Delisted #36: Michael Hartley - Joins Hawthorne via the preseason draft - 29/11

Remove this Banner Ad

Didn't he get beat in the first qtr just outside the goal square by wright?
He certainly played well but I'm pretty sure he'll get beat from time to time one out on big fwds. My memory is hazy but I think he's struggled most with the real big blokes.
It's prob our weakness the 200cm 100kg fwds will kick the goals unless we zone when we play a target tall fwd.

True but it was one of those floaters that just fell for Wright.

Didn't he get beat in the first qtr just outside the goal square by wright?
He certainly played well but I'm pretty sure he'll get beat from time to time one out on big fwds. My memory is hazy but I think he's struggled most with the real big blokes.
It's prob our weakness the 200cm 100kg fwds will kick the goals unless we zone when we play a target tall fwd.
It was a ball with them both running back towards goal which is near impossible for a defender to stop.

Anyone that follows him on instagram, check out his story tonight. His mrs could hold her breath for a while

Hartley was injured, Brown wasn't.

Hartley is well respected within the club and will play ahead of Brown 100%. In saying that, both will get a game round one.
19 games vs 21

Why didn't he play JLT 3?
He was already in for round 1, and they wanted to see who was starting out of Ambrose and Brown.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brown had a good year for sure but Hartley should be picked before him for a KPB

So I assume you would pick Brown above Hartley for the team then? (Assuming Hooker is playing forward)

Maybe the club's BnF count was heavily weighted towards chest marks.
Look. I'd have both playing but maybe the coaches do rate Brown ahead on given evidence.

I thought he zoned off pretty well from what i seen in the vfl praccy. I think that was one of the knocks on him last season so good to see, albeit against a pretty weak opposition.

I like him back with brown used as a swingman, brown did well in that role against GC last year and doesn't seem to be negatively affected by being moved around like some.

I think you have a thing for Mitch Brown Ethan.
I rate Hartley higher, in fact he's "my boy". But that's just a fact. As I said earlier, maybe the coaches rate Mitch ahead of him.

I rate Hartley higher, in fact he's "my boy". But that's just a fact. As I said earlier, maybe the coaches rate Mitch ahead of him.
Well its not based on who has the hotter girlfriend. Maybe Hartleys gf gave the coaches an earfull so for their own safety they prefer Brown.

i like brown. Would rather hartley down there. Makes the opposition players think a little bit more before going into the pack for that mark. Gives 100% all the time.

I won't be happy if this guy isn't named for round 1. Clearly our second best key defender (presuming Hooker plays forward). Love the big fist coming in and spoiling opposition marks. The only player we have down back with the size to play on those ruck sized opponents.

Plus I still maintain his kicking is a fairly untapped resource. He's a bloody good kick both long and penetrating - just doesn't yet find a way to get it often enough. Will be easier this year for him though with Hurley back there attracting attention.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back