Moved Thread #1: Majak Daw -

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just saw Maj on Ch 10 Sports report, handled himself well, considering the subject was his recent tune up from Brad :thumbsu:
Yeah something about looking out at the ground after the spray and thinking of the song from simon and garfunkle "sound of silence" lol.

Think people are used to baking him and the minute he does alright they still feel need to be negative. Thought he was much better then what he had showed recently and had been gubernatorial unwarranted criticism. Scotts bake was unnecessary at such a crucial moment aswell. They kicked 3 goals in 4 minutes or so when he wasn't on. Why if scott baked majak did he not bake goldy at all for being outmarked by the likes of cotchin and others
Scott was a major in relation to the loss!, he should be giving himself a spray. Message for Scott 'Judge thyself first before judging others', bad look in relation to what you did in Public arena, regardless of how you and Maj feel.....not a good look. Not likely that Scott will spray others in same way in public....if at all. Obvious Scott does not have the ability to get the best out of Maj.

He's genuinely one of the nicest blokes you'd meet and those words aren't surprising to me.

Obviously the key for him and us, if his career is to thrive at all, is to unlock that inner beast.

He's like a Vegan big game hunter. Can shoot but finds it difficult to do so.
Maj needs a a mentor....not Scott, Scott is not a mentor. Would like to think that if/when Scott leaves the new coach would have the ability to get the best out of a lot of players. in 8 years Scott has reached his limit, time to bring in someone who can take North to next level. Being an OK coach is just not good enough.

Preuss in.

Majak lasted two weeks as a forward with virtually no results, and he managed one single match as a stand alone ruckman.

He probably wouldn't have even had one week as a stand alone ruckman if Preuss had been fit last week. I will be interested to see how Preuss and Daw go together this week

He probably wouldn't have even had one week as a stand alone ruckman if Preuss had been fit last week. I will be interested to see how Preuss and Daw go together this week

I expect Majak will play the entire match as a decoy for BBB, and will give Preuss a spell.

If it rains, then I expect he will be useless.

I expect Majak will play the entire match as a decoy for BBB, and will give Preuss a spell.

If it rains, then I expect he will be useless.

I thought it would be more like a 60%/40% split between Preuss and Majak rucking, with Preuss also spending some time on the forward line to provide some variety. Like you, I am worried about the rain because Majak doesn't seem to adapt well to conditions

I thought it would be more like a 60%/40% split between Preuss and Majak rucking, with Preuss also spending some time on the forward line to provide some variety. Like you, I am worried about the rain because Majak doesn't seem to adapt well to conditions
How many games has Maj played in wet?
Does Preuss play better in wet?
Does Brown play better in wet?
Does the wet effect all the above?
Not all shorter players perform in the wet

The wet more than likely would only effect their marking, taller/bigger players will still attract more opposition forcing ball to ground for good crumbers......if any.

How many games has Maj played in wet?
Does Preuss play better in wet?
Does Brown play better in wet?
Does the wet effect all the above?
Not all shorter players perform in the wet

The wet more than likely would only effect their marking, taller/bigger players will still attract more opposition forcing ball to ground for good crumbers......if any.
Affect.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maj and Preuss have probably played in more shocking conditions in the VFL than most of our team that plays under a roof at Etihad. They may actually go alright.
Tasmania: Hold my beer

Majak: 1 clearance, 0 stoppages, 1 one percenters, disposal efficiency 50%

Goldy: 3 clearances, 1.7 stoppages, 2.6 one percenters, disposal efficiency 74 %

We could all argue this until we're blue in the face. The sad, undeniable fact is both players are performing below expectations. I've always held out great hopes for Maj. He's had injury problems this year, which was unlucky. However, if he can't show something extra between now and the end of the season, he'll get traded or ply his trade in the VFL all next year and then drop off. Goldy and Preuss will be our big 2 next year if that scenario transpires. I'm crossing my fingers for Daw but I've moved from faith to hope on that score - unfortunately. I may have to rip up my two "We believe in Majak" pavers at Arden Street!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We could all argue this until we're blue in the face. The sad, undeniable fact is both players are performing below expectations.

The difference being that Goldys "poor" is Majaks "regular"

For years we have hoped that Majak would make it as a key forward but that now seems unlikely. He does however fill a role on our list as a back up ruckman. Every club has at least one back up ruckman: think Spencer, Hampson, Pittonet, Phillips, Griffin, Currie etc. If we delisted or traded Majak (I think he has limited currency) we would need to replace him with another backup ruckman. So unless another club offered us something valuable as a trade we should honour his contract, seeing his role as a backup ruckman. Who knows he might eventually fulfil some of the potential we have been hoping for

For years we have hoped that Majak would make it as a key forward but that now seems unlikely. He does however fill a role on our list as a back up ruckman. Every club has at least one back up ruckman: think Spencer, Hampson, Pittonet, Phillips, Griffin, Currie etc. If we delisted or traded Majak (I think he has limited currency) we would need to replace him with another backup ruckman. So unless another club offered us something valuable as a trade we should honour his contract, seeing his role as a backup ruckman. Who knows he might eventually fulfil some of the potential we have been hoping for
Was there not a Melbourne player (forgot name for moment) more recently not performing up to his potential after a number of years, calls for he to also be traded, a player whom I assume had grown up with a football in hand and many years of following Aussie Rules, got to AFL level and not produced, but club believed in him, hung on to him....he turned the corner.

Same should apply to Maj, specially when he was not 'born into' Aussie rules, did not hold a footy till late etc.

Some players (who have naturally been around Aussie rules a long time) just take a bit longer to turn that corner.

Was there not a Melbourne player (forgot name for moment)
..................?

Say Watt(s)?

images

:stern look

Glad we get to see the Preuss/Daw combo at last! Preuss seems more than capable forward: what if they split the ruck 50/50? Could really * with the opposition ruckman's head.
Thought Maj's tap work was ok last week, certainly better than what Goldy has dished up.
Still (just..and I mean just) keeping the faith.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back