Review Dees v Maggies: the Good, Bad & Fugly

Remove this Banner Ad

Someone on here said it was our worst performance since the 2018 prelim against WC, I mean, it's definitely not, but * it felt that way, that first quarter was a car crash.
It wasn't our worst performance because the team bloody tried but it was probably the most disappointing. Was a complete an utter let down from the first moment to the last

It wasn't our worst performance because the team bloody tried but it was probably the most disappointing. Was a complete an utter let down from the first moment to the last

Genuinely haven't been this pissed after a game in my life I reckon. I'm normally a pretty reasonable person but I've actually refused to talk about the game with family, mates or anyone at work. Just so disgusted how we pissed it away with issues that are now old enough they'd be starting primary school.

Someone on here said it was our worst performance since the 2018 prelim against WC, I mean, it's definitely not, but * it felt that way, that first quarter was a car crash.
All of 2019? Cairns 2020? A dose of perspective definitely needed.

Now that the emotions have died down, this is pretty funny

My favourite part about this is that it was the second time the man on the mark didn't stand for a Fritsch set shot, and they got away with it both times.

My favourite part about this is that it was the second time the man on the mark didn't stand for a Fritsch set shot, and they got away with it both times.
You're allowed to if the player comes off their line. The ump calls play on at the same time. Same as the protected area, something Trac has been exploiting a lot this year.

You're allowed to if the player comes off their line. The ump calls play on at the same time. Same as the protected area, something Trac has been exploiting a lot this year.
Man on the mark moves off his line before the ump calls play on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Uggghhhhhhhh

Chore of a game.
Never felt we were a chance, even with the momentum in the last. The Operation Linebacker game plan shots me no end. I can understand wanting to be positive and yeah the stats were positive, some straighter kicking and we maybe pinch it.

But we've had games like that for years. Dominating territory and contests and inside 50s but pissing it against the wall.

ANB impressed, Gawn was good. Bowey, Hibbo, McVee decent after a nervy start. May solid. Midfield super frustrating. Forwards weren't much chop either and should've made more of some of the chances, but relying on regularly dobbing shots from 50 with our kickers is a recipe for disappointment.

Petracca is the obvious target.
I mean, we do this all the time. Our mids just refuse to lower the eyes. Literally none of them are capable of doing it besides the odd occasion. Even then, like the Sparrow missed kick that didn't hit Petty(yes i still blame Sparrow for the position we are in), we are incapable of hitting an easy 15m pass anyway. Even less likely with finals pressure. So we resort to bomb it long again. Id trade all we have for a Gulden right now.

This kid is close to the best player in the comp already. If he played for a big VIC team, he'd be as highly regarded as Daicos. Funny that he was the one other teams could have bid on, whereas Braeden Campbell isn't doing anything significant.

Schache and Jefferson are pretty good overhead.
Some forwards that can mark long bombs is worth considering. We are not going to retrain our mids in one week.

Fair dinkum, just heard Brenton Sanderson on SEN saying that if Goodwin coached from the box instead of the interchange that he'd see we're bombing it in the F50 too much and change strategies.
What the * are these "experts" talking about half the time? As if we havent been doing it for the past 18 months

Fair dinkum, just heard Brenton Sanderson on SEN saying that if Goodwin coached from the box instead of the interchange that he'd see we're bombing it in the F50 too much and change strategies.
What the * are these "experts" talking about half the time? As if we havent been doing it for the past 18 months

I think he had a decent point regarding coaching from the box rather than the bench. It makes sense that you would see the shape and trends in the game quicker with a wide scope view of the ground. Goodwin was slow to react on Thursday night, not just in terms of ball movement going forward but failure to move magnets around in attack.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back