Player Watch #38 Noah Cumberland

Remove this Banner Ad

You need to watch him more closely. Loses a contest, doesn’t chase. Busy sooking to the umpire whilst the opposition is running off with the ball. Also Campbell and Steely have been better.
I saw and heard him mentioned a lot even in the first half putting on pressure. He zoned back into good positions when they had the ball. How often did he sook to the ump on the weekend, didn't get near it much in the first half, nobody up forward did, and no sooking in the second. He was criticised for trying too much in the first half, and fair enough, but went in and won the hard ball in the contest before that.

Watching live everyone was putting the boots in, but I thought at least he's busting a gut to get the ball. It's like watching your own children playing, you notice everything they do, good and bad, others players are probably doing much the same thing but we aren't watching for it at every contest. Very heavily scrutinised.

I reckon Cumberland has learnt from his sooking and is ready to start biting the bullet also having played in Queensland conditions much of his early career is another plus.
I hope so because talent is there best of our medium talls by a mile. His got to get a game on merits tho he aren't a kid no more.

Ok I've had enough of all the bullshit that's been going on at RFC.
Why isn't Noah getting a game?
As it stands we have no real forward line and are playing players that have very little instinct for the game.
Lefau needs to spend more time in the VFL, he has been gifted games but is very sub par.
Kosi I don't understand why we got him, he is worse than Vickery.

Then we have Cumberland he has been smashed from pillar to post by Dimma and now Yze.
Why? Noah has obviously lost confidence but we all know he is a very talented footballer. Way more talent than the above mentioned 2 who are just wasting space at the moment. I'd just put him in and let the kid play some footy. We make excuses for others to be in the best 22 why not Noah? Kosi was playing like dog s**t in the VFL and I would even say that he wasn't even good enough for VFL but he is now in the side.

Have we all forgotten how damaging Cumberland can be!

I'm so pissed off about this.

As it stands we have no real forward line and are playing players that have very little instinct for the game.
Lefau needs to spend more time in the VFL, he has been gifted games but is very sub par.

Then we have Cumberland he has been smashed from pillar to post by Dimma and now Yze.
Why? Noah has obviously lost confidence but we all know he is a very talented footballer. Way more talent than the above mentioned 2 who are just wasting space at the moment. I'd just put him in and let the kid play some footy. We make excuses for others to be in the best 22 why not Noah? Kosi was playing like dog s**t in the VFL and I would even say that he wasn't even good enough for VFL but he is now in the side.

I think its obvious that his attitude stinks and lacks a lot of confidence.
Mansell and Rioli are playing better than him at the moment as well.

There is 0 chance that Cumberland is not being selected because x3 coaches have a grudge against him. One coach, maybe, but 3? Nah.

I want to see him in the side too, but obviously there is something he isn’t doing right, training commitment, attitude etc that we can’t really see as supporters.

People on the board seriously need to stop with the victim mentality for this kid.

I think yourself and others need to open your mind to this not being a coaching issue and actually a player issue. If it was just Dimma that didn't play him then you might have a case to make. If it was just Dimma and then Mini that didn't play him then you could probably argue that Mini was too influenced by Dimma and just followed suit. However, now we have a coach in Yze that's come from another club who had all of the off-season, pre-season and the start of this season to observe players like Cumberland who haven't been given opportunities and is still not playing him.

Maybe, just maybe, this is a player that simply isn't doing what is required of him to get a game at AFL level.
As you have correctly stated, our forward line is shot and full of injuries and he STILL can't get a look in. That in itself speaks volumes.

I think yourself and others need to open your mind to this not being a coaching issue and actually a player issue. If it was just Dimma that didn't play him then you might have a case to make. If it was just Dimma and then Mini that didn't play him then you could probably argue that Mini was too influenced by Dimma and just followed suit. However, now we have a coach in Yze that's come from another club who had all of the off-season, pre-season and the start of this season to observe players like Cumberland who haven't been given opportunities and is still not playing him.

Maybe, just maybe, this is a player that simply isn't doing what is required of him to get a game at AFL level.
As you have correctly stated, our forward line is shot and full of injuries and he STILL can't get a look in. That in itself speaks volumes.
Would also add that the main issues with our forwards isn’t really our smalls and mediums who are all pretty much playing career best footy and really quite impressive

It’s our key position boys who are missing and they aren’t the spot Cumbo would even be fighting for

Needs to play for Richmond and not Noah.
He will get another chance but not many more so hopefully the penny drops.

I think its obvious that his attitude stinks and lacks a lot of confidence.
Mansell and Rioli are playing better than him at the moment as well.
His attitude at VFL level is fine. He has pressured and played well enough but for last game where he was a bit quiet. Copped a knock on the knee and hobbled a fair bit at times that game.

More to the point he is not competing with Mansell and MRJ, he is more of a goal scoring, general target. He leads well, marks pretty well and is dangerous round goals. Mansell is playing much further up the ground and MRJ much the same.

His form has not been great, but neither have as mentioned, Lefau and Kosi. What have we got to lose.

Would also add that the main issues with our forwards isn’t really our smalls and mediums who are all pretty much playing career best footy and really quite impressive

It’s our key position boys who are missing and they aren’t the spot Cumbo would even be fighting for
But he leads and he marks, so while not a pack crashing player that sort of player would be handy right now. Toby Green is not competing with his talls, but he also leads and marks (as well as doing everything else.) Most sides have a third type tall.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Needs to play for Richmond and not Noah.
He will get another chance but not many more so hopefully the penny drops.
I am a fan but I just can't see him playing again. Caught most the VFL Suns game live and it was a solid win. Noah played a good ordinary game. Coupla marks Coupla goals, coupla tackles. Dusty, Lynch and Mansell came into the AFL team that week. then Le fau and Kosi.

When Prestia and Hopper return they will be selected up fwd first.

I doubt he gets selected again TBH.

But he leads and he marks, so while not a pack crashing player that sort of player would be handy right now. Toby Green is not competing with his talls, but he also leads and marks (as well as doing everything else.) Most sides have a third type tall.
Toby Greene is also one of the best players in the comp

His attitude at VFL level is fine. He has pressured and played well enough but for last game where he was a bit quiet. Copped a knock on the knee and hobbled a fair bit at times that game.

More to the point he is not competing with Mansell and MRJ, he is more of a goal scoring, general target. He leads well, marks pretty well and is dangerous round goals. Mansell is playing much further up the ground and MRJ much the same.

His form has not been great, but neither have as mentioned, Lefau and Kosi. What have we got to lose.

Think this is the point. Throughout pre-season and thus far into the VFL season I’m yet to see him put anything other than a sold half together. You have to earn a right to be recalled and Cumberland simply hasn’t done that this far this season.

I would disregard LeFau and Kosi as example of playing when aren’t deserving as I suspect they’re more victim of circumstance through injuries to KPFs than forcing their way in.

Who comes out if Cumberland is to come in?

Think this is the point. Throughout pre-season and thus far into the VFL season I’m yet to see him put anything other than a sold half together. You have to earn a right to be recalled and Cumberland simply hasn’t done that this far this season.

I would disregard LeFau and Kosi as example of playing when aren’t deserving as I suspect they’re more victim of circumstance through injuries to KPFs than forcing their way in.

Totally, without the Lynch and Balta injuries, Kosi and Lefou wouldn't be getting much of a look in.

Cumbo probably feeling hard done by but he has the talent and can work his way back.

Because he is a conditional footrballer that has more going on in his head than on the football field
Plays 1/4 good football then 3 games of rubbish and even his VFL form is conditional and eratic
feign's injury and a drama queen.

Most likely delisted or traded if doesnt get his sh!t together and gets serious about what the coaches want
3 coaches now Dimma , Mini & Yze all see it for what it is and maybe we supporters should also accept him for what he is a flash in the pan. 23 years old and 5 years at Richmond and still a long way back with others passed him

I'm not exactly saying play him, now, would prefer to come in with some real form and some solid footy under his belt. But with our forward line pretty low or x-factor, besides Bolton, and on the bigger grounds which would suit him, he could give us something.

Because he is a conditional footrballer that has more going on in his head than on the football field
Plays 1/4 good football then 3 games of rubbish and even his VFL form is conditional and eratic
feign's injury and a drama queen.

Most likely delisted or traded if doesnt get his sh!t together and gets serious about what the coaches want
3 coaches now Dimma , Mini & Yze all see it for what it is and maybe we supporters should also accept him for what he is a flash in the pan. 23 years old and 5 years at Richmond and still a long way back with others passed him
3 years, missed the first two years pretty much.

But yes, he would want to turn things around or he will be the proverbial flash in the pan. It's just that our forward half is pretty low on talent, and he has that, of sorts. Hard to get form in the VFL when 2 weeks in you have a bye.

3 years, missed the first two years pretty much.

But yes, he would want to turn things around or he will be the proverbial flash in the pan. It's just that our forward half is pretty low on talent, and he has that, of sorts. Hard to get form in the VFL when 2 weeks in you have a bye.
Our foward line is fine but our KPF are where we are struggling not small/med
I have alot of faith in players like Campbell , Clarke , MRj , Coulthard , Smith & Green to come through and play good roles

Cumberland is competing with the above players and not with the talls for a position
He is not Martin / Bolton

Currently he is on the delist list for me

Our foward line is fine but our KPF are where we are struggling not small/med
I have alot of faith in players like Campbell , Clarke , MRj , Coulthard , Smith & Green to come through and play good roles

Cumberland is competing with the above players and not with the talls for a position
He is not Martin / Bolton

Currently he is on the delist list for me
Yes, but if he fires and other stall/get injured then he will play. It's rd.5, bit early for any talk of delisting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back