Review Dees v Swans - the Good, bad and Fugly

Remove this Banner Ad

Goody taking "celebrating what we do well" too far. 2.8 for a half of football is exactly what we do well, definitely not cause for a celebration however.

Not sure if anyone has seen the Tom Sparrow article on the website or listened to his interview on SEN from the other day but he's also run with the same thing as Viney that we were happy with our first half and 'fell away' in the second half.

That we were happy with how much time was spent in our forward half earlier in the game.

The other curious thing is that Sparrow was saying he's hoping to play more midfield time this year and that Oliver coming back into the side altered his role a bit. Didn't sound particularly thrilled about that tbh.

So what exactly, if anything have we learned from the past two years?
I listened to the interview as well and i too dont think he was too impressed as well. He clearly wants to play more midfield role.

Though, to be honest, Sparrow had a 10 week opportunity last year to step up when Oliver was out and he did bugger all.

Would much rather invest time into Taj Woewodin and see if he's got what it takes at senior level.

Regarding the Oliver midfield situation, I agree with you, we looked good without him against Carlton in the pre season game then reverted to the bees to the honey pot and the hack kick forward which Oliver was guilty of.

Still doesn't sit right with me that he can just slot straight back in past guys like Sparrow and Woewodin who have worked their ass off all summer and not get the reward they deserve.

Our coaching staff have clearly not learnt a thing.

I listened to the interview as well and i too dont think he was too impressed as well. He clearly wants to play more midfield role.

Though, to be honest, Sparrow had a 10 week opportunity last year to step up when Oliver was out and he did bugger all.

Would much rather invest time into Taj Woewodin and see if he's got what it takes at senior level.

Regarding the Oliver midfield situation, I agree with you, we looked good without him against Carlton in the pre season game then reverted to the bees to the honey pot and the hack kick forward which Oliver was guilty of.

Still doesn't sit right with me that he can just slot straight back in past guys like Sparrow and Woewodin who have worked their ass off all summer and not get the reward they deserve.

Our coaching staff have clearly not learnt a thing.
Jordan Lewis was talking about the Oliver inclusion last night and he said it would definitely have been decided by both the coaches and the senior leadership. But then you've got to think the younger guys wouldn't have gotten a say and they would have only been able to watch Oliver walk past them to get back in. Not great.

Jordan Lewis was talking about the Oliver inclusion last night and he said it would definitely have been decided by both the coaches and the senior leadership. But then you've got to think the younger guys wouldn't have gotten a say and they would have only been able to watch Oliver walk past them to get back in. Not great.
Stark difference to Luke Beveridge who's gone the opposite and not rewarded big names in Jack McRea and Caleb Daniel due to just not being in form by the looks of it.

I like this approach because he's not rewarding blokes purely because of name but simply because he's felt that they haven't been in form over the pre season.

Stark difference to Luke Beveridge who's gone the opposite and not rewarded big names in Jack McRea and Caleb Daniel due to just not being in form by the looks of it.

I like this approach because he's not rewarding blokes purely because of name but simply because he's felt that they haven't been in form over the pre season.
Im still shocked we picked Oliver. After all the bullshit about standards at the club Oliver did the absolute bare minimum and got a game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back