Past #39: Flynn Perez - drafted w/ #39 in 2019 ND - 2x ACL - delisted end '23 - 24 NM games / 1 NM goals - thanks Flynn

Remove this Banner Ad

I see him as more a rebounder and playmaker like Jake Lloyd as opposed to an interceptor

In terms of interceptors I think that will be more Bonar in the future

Don’t really see the Jake Lloyd comparison personally, Lloyd is purely a receiver.

I can see Perez role being much more balanced with his offensive and defensive tools.

I can see him becoming a proper intercepting and rebounding medium defender. He's got good hands, a good leap, reads the game well and a bag full of courage. Add that to his pace and excellent ball use and he has the tools needed for that role. That's why I likened him to Tom Doedee previously who is of a similar size and an excellent interceptor.

Interceptions is a weakness in our game with Ziebell the only North player in the top 100 interceptors in the game.
Slightly faster Easton Wood?

Perez is one of a very small handful of players that have the potential in them to turn this year from another full blown development year to one where we are an unexpected challenge for finals - and a much more enjoyable season. Great to see him doing well.

It’s got 1993 feels about it

Don’t really see the Jake Lloyd comparison personally, Lloyd is purely a receiver.

giphy.gif

I can see Perez role being much more balanced with his offensive and defensive tools.
Going with your description and keeping with the 2021 Swans defence, maybe Jordan Dawson might be a better comparison.

Scary to think the 1993 resurrection was 29 years ago. That time is still so vivid in my mind, that it only seems like yesterday.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
The Victoria Park massacre is still my all time home and away game I've ever been to.

What a great day that was.

Hear, hear! There’s multiple faves from that year - beating Geelong at Geelong and the Dogs at the Kennel on sunny early autumn days are top of mind! And the best of all, murdering the Bombers in the last quarter on Friday night at the ‘G - 8.8 to 1.2 with Carey, Longmire and Roberts running amok!

PS. Probably should have posted this reminisce in another thread. But looking forward to seeing young Perez and the boys create their own history so that in another 29 years time (if I’m still alive) we can reminisce on the exploits of this young team in the same way as the team from ‘93.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Victoria Park massacre is still my all time home and away game I've ever been to.

I was only a young buck back then. I remember my old man getting home from work that day and telling me about the demolition. He said ‘Carey, Mcadam and Schwass went ape s**t.’ I had just been on a roof rockin - Knick knocking rampage around town. Most evenings I would get home with the belt after the neighbours caught wind of us lads on the go. Not that day though, * the pies and up the Rooboys.

I reckon this photo confirms my skepticism in the face of the posters gushing about Flynn's build. He has a small head so looks like a unit in solo photos but put him next to others and he looks.. fine but not huge. (I'm still on the Flynn ferris wheel or whatever it is and hope he finally gets a good run with injury.)

Scary to think the 1993 resurrection was 29 years ago. That time is still so vivid in my mind, that it only seems like yesterday.

I got there at the start of the reserves game. Pole position right on the outer wing. Just remember being blown away with the way we destroyed top of the ladder Pies. After that day I knew we had something special happening here. Other memory from that game was seeing a North supporter getting the cr*p kicked out of him by 4 pies supporters after the game outside Vic Park train station. Cops just arrived same time as me. Hope that person was nobody on here.

I reckon this photo confirms my skepticism in the face of the posters gushing about Flynn's build. He has a small head so looks like a unit in solo photos but put him next to others and he looks.. fine but not huge. (I'm still on the Flynn ferris wheel or whatever it is and hope he finally gets a good run with injury.)
To be fair to Flynn, in that photo he IS standing next to chunky Cam, our very own big ball of muscle.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back