Moved Thread #1: Majak Daw -

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

He's sometimes hard to see, just sort of blends in.
I thought I saw him but it turned out it was Ben Brown.

Still no Majak on the track. Main group has been out for a while now.

8 years in and still hasn't cemented his spot. Thought this year would be his year but another injury interrupted pre-season not allowing him to develop his tank suggests it'll be the same as the last 4 years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Usually like Rohan, but that was a little lazy, particularly having a go at his round 2 game without acknowledging not one but two injuries.

Will enjoy the day he bags 7 against us next year

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Seems an ironic choice of game to pot Daw on... I thought it was probably his best all round consistent game at this level. Less flash and plenty of grunt.

Would have liked to have seen Maj running around today, but the excitement of the Preuss machine is fair compensation for that. As was mentioned, he looked good against the Cats so I think he is now facing a healthy challenge to force his way into the team. Maj needs to set himself to play a blinder for the Bees on Sunday. The season has a long way to run with lots of variables, so still hoping he will have a big year and make senior berth his own.

If he's coming back from concussion, why is he 'fit' enough to play for Werribee, but not for the Roos? He's either recovered, or not, surely?
Or is that just code for 'not selected'?

If he's coming back from concussion, why is he 'fit' enough to play for Werribee, but not for the Roos? He's either recovered, or not, surely?
It would seem so. There are complainers saying Maj hasn't locked in a spot, but very often, his non-selection has been a mystery. He'd play well enough to be amongst the better North players one week, then back at Werribee the next. Compare that with Petrie (who I was a big defender of) who played one decent game last season - and every other game he played contributed to the wiping of his reputation as a player. Yet, week in week out he made the team. The utter rubbish about him drawing the best defender was just an insult.

Daw has had a very strange treatment at North - almost indicating a schism in the management at the club, where one power group had enough sway to re-contract him, but another has the ability to exclude him from the team.

How many times to you hear that players need continuity to find confidence and form. Yet, despite some solid efforts and glimpses of brilliance, he has been denied continuity. Sure, injury has had an impact on his availability, but for mine, North is a better looking side with him on the ground. When he is not there, Ben Brown is copping the best defender, and probably the next best as well. Unlike Drew, Maj is capable of taking marks, and might even kick a few goals while still freeing Brown of at least one defender.

Love having the Hybrid as ruck, but seriously, Maj is also capable of winning some of the rucks, so he is versatile enough to spare Pruess of a full game in the ruck. And a resting Pruess in the pocket creates a true target that oppositions would fear.

I know there's always more to the story than the public gets to hear, and there might truly be some injury worries, but the club is making selections that don't make sense just now, and this is especially true of the way they've managed Maj over the last couple of years.

It seems it is more the case of Daw (too tall for team balance) than Daw (inj.) for today's game. AFAIK he was cleared as fit to play during the week.

If anyone heard Leigh Tudor, North's Forwards Coach, on SEN this morning you would've heard how badly Tudor wants him in, and for an extended run. He said "he's had only one uninterrupted preseason in 8 years and I know he still has so much improvement in him. We want him in and he would be this week if not for his latest bad luck on the injury front."

He's well and truly in the plans. RoCo suggested Preuss' surprise form could keep him out and Tudor said "we see them as different types of players and I look forward to Maj playing as a KPF upon return."

It would seem so. There are complainers saying Maj hasn't locked in a spot, but very often, his non-selection has been a mystery. He'd play well enough to be amongst the better North players one week, then back at Werribee the next. Compare that with Petrie (who I was a big defender of) who played one decent game last season - and every other game he played contributed to the wiping of his reputation as a player. Yet, week in week out he made the team. The utter rubbish about him drawing the best defender was just an insult.

Daw has had a very strange treatment at North - almost indicating a schism in the management at the club, where one power group had enough sway to re-contract him, but another has the ability to exclude him from the team.

How many times to you hear that players need continuity to find confidence and form. Yet, despite some solid efforts and glimpses of brilliance, he has been denied continuity. Sure, injury has had an impact on his availability, but for mine, North is a better looking side with him on the ground. When he is not there, Ben Brown is copping the best defender, and probably the next best as well. Unlike Drew, Maj is capable of taking marks, and might even kick a few goals while still freeing Brown of at least one defender.

Love having the Hybrid as ruck, but seriously, Maj is also capable of winning some of the rucks, so he is versatile enough to spare Pruess of a full game in the ruck. And a resting Pruess in the pocket creates a true target that oppositions would fear.

I know there's always more to the story than the public gets to hear, and there might truly be some injury worries, but the club is making selections that don't make sense just now, and this is especially true of the way they've managed Maj over the last couple of years.
Firstly, I think you're misreading my post as a vote of support for Majak. It was simply one expressing confusion over the 'bringing him back via Werribee' due to his concussion. I don't understand the thinking involved there. If he's fit enough to play for Werribee, he's fit enough to play for NM. So, if he's not selected for NM, then don't bring up the concussion thing?!

I think Daw offers something structurally, especially with regards to support for BB, but RoCo makes a good point about what happens when Waite and Wood are fit and ready to play. It'd be hard to then play them all plus Daw and Preuss (or Goldie), you'd think.

No one was more frustrated than I with Drew (and Dal) being played last year, trust me, and while I'm not unconditional advocate of Majak (ala naturally north), I do think he - or anyone, frankly - would have done as good a job, or should have had some opportunity to show it. It all depends on, at what point, did the football department conclude that the (veteran) 2016 list wasn't taking us anywhere and that the finals were a lost cause.

Unlike others who think all he needed has been an opportunity for continuity, I think Majak also has to take some responsibility for not taking his chances as, for example, Ben Brown and Braydon Preuss have.

If anyone heard Leigh Tudor, North's Forwards Coach, on SEN this morning you would've heard how badly Tudor wants him in, and for an extended run. He said "he's had only one uninterrupted preseason in 8 years and I know he still has so much improvement in him. We want him in and he would be this week if not for his latest bad luck on the injury front."

He's well and truly in the plans. RoCo suggested Preuss' surprise form could keep him out and Tudor said "we see them as different types of players and I look forward to Maj playing as a KPF upon return."
Yet he's playing for Werribee?!

Firstly, I think you're misreading my post as a vote of support for Majak. It was simply one expressing confusion over the 'bringing him back via Werribee' due to his concussion. I don't understand the thinking involved there. If he's fit enough to play for Werribee, he's fit enough to play for NM. So, if he's not selected for NM, then don't bring up the concussion thing?!

I think Daw offers something structurally, especially with regards to support for BB, but RoCo makes a good point about what happens when Waite and Wood are fit and ready to play. It'd be hard to then play them all plus Daw and Preuss (or Goldie), you'd think.

No one was more frustrated than I with Drew (and Dal) being played last year, trust me, and while I'm not unconditional advocate of Majak (ala naturally north), I do think he - or anyone, frankly - would have done as good a job, or should have had some opportunity to show it. It all depends on, at what point, did the football department conclude that the (veteran) 2016 list wasn't taking us anywhere and that the finals were a lost cause.

Unlike others who think all he needed has been an opportunity for continuity, I think Majak also has to take some responsibility for not taking his chances as, for example, Ben Brown and Braydon Preuss have.

Ha not unconditional mate- just treated the same as others has been my going frustration. Anywho good post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back