Review Dees v the Western Bulldogs & the Ghost of Scragger – the Good, Bady & Fugly

Remove this Banner Ad

Better than roasting the best player in the comp and wanting him traded I guess.
Well for starters, I never did that.

Though I've nearly always went into bat for Clarry, he isn't the best player in the comp. One of the best at full flight? Sure, and he's usually very consistent. No way he's better than someone like Bontempelli though.

Well for starters, I never did that.

Though I've nearly always went into bat for Clarry, he isn't the best player in the comp. One of the best at full flight? Sure, and he's usually very consistent. No way he's better than someone like Bontempelli though.
You said you wanted to trade Oliver, did you not? Bont is probably the greatest bulldog of all time, being arguably worse is not saying much.

Enjoyable press conference from Simon Goodwin. Very happy to see him smiling again. Made jokes about forward connection etc.

Confirmed we have an award called "demon spirit" which is exciting and very pleasing to know.

Good:

• Forward connection much better. The forwards seemed to be able to find more space compared to last week, and we were actually able to hit targets in there, which was nice. Part of it is obviously that the Dogs aren't a patch on Sydney defensively and gave us a lot more time and space through both through the midfield and inside the 50, but you can only beat the team you play.
  • It also makes a big difference when the small forwards are able to crumb the inevitable dump kicks. 7 goals from ANB, Pickett and Chandler today, when they got 0 last week (with Spargo in place of Pickett).
  • Our four most important players - Gawn, Petracca, May, and Oliver - were all amazing. If all four of them have a good match at the same time like they did today, we're not going to lose many.
  • Brown isn't the solution long-term, but he knows how to get into the right places and has some actual forward craft. He can still play a useful role in this team if he performs like he did today. Has to keep his spot over Schache and Fullerton, but will be interesting to see what happens if Petty comes back next week.
  • Backline held up well against the Dogs' talls. Looked for a while like JUH was going to rip us apart, but credit to McDonald and Hore alongside May for the job they did. Both looked composed with the ball and competed well in the air.
  • I thought Langdon had one of his best games for a while. Jack's Billing was great, especially in the second half, and I think he has more to offer to the team than Spargo at the moment. Starting him as the sub last week still annoys me.

Bad:

• Sparrow is just treading water in this team at the moment. I know the coaching staff love him for what he does off the ball, but you can't be getting 11-14 touches every week as a midfielder and expect to hold your place.
  • I really hope Fritsch hasn't caught the yips in front of goal. Just doesn't seem to have the confidence in his kicking that he used to.

Ugly:

No ugly this week. Let's enjoy ourselves for once. :rainbow::rainbow::rainbow:

Nope, I just said people shouldn't be ridiculed for entertaining the idea
Ask him for thoughts on Sparrow's game please, don't think I can coz he has me on ignore.

christian bale GIF by Maudit

Don’t actually think we were much better than v Sydney, the Dogs just look like a mess.

However we kicked a decent score and had even contributions which was positive, still need to see more to be convinced we’re any chance or challenging this season.

Good: Tmac and Brown servicable, May immense, Oliver brilliant, Chandler had a much needed game, Hore and Windsor.

Bad: Sparrow, Salem, Fritsch.

Ugly: nothing today :)

Hope we pump Hawthorn next week, still owe them a few.

Great:
- Red Sherrin, Full strength Carlton Draught.

Good:
  • Billings
  • May
  • Gawn
-Tmac & Bbrown proved me wrong.

Bad:
- Geez we * up alot of easy 3-4m handballs under minimal pressure.

To go all Damo, IF this group stays fit and IF we get the Petty from last year back THEN MAYBEEEEE, we have one more shot to go deep.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good:

May, Hore, Tmac worked well together. Lever still doing his headless chook routine where he gives away dumb frees and makes weird decisions. Guy just needs to relax a little bit hes always going a million miles an hour. Defence as a whole was good, although WBD smalls are dogshit and don't really pose much threat. Howes looks a smooth operator.

Gawny destroying English. Joey Montagna during the week called it, point to prove for Max after that Sydney game. Kick the goal next time though max. Midfield battle was pretty even throughout. Billings and Windsor adding a lot to the team on the outside already.

I liked that we kicked a score with our best forward (Fritsch) off the boil. Need to get him up the ground and involved in play I think. Kozz, Chandler and Nibs kicking 7 between them was very handy. As was another 5 from BBB+JVR. Dogs backline is complete shite though so don't expect to play on Buku Khamis every week.

Overall was just a very pleasing team game. Most put it in and had their moments and we actively moved the ball with more kick/mark. Even the kick outs had a bit of variation. Players were gassed at half time. Goody mentioned in the presser that first 4 weeks of the season is usually super quick and up and back and we prepared for that kind of game. Good to see us actually seemingly preparing for the conditions for once.

Bad:
Everything Sparrow touched he ****ed up, just one of those games.
Harmes was terrible. Kind of felt sorry for him at times but was cool seeing us get stuck into him, some bad blood out there?

Great:
- Red Sherrin, Full strength Carlton Draught.

Good:
  • Billings
  • May
  • Gawn
-Tmac & Bbrown proved me wrong.

Bad:
- Geez we * up alot of easy 3-4m handballs under minimal pressure.

To go all Damo, IF this group stays fit and IF we get the Petty from last year back THEN MAYBEEEEE, we have one more shot to go deep.
Upgrade the membership!

it'll stay at a digital for now. Wouldnt give Topkent 's mate Amnesha the satisfaction.
Bugging the membership department week to week for downgrades and upgrades depending on game style that particular week sounds a lot of fun though.

Upgrade the membership!
I have! Well I haven’t but if we are still winning every game by round 16, I might do something a little bit naughty and treat myself!

Bugging the membership department week to week for downgrades and upgrades depending on game style that particular week sounds a lot of fun though.
You’re a genius!

New email incoming…

Dear Kate

We won and you haven’t yelled at me yet. Can I please have two seats in the red legs area? Undercover but not to far back would suit.

In closing, I wish you the very best in your presidency

Dear Kate

We won and you haven’t yelled at me yet. Can I please have two seats in the red legs area? Undercover but not to far back would suit.

In closing, I wish you the very best in your presidency
*too ... I expect this from TK but not you

Remove this Banner Ad

Back