Review Dees v Maggies: the Good, Bad & Fugly

Remove this Banner Ad

Beset with doubt, i consulted the augurs. In haughty tones, they told me that there is nothing new under the sun, For example, in the year of grace 378, the legions of Rome were vanquished at Adrianople by a Gothic incursion. The Emperor himself fell in battle. His body was never recovered. Nor did the western half of the Roman Empire whose death-throes were at hand.

Who was I to argue otherwise. Maggies by 17 points. Bring out your dead after the debacle.

The most frustrating game I've ever watched. 69-37 inside 50s, we ******* smashed them for most of the game, but couldn't find a target inside 50 to save our lives, and even when we did our set-shot kicking was gash. Can't fault the effort, but Jesus Christ that was some dumb football.

Worst possible way to lose really. Had the game on our boot and we couldn’t have done any more to throw it away.
Yeah Collingwood weren't even good last quarter. They handed us the game on a plate and we still couldn't take it.

We didn't even do a single thing different in the last quarter, continued to just bomb it long to absolutely nothing and hope for the best. Still only scored 3 goals from 20 inside 50 entries Collingwood just had nothing left to get us on the rebound.

Fritsch Koz and Rivers all kicked it out on the full in the last. Tmac missed an easy one. Whole team couldn't handle the pressure of the occasion

Yeah Collingwood weren't even good last quarter. They handed us the game on a plate and we still couldn't take it.

We didn't even do a single thing different in the last quarter, continued to just bomb it long to absolutely nothing and hope for the best. Still only scored 3 goals from 20 inside 50 entries Collingwood just had nothing left to get us on the rebound.

Fritsch Koz and Rivers all kicked it out on the full in the last. Tmac missed an easy one. Whole team couldn't handle the pressure of the occasion

Won’t be surprised at all if we drop our heads next week and really get rolled over.

What a disgraceful performance for the fans in Melbourne. That 2021 premiership feels a long time ago now.

Good: We got a premiership.
Bad: It'll be the only one.
Fugly: This list should have won more than 1.

Super fugly: Pies to smart for us in the 4th.

At least we've got goody till '26.

Yeah this is what upsets me the most. So now they have to win against Lions (assumption) at the Gabba to get into the GF. Hopefully that hardens them up or they fall over.

Goal accuracy has killed this team this year.

Won’t be surprised at all if we drop our heads next week and really get rolled over.

What a disgraceful performance for the fans in Melbourne. That 2021 premiership feels a long time ago now.
Just read that is the first time ever a team has lost a final with 30+ more inside 50s

We could have played another hour and would’ve struggled to get the two goals required.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm so ******* sick of seeing us with no one front and square, or beyond the contest in the 50, spraying it, not masking the distance ... if we could even just do the basics right

I do not want to see Tmac near this side in a final ever again. But even if he wasn't cooked no prime forward would be marking those garbage entries

“Hi guys, hope you enjoyed my game tonight. I’ve got another year on my contract so I can hopefully entertain you all again in 2024, too. Enjoy the train trip home. Bye.”

104440D7-760F-4A2A-9890-13EBB8D8BB0E.jpeg

Last edited:
Tmac did more than JVR.
Drop them both and have Trac at FF and Fritch and Kozzy leading from the pockets. Our talls can't use their opposable thumbs to grasp the ball let alone run defensively or hit a lead.

Not saying he didn't, but doing a bit more than a kid in their first final isn't a win either
Both were crap. Just trying to get around this boring narrative that Tmac was our only bad forward. First game in 3 months or so JVR is gonna miss for a stupid elbow. Completely went to water under the lights

Remove this Banner Ad

Back