Review Dees v Lions: the Good, Bad & Fugly

Remove this Banner Ad

Still getting my head around how this happened.
We broke out of our lay back defensive mindset, and took the Ffffing game on.

Rivers breakaway thru three opponents on the back flank to speed the ball forward... inspiring.

Lots of inspiring plays in the last Qtr.

Our players bought in, which shows we still desire it, IF we want to 'work hard', to do it all again.

Just watched the highlights and got me thinking about that second quarter, we really handed them momentum that quarter.
You nailed it MMonkey... Nutshell.

The 2nd Qtr, and we went back up the left side wing, and into the pocket twice within 2 minutes, and the ball rebounded straight out again.

That Qtr we went back into our shells, and invited them back into the game.

Melksham brings more to the table in the front six than Joel Smith ever will. At least has half a footy brain and some smarts around the big sticks.

Back to the footy, did anyone think Smith did ok when subbed on? I thought he was better than Petty.
Lets be real Petty was probs a little underdone going into the game. Looked sore from last week, got worse when had that hit

Fugly: Zorko pushing Bowey to the ground off the ball, what a pissweak thing to do to a young player, he really is a s**t bloke, so glad we up after seeing that.

Fugly: Zorko pushing Bowey to the ground off the ball, what a pissweak thing to do to a young player, he really is a s**t bloke, so glad we up after seeing that.
Eh not really. Bowey is a delightful campaigner. Would have been giving him all sorts of lip.

Also just to prove I'm balanced, watched this on replay, Brown and the forwards do some beautiful work to get him free and Jordan kicks it over his head. Swear to * if Jordan isn't dropped soon I'll hit the back of his knee in a bowling alley

The look back of disgust from Brown is my favourite

View attachment 1738820View attachment 1738822View attachment 1738823View attachment 1738824View attachment 1738825View attachment 1738826
Good to see a bit of #kentvision

Why not play it on the cpu and take screen shots? I know, it's not the kent way.

Good:
Getting the w, game looked Gawn during the 3rd

Petracca

Gawn

Pickett finding some form

Mixing it up through the middle

Melksham

Brayshaw was good after a poxy start, still really unconvinced about him as a mid though

The start of the game was some of the best we’ve played since the GF 2021.

Bad:
May was awful. Salem quite bad as well.

The hole we fell in from the 10 minute mark of the second quarter through to the latter stages of the third, Brisbane were allowed to move the ball through the middle with little pressure.

Spargo, Brown, Jordon

Woewodin looks like a kid with some footy smarts, skills and composure but wtf is his role in the team?

Fugly:
Patches of the third were as bad as it gets, legitimately battled to chain more than two disposals together

The decision to keep a severely banged up Petty out there was mind boggling

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good to see Gawn play so well, Kozz got some touch back. Trac excellent.
Melk great up forward, missed some chances early but stopped the intercepts and took some crucial marks (and kicked well when needed).
McVee another good game. Like the cut of his job. Viney strong again. Riv had some great touches in the last.
ANB very good this week imo. Good linkup player.
Forward line looked much better - at least had space and hitting leads. Some fluffed kicks/missed chances but much more functional than a couple of weeks ago.

Bad: defence was a meh for me - May down on last week. Petty poor - probably needed a rest? Salem also a down week.
Midfield in the 3rd was poor, flaky defending, unable to get a handle on the ball or get us any control. Resorting to quick bombs to packs. Not good, however we fought through it. Worked INCREDIBLY HARD and showed our DNA.

Good to see a bit of #kentvision

Why not play it on the cpu and take screen shots? I know, it's not the kent way.
Best way is on me phone but I was watching it on the TV already and if I put in any more effort I had to go full Lab and get the arrows out

Man can JB commentate all our epic wins. Can only imagine Dwayne or Hamish or that new guy Nicholson ruining that last couple of minutes
McLachlan would probably say some inane crap about how many minutes in front lions had after Melkshams goal.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back