Review Dees v Lions: the Good, Bad & Fugly

Remove this Banner Ad

You just wait til he gets the red circles out in paint.
Vintage Nerd GIF by US National Archives

Billy stretch, forgot he existed

Back to the footy, did anyone think Smith did ok when subbed on? I thought he was better than Petty.

He came on and won three one on ones in row in defence then moved forward and would have had a goal if Brown didn't * up a 5 metre handball.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Petracca of the past fortnight is probably the best player in the comp. His best is better than Butters imo.

Then you add peak Gawn and Oliver and what Viney is producing and our starting midfield eclipses Port Adelaideā€™s.

TopKent is off the mark there.

You have to admire Melksham's contribution since coming to the club - 100+ games, 110+ goals. He's been a decisive player in a few big games - Hawthorn semi final in 2018, Carlton game at the end of last year and last night from the top of my mind. Generally a reliable set shot and great mark for his size. Not the most talented player on the list but has gotten everything out of himself - probably deserved a flag in 2021.

For him to spend most of the season in the VFL and deliver a winning performance like at the end of last night is one of the highlights of the season for me so far.

Nah I hate this way of looking at it. Just by looking at the goals - Brisbane dominated from 7mins, 2nd quarter to 19 mins, 3rd quarter. That's about a a quarter and a half.

The rest was either even (goal for goal), or we were welllllll in front
Yeah was a few beers in when making that comment but that middle period of the game was looking grim. Brisbane were cutting us up with ball movement and looked completely in control. Then when we did level it out and went goal for goal it still felt Brisbane were in control and just had all the answers.

Footy is funny these days if you don't shut the door in the last quarter, it's almost easier to win when you're behind because leading team tends to go into preservation mode.

Also, that last bit of play from Trent Rivers šŸ¤¤ Immense

I hope that Goodwin is foxing us all with Pickett, looked so good at the first centre bounce and then barely remember him in the centre again. Hopefully he saw enough and is saving it for finals.

You have to admire Melksham's contribution since coming to the club - 100+ games, 110+ goals. He's been a decisive player in a few big games - Hawthorn semi final in 2018, Carlton game at the end of last year and last night from the top of my mind. Generally a reliable set shot and great mark for his size. Not the most talented player on the list but has gotten everything out of himself - probably deserved a flag in 2021.

For him to spend most of the season in the VFL and deliver a winning performance like at the end of last night is one of the highlights of the season for me so far.
Goody gets bagged every time he brings Melksham in and Melksham keeps contributing but struggles to maintain a run of form. Hopefully can keep impacting up front for the rest of the year but weā€™re not going far if are relying on match winning performances from him each week. Heā€™s like Hunter, he has fantastic footy smarts.

Goody gets bagged every time he brings Melksham in and Melksham keeps contributing but struggles to maintain a run of form. Hopefully can keep impacting up front for the rest of the year but weā€™re not going far if are relying on match winning performances from him each week. Heā€™s like Hunter, he has fantastic footy smarts.
Expect he makes way as soon as Fritsch is ready.

The Good: Winning a close one and making up for some close losses. Also, Chris Judd McVee
The Bad: The defensive breakdown across the park in the 2nd and 3rd quarter.
The Ugly: The stoppage setup with 12 seconds remaining.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back