Past #32: Mason Wood - 65 NM games/76 NM goals - delisted end '20 - SSP selection for STK '21 - GL Mase

Remove this Banner Ad

This bloke, Taz and JZ; all could have got big deals elsewhere. Chose to stay and took long term contracts with North. That's how its done people.

Anyone dilly dallying can **** off.

I know when I've wanted to change jobs, you only ever take more than one step to explore options if you deadset want to leave the place you're at.

Last edited:
This bloke, Taz and JZ; all could have got big deals elsewhere. Chose to stay and took long term contracts with North. That's how it done people.

Anyone dilly dallying can **** off.

I know when I've wanted to change jobs, you only ever take more than one step to explore options if you deadset want to leave the place you're at.

You taking a shot at Wells?

Probably been offered and turned down more contracts than Mason has ever seen.

Arrogance :thumbsdown: Determination :thumbsu:

You're always gonna get these types among professional athletes.

What's important is that he gets on with his teammates and is a teachable player. If he isn't about that then he's probably having a negative impact on the team. Nothing really to suggest that though about Wood.

You're always gonna get these types among professional athletes.

What's important is that he gets on with his teammates and is a teachable player. If he isn't about that then he's probably having a negative impact on the team. Nothing really to suggest that though about Wood.

Yeah, while it's not a particularly endearing quality, if he is going to have an air of arrogance about him he better back it up regularly or he'll be taken down faster than a nude pic on Big Footy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Arrogance is needed to be a truly great forward.

Well, let's check history....

Carey - Yes

Fill in the gap on the rest (a selection of players over 500 goals)

Ablett -
Lockett -
Dunstall -
Lloyd -
Matthews -
Richardson -
Franklin -
S. Rocca -
Hall -
Kernahan -
Pavlich -
N. Riewoldt -
A. Lynch -
Nietz -
Fevola -
Brown -
Modra -
Grant -
Gehrig -
Tredrea -
B. Taylor -
Osborne -

Well, let's check history....

Carey - Yes

Fill in the gap on the rest (a selection of players over 500 goals)

Ablett -
Lockett -
Dunstall -
Lloyd -
Matthews -
Richardson -
Franklin -
S. Rocca -
Hall -
Kernahan -
Pavlich -
N. Riewoldt -
A. Lynch -
Nietz -
Fevola -
Brown -
Modra -
Grant -
Gehrig -
Tredrea -
B. Taylor -
Osborne -
Of that list, in the arrogance stakes i would rate Tredrea a clear no 1

Of that list, in the arrogance stakes i would rate Tredrea a clear no 1
I find it hard to disagree with that.

I'll never forget his over-celebration after he kicked a goal in the 2007 Preliminary when they were about 12 goals up. He was promptly told to pull his head in and then to see the sweet satisfaction of the look on his face the following week!

Maybe the most exciting player we have on our list coming back for round 1 next year.

Has the strut and confidence of a quality player - which he clearly is.

It's funny also as why I bumped this thread is had a chat with a mate on our dog walk who said "you guys are gone next year, no decent forwards now Petrie is gone".

I said we have "Brown, Waite and Daw, also Mason Wood being a very exciting lead up and hard running fwd".

Response "Mason who?"

Pretty much sums up how we have quality players coming back that no one really knows about.

I find that pretty exciting to be honest, reckon if we stay fit (big if admittedly) we will prove plenty wrong next year :thumbsu:

Last edited:
Maybe the most exciting player we have on our list coming back for round 1 next year.

It's funny also as why I bumped this thread is had a chat with a mate on our dog walk who said "you guys are gone next year, no decent forwards now Petrie is gone".

I said we have "Brown, Waite and Daw, also Mason Wood being a very exciting lead up and hard running fwd".

Response "Mason who?"

Pretty much sums up how we have quality players coming back that no one really knows about.

I find that pretty exciting to be honest, reckon if we stay fit (big if admittedly) we will prove plenty wrong next year :thumbsu:

I would've had at least three or four mates telling me Mason Wood was North's best young player and one of the comps most exciting big young stars when he was out of contract.

After he re-signed he promptly went back to being a nobody.

Response "Mason who?"

Standard scenario regarding any north player tbh. If we had someone like Bontempelli, Cripps or Zach Merrett in our team then they'd get nowhere near the amount of media hype that they do at their respective clubs.

Standard scenario regarding any north player tbh. If we had someone like Bontempelli, Cripps or Zach Merrett in our team then they'd get nowhere near the amount of media hype that they do at their respective clubs.
Or it's just that we haven't had any young players anywhere near that quality in a very long time?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back