Player Watch #36: Kozzy Pickett – Signed until 2027! 🎉

Remove this Banner Ad

Just watched the replay, this guy is getting more involved by the week.

Fantastic goal, but think his field kicking deserves a bit more attention.

That kick that (I think) weideman dropped after pressuring on the wing was pulled at the last second was great. Then hitting Petracca on his left in the same spot. There was another 1 in the last.

Anyone know where to find kick retention stats? I feel like we will be pretty safe with ball in his hand going inside 50.

I feel like he’ll spend his career being described as a small forward but he’s so quick and lively that I feel like he pops up everywhere from the wing to half back. Will eventually start cameoing at centre bounces and adding a bit more class there to go with the wrecking balls.

Love Koz, and fair to say he probably needed a rest to freshen up as well - his last match was flat and appears that he had a couple of niggles that settled down a bit.

Kicked a couple of laser passes inside 50 after intercepting the ball, just supremely skillful and just has that instinct that a lot of players struggle with.

He is very exciting.

Only slight negative, sometimes he just half a step ahead of the game and he drops the ball before he has it. Uneducated would say it is soft, but the keen watchers know he is already thinking what to do next before he has the ball.

Don't know bout anyone else, but I find how many soft/stupid frees he gives away really irritating.

Needs to keep it simple, almost like he's trying too hard to make something happen sometimes.

Other than that, no real issues.

* it, bold call #351 by grimesy

In 2025, Kozi Pickett will be one of, if not the most marketable players in the AFL.

I'm talking current level Charlie Cameron, 2016 Betts and 2012 Cyril or higher.

fu** it, bold call #351 by grimesy

In 2025, Kozi Pickett will be one of, if not the most marketable players in the AFL.

I'm talking current level Charlie Cameron, 2016 Betts and 2012 Cyril or higher.

As if it wouldn't be Rowell.

He is so damn wholesome and will probably end up with a segment on Better Homes & Gardens before the Friday night match!

As if it wouldn't be Rowell.

He is so damn wholesome and will probably end up with a segment on Better Homes & Gardens before the Friday night match!
"Hi folks, I'm AFL star Matt Rowell, tonight on Better Homes and Gardens, I'll show you how my gardener trims my hedges so the common folk can't see in to a post game orgy"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Absolute Jet ! Great news for the club and the young fella, wonder if Jackson had an offer as well ? WCE stiffing around potential replacement for nicnat I’d imagine

Burgo named him as one of the more impressive runners he's worked with in terms of the combination of his endurance/sprint running.

I think his scope through the midfield has me really excited, even if he is a few more pre seasons away from really being able to consistently compete through there.

Arguably the 2nd most exciting player on our list behind Trac

Just wondering if all the posters saying he is no good can identify themselves here now please.

Just wondering if all the posters saying he is no good can identify themselves here now please.
I don't think there were many/if any Melbourne supporters ever doubting his selection

Remove this Banner Ad

Back