Player Watch #36: Kozzy Pickett – Signed until 2027! 🎉

Remove this Banner Ad

Kozzy's routine seems pretty fine to me? Nothing too fiddly about it, pretty straightforward. As TK says (and has analysed in the lab!) The ball drop is crucial and he's pretty solid with that. Over the course of this year he's been good with his set shots that I remember. One or two bad misses but most are going through.

My old man said that Malthouse was going hard on Kozzy's goalkicking routine on ABC radio, referring to him as prancing. BT was a little bit critical too.

Do we think that there is any issue there?

(What a player, by the way!) #barometer

I don't see the issue with that though?

He tries to get a little momentum with some bouncing, he runs straight and drops it straight, leans back a little at times.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's not important. As long as you stay low and keep your head and shoulders straight over the ball you're fine.

Agree, look at Jack Watts's kicking action - walked in the whole way but still bombed it 55 metres when needed with accuracy based on timing.

I'm sure there are other examples, but timing & momentum going through the ball at point of impact are the keys.

Agree, look at Jack Watts's kicking action - walked in the whole way but still bombed it 55 metres when needed with accuracy based on timing.

I'm sure there are other examples, but timing & momentum going through the ball at point of impact are the keys.

It’s a pity he gets mocked so much as whilst he was a disappointing footballer far out he was a superb shot for goal.

Watching Jurrah kick goals from 20 metres out by just flopping them straight through the middle with a 25 metre kick was so soothing

That bloke could kick a bee off your penis and neither you or the bee would be uncomfortable

My mate said on the weekend he was watching Jurrah play in the Katherine Footy league, said he's blown out abit and doesn't move that much but can still kick them from anywhere (kicked an amazing one from the boundary).

Watching Jurrah kick goals from 20 metres out by just flopping them straight through the middle with a 25 metre kick was so soothing
I remember this, some players really struggle from close in when they just try to dab it through, but his kicks were weighted to perfection. Saw a video of Jurrah at some school, just kicking footy's into a bin from 50m away, dude was just so incredibly talented.

That bloke could kick a bee off your penis and neither you or the bee would be uncomfortable
If that ever played out, I think there might be some psychological scars at the least

Remove this Banner Ad

Back