Player Watch #37: Connor Menadue

Remove this Banner Ad

dont know if this is from this year or not, he got a lot of muscle to put on
ConnorMenadue.jpg

he has a frame though... wont take him long

Look at that run and carry.

The highlights of the last game against the Stingrays was in the TAC cup finals where the jets lost only just. Menadue was BOG, doing that in his
teams most important game of the year is a great attribute.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kevin Sheehan said on fox that he expects this kid to be a star AFL player.

I keep saying it but in 04 he said Tambling was a mix of Aka and Judd..

However I like this pick. Good frame and will build muscle. He is lightening quick and kicks it a mile.

Reminds me of a rich mans Sam Blease.

Also reminds me of road runner!

Fantastic Selection, really love this pick

Connor is 188.6 but will get to 190 easily as he is a september birthdate and atleast another year to grow
Love his speed and Game , Loves to take the game on and break the lines - Somebody mentioned that he's a Isaac Smith Clone well they have so much in common its not funny - Even the same height

Grigg's replacement has arrived gents

Did i mention i Love this selection

Free-running AFL draft prospect Connor Menadue certain to be snapped up after starring for Western Jets in the TAC Cup

"GIVE Connor Menadue a free run at your peril.

The 18-year-old from the Western Jets split opposition teams apart with his speed this season, engineering countless forays forward from the half-back line and midfield.

Menadue mixed pace with impressive contested ball and tackle numbers and was one of six Jets named in the Vic Metro squad for the AFL Under-18 National Championships.

He also performed well at the national combine, logging the fifth fastest time in the 20m sprint – 2.88 secs – and clocking 10 mins 7 secs in the 3km time trial.

Labelled a “terrific speed endurance athlete” by Jets talent manager Shane Sexton, Menadue appears all-but certain to find an AFL home on draft night."

More here...

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/leader/...s-in-the-tac-cup/story-fngnvog3-1227125738819

"Menadue, a Western Bulldogs supporter, said Robert Murphy, Bradley Hill, Lewis Jetta and Nathan Fyfe were among his favourite AFL players."
771144d1360681424-2013-podium-drool-factor-warp-10-homer-drool.gif

Fantastic Selection, really love this pick

Connor is 188.6 but will get to 190 easily as he is a september birthdate and atleast another year to grow
Love his speed and Game , Loves to take the game on and break the lines - Somebody mentioned that he's a Isaac Smith Clone well they have so much in common its not funny - Even the same height

Grigg's replacement has arrived gents

Did i mention i Love this selection
I think Gordon has already done this.

Got a bit worried watching the tape because until the last bit he never bounced the ball, ran 15, well clear, space ahead and he just kicked it....Thankfully towards the end he bounced a few, but I think it'd be good to make him more comfortable doing that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back