Delisted #39: Pat Voss - Stiff Armed by Essendon on Oct 25. Refer to #556

Remove this Banner Ad

It still seems crazy that we cut him.
Has had a bit of an attitude change over summer from what I hear.
When the VFL match reports last year said learning his craft it was code for doing what he wanted and not what the coach was looking for. ;)
Also lived at the party house.
Probably better for him he did get cut. From all reports out of Fremantle the penny has dropped. For us he was the one that was out of contract so he did not get a second chance. They kept Jones.
Played okay last night with 11 disposals and a goal.

Has had a bit of an attitude change over summer from what I hear.
When the VFL match reports last year said learning his craft it was code for doing what he wanted and not what the coach was looking for. ;)
Also lived at the party house.
Probably better for him he did get cut. From all reports out of Fremantle the penny has dropped. For us he was the one that was out of contract so he did not get a second chance. They kept Jones.
Played okay last night with 11 disposals and a goal.

Sounds like a lot of the players still on the list have had the same attitude adjustment. What’s to say he wouldn’t have followed suit if afforded the chance.

Hardly a spectacular debut but brought all the stuff to the table we knew he could do, and he has a real chance to stake a claim. He has that real aggro spirit animal vibe that will endear him to a fanbase and aligns perfectly with the way we want to play.

We paid out Stewart, pay Weideman out and Voss is still at the footy club. We all think Dodoro is an ordinary list manager, stands to reason that he would make ordinary list management decisions, just like this one.

Seeing Voss look so good on debut is very bittersweet.
I am glad he is making something of it and he was okay today with 11 touches and a goal on debut but if we still had him who is he taking out of the side ? I am still taking Langford / Stringer / Jones and the rookie who has replaced him in Visantini is showing really good signs as a forward / ruck. Would not be swapping Caddy for him either. Good on him. From all reports his attitude has improved a heap and he has got reward for it.

Sounds like a lot of the players still on the list have had the same attitude adjustment. What’s to say he wouldn’t have followed suit if afforded the chance.

Hardly a spectacular debut but brought all the stuff to the table we knew he could do, and he has a real chance to stake a claim. He has that real aggro spirit animal vibe that will endear him to a fanbase and aligns perfectly with the way we want to play.

We paid out Stewart, pay Weideman out and Voss is still at the footy club. We all think Dodoro is an ordinary list manager, stands to reason that he would make ordinary list management decisions, just like this one.
As I mentioned above who are you taking out to play him ? Jones ? Stringer ? Langford ? would you rather have him over Caddy ? or Visentini ? Weideman is no playing defense. If we still had him he would still be playing VFL and we probably do not have Visentini.

point is he wasn't getting games and weideman was.
* me. I have run through he timeline on this plenty of times. The Weideman poor form and the Voss good form did not actually line up. By time Weideman was going like a busted ass Voss was also playing patchy footy after a couple of early good games. There was also a bit more going on behind the scenes as far as attitude and playing to the role that would have got him in the side. It was not that simple. The word behind the scenes was he was advised to head over there and have a red hot crack and pull his head in as it would be his last chance.

As I mentioned above who are you taking out to play him ? Jones ? Stringer ? Langford ? would you rather have him over Caddy ? or Visentini ? Weideman is no playing defense. If we still had him he would still be playing VFL and we probably do not have Visentini.

Could easily play him beside Vigo and Caddy, but then I guess it becomes a logjam if Hunter comes a long, but you cross that bridge when you actually come to it, you don’t pre cross it.

It’s a great example of arriving at the right outcome for all of the wrong reasons and with the wrong method.

There was also a bit more going on behind the scenes as far as attitude and playing to the role that would have got him in the side. It was not that simple. The word behind the scenes was he was advised to head over there and have a red hot crack and pull his head in as it would be his last chance.
oh sorry i didn't realise you have declared how things should be perceived by individuals earlier than my forming an opinion. i wouldn't have posted had i knew.

get a life. its a football forum. people be discussing football.

oh sorry i didn't realise you have declared how things should be perceived by individuals earlier than my forming an opinion. i wouldn't have posted had i knew.
Boo Hoo. So what. Post an opinion and it will get called out If it is not totally factual. Do the bloody research of how the VFL and AFL games lined up. I declared he was not at AFL level which is not totally true now as he has played and done okay but the simple fact is he played well in a couple of early games but by time we needed someone to step up at AFL level he was very up and down as well. I am glad he has got a game and done okay.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Could easily play him beside Vigo and Caddy, but then I guess it becomes a logjam if Hunter comes a long, but you cross that bridge when you actually come to it, you don’t pre cross it.

It’s a great example of arriving at the right outcome for all of the wrong reasons and with the wrong method.
Would we have had Vigo if he stayed as a rookie for a third year ? we only ttook one rookie pick and that was Vigo to replace Voss.

Boo Hoo. So what. Post an opinion and it will get called out If it is not totally factual. Do the bloody research of how the VFL and AFL games lined up. I declared he was not at AFL level which is not totally true now as he has played and done okay but the simple fact is he played well in a couple of early games but by time we needed someone to step up at AFL level he was very up and down as well. I am glad he has got a game and done okay.
yes mate you watched some vfl well done. what do you want? everyone to agree with you on everything?

reality is we had multiple weeks to introduce voss to the side, and didn't. many of those weeks weideman played.

yes mate you watched some vfl well done. what do you want? everyone to agree with you on everything?

reality is we had multiple weeks to introduce voss to the side, and didn't. many of those weeks weideman played.
That is it. It is not the reality. Like I said go back to the results and line up the form line. Itr has nothing to do with me watching VFL or even my opinion. The form did not line up. Have a look for yourself. I do not want everyone to agree. I could not give a * if you do not but do not expect opinion to go unchallenged if it is not totally factual. The other issue was Scott was not changing the team structure so Voss was actually competing against Langford or Stringer even though Weideman fell off the cliff. Weideman was kicking goals until round 10 and at that stage had only had a couple of really poor games. By then Voss was not kicking goals every week either.

That is it. It is not the reality. Like I said go back to the results and line up the form line. Itr has nothing to do with me watching VFL or even my opinion. The form did not line up. Have a look for yourself. I do not want everyone to agree. I could not give a * if you do not but do not expect opinion to go unchallenged if it is not totally factual. The other issue was Scott was not changing the team structure so Voss was actually competing against Langford or Stringer even though Weideman fell off the cliff. Weideman was kicking goals until round 10 and at that stage had only had a couple of really poor games. By then Voss was not kicking goals every week either.
yeah but your original opinion is wrong...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back