Review Dees v Swans: the Good, Bad & Fugly with a plea to Pickett to return

Remove this Banner Ad

Gents, Sydney has had our measure - or thereabouts of late. I have no confidence going into today. Sydney by 30 points. Please share your thoughts after this debacle

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The good:
  • Outside players (ANB, Spargs, Hunter, Langdon) all terrific
  • Best game from Oliver in ages (went at 80% DE!)
  • Our new forward line. Petty, JVR, Chandler all had a big impact
  • Grundy was much better
  • May, Rivers, McVee all good in different ways
  • Ball movement
  • Subbing out Brown when Swans were getting a run on

The bad:
  • Same as last week, Brayshaw and Viney. Both hard as cats heads, but represent everything bad about our ball movement in recent times

Fantastic win. Fun ti watch, played with dare and got the rewards.
JVR looks fine at this level.
May back in was huge, defence in general seemed so much calmer. McVee, Riv, Hibberd had some good moments back there.
Still some sloppy disposal, and BBB was slow as but otherwise not much to complain about. If you're playing fast and risky footy you're going to cop some the other way, especially against a good team. Glad we kept going with it even as Sydney pushed us.

*. Yes.

So much to like about that game, JVR really did show what a difference a contested marking forward makes. All of a sudden the Swans we’re watching him and gaps opened short.

Thought JJ was bloody great inside too. His pressure is off the chain. He might be ‘vanilla’ (Topkent tagging you my friend) but he’s a water carrier and he knows where the goals are too.

The good:
  • Outside players (ANB, Spargs, Hunter, Langdon) all terrific
  • Best game from Oliver in ages (went at 80% DE!)
  • Our new forward line. Petty, JVR, Chandler all had a big impact
  • Grundy was much better
  • May, Rivers, McVee all good in different ways
  • Ball movement
  • Subbing out Brown when Swans were getting a run on

The bad:
  • Same as last week, Brayshaw and Viney. Both hard as cats heads, but represent everything bad about our ball movement in recent times
Wow that’s tough on Brayshaw. Was much better this week.

Wow that’s tough on Brayshaw. Was much better this week.
Thought he was pretty rubbish to be fair, but maybe I'm hard on him because he isn't looking overly invested atm.

Ball use aside, he's falling asleep defensively too often and isn't really adding anything going back the other way

Not too much to say what went wrong in that game. A few panicked moments in the second quarter but I can't think of many moments of being poor. Brown has been decent so will let a bad game slide. We never got headed which is always fun. Kicking 21 goals is always fun, to bad Pickett wasn't there. To be honest I feel that we actually played really well rather than Sydney playing poorly which is really pleasing, much more satisfying than besting the dogs who are genuinely poo poo.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back