Review Dees v the Western Bulldogs & the Ghost of Scragger – the Good, Bady & Fugly

Remove this Banner Ad

Further to this, was there a random horse racing caller inserted into the commentary box who thought half our team was Sparrow while Sparrow actually did nothing, and did he have a Hitler moustache or was that just an unfortunate shadow under his nose in his profile photo?

Further to this, did I imagine all of the above?

There was absolutely a play when he called Sparrow (it was Rivers iirc) and then there were a couple of possessions before a kick went up the wing to Sparrow (it was Chandler) lol

It's a wait and see for me. Let's wait and see how they go against better opposition. The next month is pretty big.

The one thing about Ben Brown is that he at least leads to the kicker. He's about our only forward who does consistently. I like this about McAdam too, so hopefully he's fit soon. Petty is pretty good also. JVR i feel wants a contest, and who knows wtf Fritta does. He's usually leading into the pocket or looking for an easy ball.

Tmac was very good. Held his opponents goalless. Had 8 intercepts. His kicking was sound. Couldn't ask for much more. Can he keep that up? Not sure, but I'd say he'll keep Tomlinson out of the side with performances like that. Tomo seems more intent just to stop his opponent than to intercept of create plays.
Tmac's kicking was really impressive, I still s**t my pants whenever he goes to kick because he just looks so awkward, but he nailed some solid passes out of D50, really hope he can keep it up (Arrested Development narration 'he didn't').

Won't do a full review as the game has been well covered but my favourite part of the game was when our midfield champs stood up in the second qtr. Oliver took that big hit before setting up ANB, then the next centre bounces he won a 50-50 ball with English that led to Chandler's goal. A minute later Petracca with the smother leading to Brown shaking off Buku Khamis for another goal. Loved it.

Good signs but the Dogs are a great matchup, bigger tests are to come.

Oliver has played quite differently, so far this season.

He is running with the ball and kicking to advantage. With success.

Gone seems to be the flip the ball on in a flippant fashion.

Well done Clarry.

You said you wanted to trade Oliver, did you not? Bont is probably the greatest bulldog of all time, being arguably worse is not saying much.
If he gets back to his poor ways of recent past, then we should trade him. No question.

But to me, his new-found head space, is providing his best footy of his career, IMV.

If he gets back to his poor ways of recent past, then we should trade him. No question.

But to me, his new-found head space, is providing his best footy of his career, IMV.
So you mean if he goes on an epic bender, skips training or arrives late, ditches his training and nutrition program and stuffs around with accessories on other peoples cars, we should trade him?

Interesting ideas there. Quite astute.

So you mean if he goes on an epic bender, skips training or arrives late, ditches his training and nutrition program and stuffs around with accessories on other peoples cars, we should trade him?

Interesting ideas there. Quite astute.
Maybe it's like how you need to supply different levels of Id at VicRoads.

If Oliver has one primary indiscretion, two secondary and a supplemental then we trade him.

Maybe it's like how you need to supply different levels of Id at VicRoads.

If Oliver has one primary indiscretion, two secondary and a supplemental then we trade him.
Nice.

Having had the primary indiscretion, two secondary indiscretions, say a drunk and disorderly on Chapel Street and a public exposure incident of some kind, at that point he must stay away from any supplemental incident like parking in a loading zone or smoking in the lavatory.

This is worthy of AFL guidelines locked in a disused toilet in the basement of a condemned building with a sign on the door saying Beware of the Leopard.

Nice.

Having had the primary indiscretion, two secondary indiscretions, say a drunk and disorderly on Chapel Street and a public exposure incident of some kind, at that point he must stay away from any supplemental incident like parking in a loading zone or smoking in the lavatory.

This is worthy of AFL guidelines locked in a disused toilet in the basement of a condemned building with a sign on the door saying Beware of the Leopard.
As you know, the AFL's drugs policy is being frequently reviewed:
book mystery GIF by Nickelodeon

Best footy of his career. Pump the brakes there Sugar.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Clarry was only bending those windscreen whipers on fancy cars in East Melbourne as show of solidarity with his struggling regional Victorian comrades in Maroopna. Never forget where you come from Claz :rolleyesv1:

Okay on watching the replay I have to point out to the people who didn't attend. When Fritsch went for a barrel at quarter time, fox went to the ad break fast, but the umpires actually score reviewed the very clear out of bounds on the full

So, that made it FOUR reviews for one quarter, and i feel like only one of them was worth having. At least the quarter time one didn't waste time. But that's fairly fugly from the umpires that are no doubt very timid to make calls on scores themselves after what happened to Adelaide last season

Okay on watching the replay I have to point out to the people who didn't attend. When Fritsch went for a barrel at quarter time, fox went to the ad break fast, but the umpires actually score reviewed the very clear out of bounds on the full

So, that made it FOUR reviews for one quarter, and i feel like only one of them was worth having. At least the quarter time one didn't waste time. But that's fairly fugly from the umpires that are no doubt very timid to make calls on scores themselves after what happened to Adelaide last season
The crowd at the ground were pretty surprised by the reviews as well - felt like it got a bit comical at one point.

The best review was when they stopped live play to check if a behind had been scored.
I forgot about that.
I blame the social media generation, everyone are such sooks online they can't just accept a mistake anymore with a pile on. I could give a * if the goal umpires misses a point in the second quarter, it doesn't change the game

I forgot about that.
I blame the social media generation, everyone are such sooks online they can't just accept a mistake anymore with a pile on. I could give a * if the goal umpires misses a point in the second quarter, it doesn't change the game
This is so you.

The way I see it since 95% of the score decisions are correct before the review. Easiest solution would be to actually review everything behind the scenes and allow the reviewer to contact the umps to stop play and bring it back when there's a howler. Give them a time limit so they can't take the piss or anything.

The way I see it since 95% of the score decisions are correct before the review. Easiest solution would be to actually review everything behind the scenes and allow the reviewer to contact the umps to stop play and bring it back when there's a howler. Give them a time limit so they can't take the piss or anything.
I was watching the Kayo replay and Huddo or Jordan or someone pretty much said exactly that.

Current policy is making the goal umpires look silly

Remove this Banner Ad

Back