Delisted #36: Michael Hartley - Joins Hawthorne via the preseason draft - 29/11

Remove this Banner Ad

Suppose Saints will drop Carlisle then as he's conceded 9 goals in last two games. Sinclair kicked 5.3 last night. Amazing how hard it is for a defender to stop when there's no pressure further up the ground.
I doubt the coaches even look at the score conceded. Coaches these days would be far more concerned with the player's positioning, effort and how well they play the role they have been given.

Brown took contested marks on Hurley as well.
Hartley has been pretty good and often gets the best forward to free Hurley.
He is a whipping boy for some.

GTFO this club.
Would you please? Absolutely pantsed Cloke today whose only goal was a result of a push in the back. One of the few defenders who won his day

I was emotional but I stand by it. He's trash.

Would you please? Absolutely pantsed Cloke today whose only goal was a result of a push in the back. One of the few defenders who won his day

Absolutely pantsed lol. He still kicked a goal, took 5 marks and had 11 disposals. Should have had two goals. It wasn't just his one on one defending, its his lack of influence in pack situations.. he just isnt killing balls.

He was delisted from Collingwood for a reason. He only looks good in the games we dominate. Ambrose > Hartley.

I was emotional but I stand by it. He's trash.

Absolutely pantsed lol. He still kicked a goal, took 5 marks and had 11 disposals. Should have had two goals. It wasn't just his one on one defending, its his lack of influence in pack situations.. he just isnt killing balls.

He was delisted from Collingwood for a reason. He only looks good in the games we dominate. Ambrose > Hartley.
He was definitely in our top 5 or 6 today.

Far from trash. Building nicely for a guy in his 2nd year. You can't beat teams best key position talls with Marty Gleeson playing as the foil. Needs someone a little more capable than that getting in front of leading Ben Browns and Buddy Franklins. Hopefully people are beginning to notice the massive deficiencies we have in our backline.

Need a contested mark sitting in front of these guys. Play Gleeson loose he's just been smashed by Bob Murphy in the air. Not really bobby's strong suit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Building nicely for a guy in his 2nd year. You can't beat teams best key position talls with Marty Gleeson playing as the foil. Needs someone a little more capable than that getting in front of leading Ben Browns and Buddy Franklins. Hopefully people are beginning to notice the massive deficiencies we have in our backline.

Need a contested mark sitting in front of these guys. Play Gleeson loose he's just been smashed by Bob Murphy in the air. Not really bobby's strong suit.

Gleeson has compiled a far better season than Hartley this year.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bit of a baptism by fire this year though don't you think? For mine he's been holding his own pretty well considering.

Gleeson has been really overrated imo. He's good when he doesn't have to be accountable for anyone. Gets murdered 1v1 and in most aerial contests. Not that fast. Not the best user. What's the hype

Yep. Hartley's still compiled a very good second half of the season where he's taken the scalps of multiple probable 40+ goal forwards this year.

He was ok, but got away with a few holds at various stages. I don't remember him holding opponents anywhere near as much last year, but he's definitely octopussing it in 2017.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back