Player Watch #36: Tyler Sellers

Remove this Banner Ad

CCJ attended only 7 ruck contests on Saturday, if his work around the ground doesn't improve, then that's not enough value to keep him in the side.

As long as Sellers can compete, he'll be fine to ruck 5-10 times a game, but I do agree that I think it's more likely that we see Greenwood first.

Have Greenwood as sub. He can attend a few contests later on in the game when he comes on.

Sellers can chop out X for a few minutes per quarter.
Have Sellers as sub and have Greenwood help out X. l would rather have experience in the side and when the pace of the game dies down then bring on the taller Sellers...Greenwood can then play back if needed and Sellers can play CHF...

Why are we talking about him rucking? Didn't he just kick 6 goals in the intraclub match?
I think the conversation is less about wanting him to ruck, and more about saying that CCJ doesn't need to be in the team if he's only providing 6 chop outs a game and theres other talls who provide more in between ruck attendances.

Heck, Zurhaar rucked a centre square bounce on the weekend.

I think the conversation is less about wanting him to ruck, and more about saying that CCJ doesn't need to be in the team if he's only providing 6 chop outs a game and theres other talls who provide more in between ruck attendances.

Heck, Zurhaar rucked a centre square bounce on the weekend.

First of all, i think people to understand that the team is currently in transition and that neither xerri nor jones are fully graduated ruckmen. Having the 2 there for 60% of the game at least ensures we could compete in the ruck if there was an early injury. You sub out ccj mostly in q3 to get more run. The danger of having 1 ruck plus another improvised player would mean we might get blown out of water right from the beginning.

Xerri and ccj in the longrun will be a great combo, one is more aggressive, the other is more mobile

CCJ attended only 7 ruck contests on Saturday, if his work around the ground doesn't improve, then that's not enough value to keep him in the side.

As long as Sellers can compete, he'll be fine to ruck 5-10 times a game, but I do agree that I think it's more likely that we see Greenwood first.
This is all true but Saturday's game contained considerably less than the usual amount of stoppages. If those around the ground stoppages increase, then X will possibly need more of a chop out.

Massive issues in the weekend with:

• half forward structure
  • defensive midfield running
  • forward half pressure

Play Sellers. Bring in Simpkin. Bring in Phillips.

-Sellers for HF structure
-Simpkin for forward pressure and midfield chop out
-Phillips for inside grunt and defensive running
-play CZ on the guts for a couple of quarters rotating with Jy

B: Dawson Pink Fisher
HB: Sheezel Corr McKercher

R: Xerri Zurhaar Wardlaw
C: Scott Davies-Uniacke Stephens

HF: Simpkin Sellers Ford
F: Duursma Larkey Stephenson

I: Lazzaro Powell Phillips Curtis

S: Greenwood

Last edited:

• half forward structure
  • forward half

Biggest issue is losing contests outright, failing to bring the ball to ground.

• half forward structure
  • forward half pressure

Love it

Sellers for CCJ
Simpkin for Goater
Philips for Tucker

100% the changes I want

Plus Greenwood for Shiels as sub as you say.

Agree 100%

Why are we talking about him rucking? Didn't he just kick 6 goals in the intraclub match?
I agree, it does sound like he's primed for a move to defence instead.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We got done aerially so I think we will bring in some marking talent - could see McDonald Sellers Jy and Greenwood all getting a game next week. Maybe Comben replaces one of those names.

Not sure who comes out.

Would be negligent of us not to play Sellers next week, once Freo worked us out and we reverted to bombing it long in the F50 our lack of marking power was our undoing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back