a far different athlete and has far different injury history, hes also considerably older. Its comparing apples and oranges

Sometimes injuries are originally unavoidable, i think the injury list across the AFL is showing that

I just dont buy that a great PS necessarily means playing round 1

No idea what your saying here
So you can have a great pre season that includes a 5 week calf injury at the end of it.
giphy.gif

But he did return and did get injured again and he now has a history of calf issues so obviously 95% of his pre season was an issue . Maybe he needed a Jake Stringer pre season where he was eased into the program a bit more. You can spin it any way you want but his season is now in trouble.
Semantics though. Up until his injury, which was unlucky, he was flying in preseason.

His 'excellent' preseason included a calf injury. He's now out, again, with a calf injury.

All preseasons are excellent until you break down with load or injury. If you're not getting through the preseason without breaking down, you haven't had an excellent preseason, you've have an excellent block of training then gotten injured.
Again, semantics. You know what KA meant. The guy had a great preseason before getting injured.

Semantics though. Up until his injury, which was unlucky, he was flying in preseason.
Not really semantics. A bloke who has a history of calf issues does not get to round one. Sorry but I am not calling that a good pre season. If it was his first calf injury. Then unlucky. It was not . He got injured. Makes no difference that he was going well. The whole idea is to finish pre season. There was no 4 points available in match sim.

So you can have a great pre season that includes a 5 week calf injury at the end of it.
giphy.gif
He came back in excellent shape

His December, Jan and February were outstanding

Its a shame that an injury stopped short of what couldve been and has continued to other injuries just on the door step of the season starting

Not really semantics. A bloke who has a history of calf issues does not get to round one. Sorry but I am not calling that a good pre season. If it was his first calf injury. Then unlucky. It was not . He got injured. Makes no difference that he was going well. The whole idea is to finish pre season. There was no 4 points available in match sim.
You can only think that way if you believe every soft tissue injury can be avoided, its clear they cant

The whole point of PS isnt to get to round 1 solely. Its to set you up as best it can for your best season. Tippa got to round 1 last year, but didnt get the miles in over PS

Its finding that balance no doubt, the club obviously did what they thought was best at the time

There is 'unlucky' in this game with injuries

They look at PS of each player each year, they will also be looking closer at his returns after each injury ect and how it translated from hamstring to calf ect

You can only think that way if you believe every soft tissue injury can be avoided, its clear they cant

The whole point of PS isnt to get to round 1 solely. Its to set you up as best it can for your best season. Tippa got to round 1 last year, but didnt get the miles in

Its finding that balance no doubt, the club obviously did what they thought was best at the time

There is 'unlucky' in this game with injuries

They look at PS of each player each year, they will also be looking closer at his returns after each injury ect and how it translated from hamstring to calf ect
The whole point of pre season is not to have a 5 week injury before round 1. Of course you look for a balance but when the wheels fall off you can not say it was a great pre season. He got injured. It was not great. As for the last line. I already said that. It was not a great pre season.

The whole point of pre season is not to have a 5 week injury before round 1. Of course you look for a balance but when the wheels fall off you can not say it was a great pre season. He got injured. It was not great. As for the last line. I already said that. It was not a great pre season.
The captain clearly disagrees with you

No point talking in circles, we arent gonna see eye to eye here

In total i think he had a great PS, you dont. All good

He came back in excellent shape

His December, Jan and February were outstanding

Its a shame that an injury stopped short of what couldve been and has continued to other injuries just on the door step of the season starting
How many 4 points did we get for the black team winning the match sim ?
It does not matter that he was in great shape in Dec / Jan / Feb. He did another calf injury. Would have could have should have.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was a hamstring strain in the pre season. Felt it after the Geelong pre-season match in March which he played well in. Was an excellent pre-season up until that point so i agree with KA. Ant and owen doing their regular petty bs to try and bring KA down for making a completely reasonable comment.

Back to Darcy, was loving the way he was working back into the team, finding his place and complimenting the games of big improvers Perkins, Durham and Caldwell. Hopefully he can get this right and come back and find form after the bye leading into finals. He'll be a really important cog in the midfield if we are going to break the finals drought.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back