Moved Thread #1: Majak Daw -

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No reason he can't play in the forward line with Brown, Waite and Wood. The perception is that he is a "tall" and therefore not mobile, and we need smalls. We still do of course. However he has plenty of ground spend, has good hands, and knows how to tackle. Perhaps if he is told not to fly against Browny and Mason, and then do ground level stuff, it will work? Am I off the mark here? I think it's doable.
Yes you can certainly play those 4 forward but you can't play Garner in there as well - you can't have 5 marking forwards - that just won't work.

Then there is the option of playing Wood on the wing to accommodate the 4 talls forward but i don't think that is what our plan A is.

Ok...

<RANT>
Just play this bloke. He's had long enough flitting around the VFL. Give him the 10+ weeks of assured senior selection that plenty of us thought he'd be getting last year after the final to see if he has 'it'. Play him ahead of Waite in a Boomer/Swallowesque tale of "stiff s**t, we're trialling other options".

Or just go back in time and don't draft him. Or trade him 1 year ago.

I'm sick of this guy showing 'something' at AFL and VFL and still wondering after 8 years whether the net total of his strengths+weaknesses = an effective AFL player because he's never had an iota of continuity in his senior exposure.
</RANT>

Ok...

<RANT>
Just play this bloke. He's had long enough flitting around the VFL. Give him the 10+ weeks of assured senior selection that plenty of us thought he'd be getting last year after the final to see if he has 'it'. Play him ahead of Waite in a Boomer/Swallowesque tale of "stiff s**t, we're trialling other options".

Or just go back in time and don't draft him. Or trade him 1 year ago.

I'm sick of this guy showing 'something' at AFL and VFL and still wondering after 8 years whether the net total of his strengths+weaknesses = an effective AFL player because he's never had an iota of continuity in his senior exposure.
</RANT>

tumblr_mmlc81X5El1rxhuq8o1_500.gif

He is the perfect example of everything that is wrong with our ability to develop a player and get the best out of them.

Should of played at least 50 games by now.

Lol at a 34yo Waite keeping him out. What a disgrace.

Ben Casanella rates him our "underachiever of the year"

NORTH MELBOURNE

Majak Daw

The great ‘story’ is surely about to end.

In a year fans and the club hoped the 26-year-old has played one senior game – 10 disposals and one goal – before being returned to sender in the VFL. Form since at the lower level has been up and down like the bedsprings on a Spaniard’s honeymoon.

Its clear Daw’s game is severely lacking in a number of departments that have not developed sufficiently for the Sudanese product to be considered a bona fide senior player.

He averages three games a season and has not played anymore than nine matches in a single year. It is hard to fathom the club’s decision to sign the underperforming forward to a three-year deal tying him to the Roos until the end of 2019.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2017/06/22/frozen-in-time-who-has-failed-to-develop-at-your-club/

He is the perfect example of everything that is wrong with our ability to develop a player and get the best out of them.

Should of played at least 50 games by now.

Lol at a 34yo Waite keeping him out. What a disgrace.
*Should have

When available, Waite has been one of our better players and until the last 3-4 games, when his form has dropped dramatically, he played well enough to keep Daw out of the team by virtue of being better performed. That's no longer the case at this point.

That's complete bullshit. He's been injured ffs, its hard to be selected when you're not fit to play. He has played his best footy at AFL level in the last 3 games he's played and kicked 4 in a losing, interstate final late last year. Just kicked 3 or 4 in his second game back in the Bs. The obvious deficiencies in his game in terms of staying involved and crashing packs have improved out of sight and in tge Geelong game, while he didnt tear ut apart, he was consistently competitive in a way he couldn't have been a few years ago. And he's only ever had one pre-season. Still 100% convinced he'll make it, he's an AFL player and when he comes back in he'll prove the likes of this journo to be the talentless, attention seeking ****s we all know they are.

That's complete bullshit. He's been injured ffs, its hard to be selected when you're not fit to play. He has played his best footy at AFL level in the last 3 games he's played and kicked 4 in a losing, interstate final late last year. Just kicked 3 or 4 in his second game back in the Bs. The obvious deficiencies in his game in terms of staying involved and crashing packs have improved out of sight and in tge Geelong game, while he didnt tear ut apart, he was consistently competitive in a way he couldn't have been a few years ago. And he's only ever had one pre-season. Still 100% convinced he'll make it, he's an AFL player and when he comes back in he'll prove the likes of this journo to be the talentless, attention seeking ****s we all know they are.

I can see your point and completely understand your frustration. However, we should be selecting the best available players to counter that particular weeks opponent. This is where Majak has had issues. Due to him being regularly injured, he hasn't been able to find any level of continuity in his game. This in turn means that when he gets a run at it, he hasn't been as "in touch" with our game style as those around him, hence giving the appearance that he lacks footy smarts.

Waite has rightfully kept Majak out of the team due to his better performance as a key forward. Right now, I feel that balance has shifted and I would be very happy to see Daw get selected this week and Waite sent back to the twos. I would love nothing more than to see Majak remain injury free, get some continuity into his game and start exerting his presence up forward. Daw, Wood and Brown are the future of the forward line for the next 2-4 years, with Larkey and Mackay hopefully to follow.

I can see your point and completely understand your frustration. However, we should be selecting the best available players to counter that particular weeks opponent. This is where Majak has had issues. Due to him being regularly injured, he hasn't been able to find any level of continuity in his game. This in turn means that when he gets a run at it, he hasn't been as "in touch" with our game style as those around him, hence giving the appearance that he lacks footy smarts.

Waite has rightfully kept Majak out of the team due to his better performance as a key forward. Right now, I feel that balance has shifted and I would be very happy to see Daw get selected this week and Waite sent back to the twos. I would love nothing more than to see Majak remain injury free, get some continuity into his game and start exerting his presence up forward. Daw, Wood and Brown are the future of the forward line for the next 2-4 years, with Larkey and Mackay hopefully to follow.
I agree, and I reckon with a spine of Tarrant, Durdin, EVW, Preuss, Brown, Wood and Daw we have a mix of talls who could well see us to #5

What I noticed in his game last week he was very involved around the ground with crashing packs, taking marks and tackling. Was spent in the last qtr and spent it in the F50.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watched him this year at vfl level and nothing has changed. He will be dumped in 2 weeks.

Game mate. smashes packs, kicks five, rucks well allows Benny to stay forward and then heads around to George's brothers's house ( Ben Costanza) and shoves his article up his arse :p
I wish I could like this so many more times!!

I don't want or expect him to kick 6 (although it would be nice). I would be more impressed if he's able to use his natural attributes to bring others into the play and create opportunities. That would show growth and maturity far above his "show reel".
It's entirely in his hands now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back