Past #3: Ryan Bastinac - traded to Brisbane for picks 17, 26, 28 & 47 (NMFC loses 34, 38, 40 & 2016 R3)

Remove this Banner Ad

No offence to him because he's an ok player, but if Robinson can turn his career around and win a BnF at Brisbane, I would give Bastinac a decent chance to do well there too. With Jacobs starting to cement his spot and Dumont most likely ahead in the pecking order too, a trade there would be a win/win in truth.[/QUOTE

I'm pretty sure David Teague won a BNF in a Carlton side that won the wooden spoon (still love saying that), he was no star. Robinson I think was always a decent player at carlton, just had off field issues. Bennell anyone??? I think Basti could be a very good player elsewhere. Could still be a good player at North but too many similar players. Be interested what sort of offers we get for him. Does anyone know what the Suns are giving us for Currie???

I am torn between whether I am disappointed with him leaving or not

He is the most frustrating player on our list. We all know how good he "can" be or his ability but he is either lazy or maybe just not good enough.

He may be better at a new club

If we can get 25 for Melksham I dare say you guys would get something good for Basti.
probably something similar, on a good day. melksham and basti are very similar tbh, I'm sure you blokes are delighted to see the back of melksham as a lot of us would be for bastinac. Picks and chooses when to rock up, and is wasting his talent.

If we are offered a second rounder for him by Brisbane we do the right thing and accept it. (assuming pick 21 rather than 17), Honestly speaking his value has diminished significantly in recent years and if we are comparing him to Levi last year (we received pick 25) he had a lot higher output when he played than Bastinac and 21 would be a win for mine.

I don't know if this has been said, but Carlton are interested.

I don't know if this has been said, but Carlton are interested.
Carlton's list is in a place where they could do with both Basti and Black. Make it happen Funky Carl, turn it into something good. It's Teague and Morell all over again[1].

[1]but something better than a clapped out McKernan would qualify as "good". What happened there, he was a good player when he left and then they Carltoned him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I believe that he has a 5 year deal from Brisbane infront of him and is agreeable to a trade - with Brisbane his preferred destination - just not sure what they have that would be of interest to us - unless it ends up in a multi club deal.

I believe that he has a 5 year deal from Brisbane infront of him and is agreeable to a trade - with Brisbane his preferred destination - just not sure what they have that would be of interest to us - unless it ends up in a multi club deal.

wow 5 year deal would mean something pretty good coming our way or you are a troll with 3 posts to your name.;)

If we are offered a second rounder for him by Brisbane we do the right thing and accept it. (assuming pick 21 rather than 17), Honestly speaking his value has diminished significantly in recent years and if we are comparing him to Levi last year (we received pick 25) he had a lot higher output when he played than Bastinac and 21 would be a win for mine.
That may not be the case. Usually whoever deals with Collingwood will end up with the shorter end of the stick.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back