Player Watch #38: Tristan Xerri - has signed a 4 year contract extension to the end of 2029

Remove this Banner Ad

Really liked those highlights. He's listed as 201cm but has a low centre of gravity for his height. Combine that with his preparedness to tackle and play like a big man and he projects as more of a Brodie Grundy than a Rhys Stanley physically.

The way he moves and plays in close is like a bloke who learnt his craft in smaller/medium roles then had a growth spurt. Would be curious if this was accurate?
Grundy was my first thought as well. Lower centre of gravity, Duck had it in spades, Cunners is the same, basically the total opposite to BBB.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Would be curious to see whether the club sees him as a tall forward/2nd ruck or as a genuine ruckman.

I think with his ability below his knees I'd be more leaning towards forward.

Would be curious to see whether the club sees him as a tall forward/2nd ruck or as a genuine ruckman.

I think with his ability below his knees I'd be more leaning towards forward.

He said he saw himself more as a forward in a club site interview. Personally I see more him as a more natural ruckman based on VFL footage to date.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m a big fan - not 100% sure how the club views him ; fwd, Ruck,Ruck/fwd, fwd/ruck.

I think he’s whichever we need and at present with BBB and Larkey it’s a Ruck/fwd or pure ruck.

Great mark, loves a tackle , gets plenty of taps and kicks goals weekly!

The North ruck factory is alive and well with Xerri coming though.

Needs 18 months to pressure Goldy which is great timing.

He's put on some serious physical development and holding his marks now. He got to a lot of contests last year, but wasn't holding most of his marks.

Starting to show some genuinely good footy smarts also.

Excellent soft hand tap work here:

That's what's keeping Tom Campbell out of the AFL.

Tristan still has plenty of physical development left in him yet.

That last tackle is beginning to look like a Shaw-led NMFC trademark.
Yep.

The thing that impressed me on the weekend was how physical he was all over the ground. Last time I saw him live was at Coburg last year and while he showed some nice attributes, nothing like the mongrel he put out there on Sunday.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back