Player Watch #36: Kozzy Pickett – Signed until 2027! 🎉

Remove this Banner Ad

His grand final was the type of game that coaches try to drill into all players

Even if you are having a sh*t night and can't get near it, you can still have an impact by pressuring the opposition and giving your team mates support. There were 3 goals last night where his pressure/protection played a major part in. He won't get a stat for them but the coaches would have loved it none the less

100% mate.

Tmac doing nothing while the game was hot was much more egregious for a senior player imo. Did a lot of work this year to get us to this point so will always be a premiership hero but a really disappointing finals series for him.

Yet he is still doing enough to keep Weid out of the side. Let that sink in!

GFs can be graveyards for small forwards, even very good ones.
Yet he is still doing enough to keep Weid out of the side. Let that sink in!
I reckon if the VFL season wasn't canned a few weeks before finals Mr September may have returned when TMc did his back.

Just echoing what others have said but I loved that Kozzy did not drop his head & continued to apply pressure and do the 1%ers even though he wasn't able to get his hands on the ball. Of course I wanted him to light it up but he managed to contribute.

GFs can be graveyards for small forwards, even very good ones.

I reckon if the VFL season wasn't canned a few weeks before finals Mr September may have returned when TMc did his back.
I get the sense that it’ll take a big effort for TMac to get his form back to what it was earlier in the year, annoyingly for him ie repeat everything he did last preseason and come back R1 in perfect shape. Of course he’ll have the knowledge that he’s done it before to help, but it would have been disappointing for him on a personal level to have such good form disrupted by injury and to lose that individual momentum going into preseason

The consolation of course is that it didn’t matter in terms of success and the ideal outcome happened anyway. I don’t know hat my point is here, but just that I’m actually v prepared for him to be quite poor to start next year unless he has a blinder of a preseason.

shut the f*ck up with this bullsh!t gambling talk. This is a football forum.

Geezus it's like a frickin' cancer in every thread.

I've put a $200 mutli on that there will be even more betting posts in this thread and that people will lose their s**t :D
Seriously though, I agree with you, I've seen gambling ruin people's lives but most people have no problems with a bet here and there.
Those betting ads on TV have to go though and especially enticing people to bet together as some sort of peer pressure betting group is disgusting.
Oh yeah, Kozzie is great too.

You're welcome to keep shovelling money into the pockets of foreign-owned gambling companies because you don't understand rudimentary mathematics, we just don't want to hear about here, where it's irrelevant.

I love Kozzie.

Get off ya high horse campaigner.
Are you giving everyone who drank beers s**t? Did you eat a burger? Smoke a cigarette? Do literally anything with your free will?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Get off ya high horse campaigner.
Are you giving everyone who drank beers sh*t? Did you eat a burger? Smoke a cigarette? Do literally anything with your free will?
If he does he doesn’t comment about it here, there is a punting thread for you blokes.

How the fu** did he only kick 7 goals last year? I know he was inaccurate but that doesn’t seem right, his scoreboard impact in 2020 seemed so much greater.
I had to double check that because it sounded wrong :oops:
100% right though, shows what some better delivery and another years experience has done for him and kicking straight.

Just uploaded a vid of all Kozzie's goals for season 2021, some rippers in there.

Some constructive feedback - and easy to come from somebody who hasn't spent time making something for others' enjoyment, so I thank you, but.. 20 mins is too long. Short and sharp, one after the other, will get a lot more views and shares IMO

You have to go back to Jeff Farmer to find a comparable small forward at the same age as Kozzy. Farmer is the only guy I can find in the modern era who had a better goals per game average than Kozzy this year at the same age. His ceiling is higher than Cyril IMO

I had to double check that because it sounded wrong :oops:
100% right though, shows what some better delivery and another years experience has done for him and kicking straight.
If you’d asked me to guess I’d definitely have thought he’d averaged at least a goal a game in 2020. Staggering that he went goalless nine times.

Some constructive feedback - and easy to come from somebody who hasn't spent time making something for others' enjoyment, so I thank you, but.. 20 mins is too long. Short and sharp, one after the other, will get a lot more views and shares IMO
Agreed but I didn't want to cut too much more out, Fritta's video is even longer and probably unwatchable if you're not a Dees supporter but I'm just doing it for enjoyment at this stage.
Will work on shorter player highlights after I finish our top goalscorers.
Thanks for the feedback though, appreciate it :thumbsu:

Agreed but I didn't want to cut too much more out, Fritta's video is even longer and probably unwatchable if you're not a Dees supporter but I'm just doing it for enjoyment at this stage.
Will work on shorter player highlights after I finish our top goalscorers.
Thanks for the feedback though, appreciate it :thumbsu:

Thanks for making the vids mate

Remove this Banner Ad

Back