Review Dees v Lions: the Good, Bad & Fugly

Remove this Banner Ad

McLachlan would probably say some inane crap about how many minutes in front lions had after Melkshams goal.
Or some stupid pun about Melks name. Or ' he's a former boxer, just delivered the knockout punch'

Shut up Hamish or Dwayne

The one moment from this game that really stood out for me was the goal by Viney at the end. He just wanted to win no matter what and nothing was stopping him. I'm just loving the year he is having right now, he playing hard and tough but also seems to be smarter with his ball use too. Leading through his actions.

The one moment from this game that really stood out for me was the goal by Viney at the end. He just wanted to win no matter what and nothing was stopping him. I'm just loving the year he is having right now, he playing hard and tough but also seems to be smarter with his ball use too. Leading through his actions.
Can't remember what game, may have been against gws he just ripped the ball off a player and broke away, he's such a competitor.

I'm going to say something slightly negative. Yes Melksham's was amazing but seeing on social media clips of it with titanic music is a bit cringe worthy.

Woey kicking his first goal with a run and drop punt like his old man got my eyes all glassy
Just watched the replay for the umpteenth time and noticed that he won the initial free kick in the centre as part of that play. Advantage was called and he makes a bee line to the space on the Southern Stand forward flank. As we chained it up out of there he was miles in the clear. The kid has smarts and skills, I reckon there’s a player there if we can find a suitable role for him.

I'm going to say something slightly negative. Yes Melksham's was amazing but seeing on social media clips of it with titanic music is a bit cringe worthy.
Thought people stopped doing that years ago.

CBA %
Gawn 91
Brayshaw 80
Viney 74
Jordon 57
Petracca 43
Sparrow 31
Pickett 14
JVR 9

Shows that we’re sharing the load more. Wouldn’t mind seeing Hunter or Langdon getting the odd one here or there. Gawn was sensational on Friday night but not sure if 91% is sustainable and I’m not a fan of JVR being second ruck, particularly in the CBS at this stage of his career.

CBA %
Gawn 91
Brayshaw 80
Viney 74
Jordon 57
Petracca 43
Sparrow 31
Pickett 14
JVR 9

Shows that we’re sharing the load more. Wouldn’t mind seeing Hunter or Langdon getting the odd one here or there. Gawn was sensational on Friday night but not sure if 91% is sustainable and I’m not a fan of JVR being second ruck, particularly in the CBS at this stage of his career.

Interesting that James 'Best our centre clearance setup has looked' Jordon went from 71% last week (the most of any Demon) to 57% this week. The difference there is 14%, the exact number Pickett had.

We lost the centre clearances last week 9-11 against an inferior midfield to what Brisbane had, but turned it around to 17-12 on Friday.

Ah well, at least the score involvement king still managed 3 of those.

Some “post-nut clarity” to share:

Hope Simon didn’t get as excited as I did with that win. Brilliant as it was, we were a funny bounce from losing it.

All good to say: “anything’s possible” but we can’t rely on our opposition doing a fat choke like the bears did.

Some big learnings from that one.
Still angry at Petty hobbling around on one leg for a bit there.

Interesting that James 'Best our centre clearance setup has looked' Jordon went from 71% last week (the most of any Demon) to 57% this week. The difference there is 14%, the exact number Pickett had.

We lost the centre clearances last week 9-11 against an inferior midfield to what Brisbane had, but turned it around to 17-12 on Friday.

Ah well, at least the score involvement king still managed 3 of those.
It’s obvious that he’s gone at the end of the year. In fact, I’d be pretty angry if he was re-signed. I don’t have a murder boner for the bloke but he just gives us nothing and is a crapper version of what we already have in spades. He’d be an ideal pick up for West Coast, North or Hawthorn who are in rebuild mode. Even the Crom who are a tad thin in the middle wouldn’t be a bad fit. If you squint hard enough, he could almost be a really good squaddie for Geelong who have an ageing Danger and Cuthrie still on the books.

But we already have Oliver, Petracca, Viney and Sparrow who do what he does better and have more tricks. Having him on the list also discourages the coaches from experimenting with the likes of Rivers, Langdon, Pickett, Hunter and Salem who could all give us a different look in there. I reckon Woewodin can develop into a better player than Jordon if he gets the chance too.

It’s obvious that he’s gone at the end of the year. In fact, I’d be pretty angry if he was re-signed. I don’t have a murder boner for the bloke but he just gives us nothing and is a crapper version of what we already have in spades. He’d be an ideal pick up for West Coast, North or Hawthorn who are in rebuild mode. Even the Crom who are a tad thin in the middle wouldn’t be a bad fit. If you squint hard enough, he could almost be a really good squaddie for Geelong who have an ageing Danger and Cuthrie still on the books.

But we already have Oliver, Petracca, Viney and Sparrow who do what he does better and have more tricks. Having him on the list also discourages the coaches from experimenting with the likes of Rivers, Langdon, Pickett, Hunter and Salem who could all give us a different look in there. I reckon Woewodin can develop into a better player than Jordon if he gets the chance too.

I don't dislike him at all - he always gives 100%, is a good user when he has the time and space, but I just think if we've got Gus, Spargo, Brown, 2 rucks, and no super quick mids then the balance of speed means something needs to change. I'm not the same as you contract wise, it looks like he might be gone, but I won't be devastated if we keep him as long as it's for depth and he's not around the 23 unless we have injuries.

The upside with Woey is huge. Has always had the athletic attributes and attitude, but his kicking has come a LONG way in the last 2 years so you could see him genuinely improving whereas Jordon ain't getting any quicker.

Can also potentially see a world where Hunter goes into the middle more given his age and Woey and Howes become options on the wing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

not opposed to keeping Jordan around as depth, but think there's plenty of teams around he'd be getting a regular game for so in his best interests to leave you'd think.

Just watched the replay for the umpteenth time and noticed that he won the initial free kick in the centre as part of that play. Advantage was called and he makes a bee line to the space on the Southern Stand forward flank. As we chained it up out of there he was miles in the clear. The kid has smarts and skills, I reckon there’s a player there if we can find a suitable role for him.
Agree, he didn't get a heap of ball but had good touches that were generally to our advantage; a couple of good handballs to put a runner into space. Seems composed when he gets the ball, just needs to find it more often

Some very good gifs out of this game.

The Trac gif sums up how boring Australia is. He gave a thumbs up and an L sign to an oppo crowd and that's a story? I love Australia but sometimes I don't regret moving away what a soft af country it's become

The Trac gif sums up how boring Australia is. He gave a thumbs up and an L sign to an oppo crowd and that's a story? I love Australia but sometimes I don't regret moving away what a soft af country it's become
More to do with the media pushing bs to justify their existence. Bit like a bloody song being sung after the Grand Final being pumped up as the basis for a rivalry. Nobody else gives a s**t.

More to do with the media pushing bs to justify their existence. Bit like a bloody song being sung after the Grand Final being pumped up as the basis for a rivalry. Nobody else gives a s**t.
Media represents the people. They write stories people read. That's the bar for controversy now at home because it's soft af. campaigners cry over spilt milk now. Be the only contact sport in the world where guys have to ******* apologize after contact now. It's ******* lame

We badly badly need another key defender. When teams drag May up the field and we let them do it we look razor thin down back. Essendon did it and Brisbane did it with daniher. Either petty needs to stand the * up or we need to be better in the coaches box keeping May deep.

Media represents the people. They write stories people read. That's the bar for controversy now at home because it's soft af. campaigners cry over spilt milk now. Be the only contact sport in the world where guys have to ******* apologize after contact now. It's ******* lame
The media absolutely does not represent the people lol I literally haven't come across a single footy fan that has even talked about the Petracca thumbs up.

I think you've been sucked in by the media by thinking anyone else cares

We badly badly need another key defender. When teams drag May up the field and we let them do it we look razor thin down back. Essendon did it and Brisbane did it with daniher. Either petty needs to stand the * up or we need to be better in the coaches box keeping May deep.
Ollie Murphy might be around for our second pick but he's listed as 200cm and 85kgs which means he won't be up to it for a few years. Barrass would be handy but would probably cost us too much.

The media absolutely does not represent the people lol I literally haven't come across a single footy fan that has even talked about the Petracca thumbs up.

I think you've been sucked in by the media by thinking anyone else cares
Read bigfooty. It's a forum full of people having a whinge about s**t people didn't care about 15 years ago. That's Australia now.

Trac actually clarified it on his socials right? Someone cares.

CBA %
Gawn 91
Brayshaw 80
Viney 74
Jordon 57
Petracca 43
Sparrow 31
Pickett 14
JVR 9

Pretty toey for Rivers in the middle.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back