Delisted #39: Pat Voss - Stiff Armed by Essendon on Oct 25. Refer to #556

Remove this Banner Ad

Need him fit for our game against the Swans so he can say hi to Luke Parker.

Running, available after the bye
Forward Patrick Voss has been moved from the medium to short term recovery status after integrating back into running successfully.

Voss will continue a running program as he builds on-feet fitness following a foot issue.

“Voss’ rehab from that foot injury is going well,” Kane said.

“He’s back running, and we’ll see him integrate into training through the bye week and be made available soon after the bye.

I still have no idea if the kid will be able to football at an AFL level.... but there is no way on God's green earth that he is only 19.

I refuse to believe it short of Essendons social media posting a birth certificate or something

Check out the D'Ambrosio video.

Voss doesn't fit in the rehab room, too big!

"Young key forward Patrick Voss, how is he going on the recovery from that foot injury?"

"Yeah Vossy is now out of the boot, we've got him up and running so we're now a couple of weeks into that rehab process.

It's all about his load management now, so we won't see him this week he's going to train and integrate back into training this week, and then he'll train next week and then play some minutes.

We might restrict his minutes the following week just to keep his loads at a certain level but we'll see him out there playing footy next weekend so that will be great."

BrunoV it's about 2 minutes in if you want to watch it. Apparently he's a key forward. 🤔

There's something about Voss that makes me think we could be onto a player here. Don't know if he'll ever be that big bodied midfielder but certainly don't mind him as a strong bodied mid sized forward (technically he's kind of key forward height but he plays more like a taller, more aggressive but less polished Langford up forward).

Its funny how whenever the boys mention tackling drills they seem to give the impression that no one wants to be paired with Vossy.

It definitely seems like there's plenty to work with and its a shame he had the foot injury that cost him game time but at least he's recovered now and back playing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This preseason should be tank 1st, stoppage structures 2nd and weights 3rd. If he doesn't turn into a mid he'll still be able to develop as a mid/half forward for VFL level and half forward depth for AFL. May as well roll the dice on that one. Voss, Perkins running through the middle and and Martin and Langford as half forward and wing removes the size issue of our midfield. Especially with the scrapping of Hobbs and Caldwell all finished off with the class of Merrett and Parish.

Must build that tank 1st though. He won't lose strength, he just won't be able to bulk AND run the kms over summer. Sounds like a job for Stanton, instead of trying to suck up to Truck all match day.

There's something about Voss that makes me think we could be onto a player here. Don't know if he'll ever be that big bodied midfielder but certainly don't mind him as a strong bodied mid sized forward (technically he's kind of key forward height but he plays more like a taller, more aggressive but less polished Langford up forward).

Its funny how whenever the boys mention tackling drills they seem to give the impression that no one wants to be paired with Vossy.

It definitely seems like there's plenty to work with and its a shame he had the foot injury that cost him game time but at least he's recovered now and back playing.

Great athletic profile, whether he can build the midfield craft to be an AFL standard midfielder is the big question, followed by whether he can be more than just a big bloke pushing VFL sized guys around. If not, he's got the size and power to be an AFL standard half-forward still. Plenty of options.

In the NFL, some teams like to prioritise their draft picking strategy by Relative Athletic Score (RAS), in an attempt to turn an athlete into a football player.
I actually really like having a few RAS guys on a list, as sometimes you just find a guy that is very difficult to coach against, due to sheer freakish athleticism. It seems that way a little bit with Voss' strength.

In the NFL, some teams like to prioritise their draft picking strategy by Relative Athletic Score (RAS), in an attempt to turn an athlete into a football player.
I actually really like having a few RAS guys on a list, as sometimes you just find a guy that is very difficult to coach against, due to sheer freakish athleticism. It seems that way a little bit with Voss' strength.

I think one selection based on neck circumference per year at minimum

At any given point I'd have a KPF, a KPD and a ruck on the list all selected on this basis.

It'd getting to the point that we'd start to look at an athletic 7 footer for the cat b rookie list to develop as a future ruck.

I'd probably do most of my 3rd round and later drafting on this basis, unless I'm chasing needs.

I think one selection based on neck circumference per year at minimum
The scale starts at Christian Bock and finishes at Frazer Gherig.
Personally I think short players with a steep shoulder to head gradient, and long necks should be prioritised, higher chance of being taken high.

At any given point I'd have a KPF, a KPD and a ruck on the list all selected on this basis.
Especially a KPF, I believe that goal kicking can be taught really effectively to those who are completely green.
I remember Lloyd said exactly this at one stage, pointing to Mason Cox's good ball drop for his height.

Especially a KPF, I believe that goal kicking can be taught really effectively to those who are completely green.
I remember Lloyd said exactly this at one stage, pointing to Mason Cox's good ball drop for his height.

What's Ben Simmons doing these days? Can't shoot, maybe he can kick?

What's Ben Simmons doing these days? Can't shoot, maybe he can kick?
Can you imagine him practicing set shots?
As a fellow former Sixer once said:
Philadelphia 76Ers Basketball GIF

Remove this Banner Ad

Back