Review Dees v Swans - the Good, bad and Fugly

Remove this Banner Ad

Lever was absolutely useless. Could have played Hore and got more out of him. He's completely lost his intercept game around the game and without it he's barely worth having in the team

I'd rather get rid of Tomo.

Did a couple of nice things but he's an athletic and ground ball liability.

Lever was poor, but at least we know he can play quality football.

Instead of mediocre football at best.
This is kinda my point, doesn't matter what we say but people here are like ah Clarry and Lever were fine etc no need to worry about them. Let's drop schache and Tomlinson that'll be the difference.

It's not though, problem is the senior stars underperforming and being led by their soft af captain

This is kinda my point, doesn't matter what we say but people here are like ah Clarry and Lever were fine etc no need to worry about them. Let's drop schache and Tomlinson that'll be the difference.

It's not though, problem is the senior stars underperforming and being led by their soft af captain
Agree our leaders need to lift, only Viney and May performed to required level Thursday.

The rest were average.

That said, players that aren't going to make the grade going out is better for us.

Hore in for Tommo.

Fullarton in for Schache.

Too true.

Remember when we used to play on the edge, I think it was back in 2017/18. We really need to put some mongrel into our game. We are too bloody nice.

Too true.

Remember when we used to play on the edge, I think it was back in 2017/18. We really need to put some mongrel into our game. We are too bloody nice.
Doesn't need to be anything stupid aswell especially these days but just let them know you're playing against a team who's one in all in.
Dunno if you played junior footy but you always remembered the teams who extra physical and you'd be thinking about it before and during the game. It's a distraction, got half an eye out waiting for the extra little swing arm in the guts etc.

Kozzy and Viney are the only guys who play like campaigners. Even Mays been so badly blanketed he rarely does anything now.

I was surprised how many direct goal assists he had when I watched the goals youtube video today. Take it for granted I guess how damaging he is and I always remember him fumbling or scrubbing a kick. He had direct involvement in half our goals and he played like s**t.
He's arguably the best goal assist player in the comp. If he could convert in front of goal himself he'd be the best player in the comp.

Lever was poor, but at least we know he can play quality football.

Instead of mediocre football at best.
Lever has been a liability since 21. Was s* the other night and besides the odd game, he's been really poor. His strength is intercepting and even Howes on debut dominated him in that stat. Maybe teams have worked him out. Play him tight like a defender nearly. Don't give him space to run and jump. Can't see the club dropping him though. Hore or Turner could maybe play that role? Maybe dropping Lever could be the shake up he needs? Who knows

Although what do we expect

Petracca, Salem, Gawn, Fritsch, Langdon, Schache, Spargo, Billings etc there's so many just nice give you a smile and apologize after a tackle footballers in this side.
Salem used to love being a campaigner. Haven't seen it in years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Petty has a bit of campaigner about him. JVR needs to add it to his game too if he wants to be the leader in our F50. I reckon he's capable.
Apart from the two games he played as a forward last year Petty hasn't looked comfortable in his own skin since THAT Brisbane game.

How many goals did we get through general good play? Most seemed to be opportunistic or luck from memory which is really concerning
Same as always, we are the masters of not kicking any easy goals. When was the last time we had a JTG? Feels like forever.

How many goals did we get through general good play? Most seemed to be opportunistic or luck from memory which is really concerning
that's the most frustrating part of our game, it just looks so hard for us to kick a goal, usually some snap out of a pack by ANB after a million inside 50s, how is that sustainable to kick a score?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back