Player Watch #40: Callum Coleman-Jones

Remove this Banner Ad

Ccj is young ruckman he should get better.

Chol improving and he is older.

Soldo took time to develop, still a project
Pickett in ruck over ccj is a worry.
Hes not 18...
The young blokes from gws and Jackson from Melbourne manage alright in the ruck

I've watched the vfl live this year and the year before last. His ruck craft is non existant

Cash in whilst we can

Didn't have the best game, but really impressed me with some of his efforts in the last quarter. Had a few moments where he just threw himself at loose balls in the middle of the ground and just outside our 50. Didn't always pay off, but showed great effort.

Anyone got the GIF on Bolton goal which he crumbed off CCJ, haven't look at it closely enough yet but my first impression was he knocked the ball down for Bolton as opposed to dropping the mark/having it punched away.

Didn't have the best game, but really impressed me with some of his efforts in the last quarter. Had a few moments where he just threw himself at loose balls in the middle of the ground and just outside our 50. Didn't always pay off, but showed great effort.

Big boy was moving with some serious intent at different stages throughout the game. Doing very well for a third gamer.

I really liked CCJ’s game v the Bombers. He will face tougher ruckmen and full backs but these were mature AFL players and I thought he stood up really well when outnumbered in several contests over the night. Also thought as mentioned by others he showed a fair amount of desperation once the ball hit the ground.

I think he's a dinosaur but deserves to be played until Lynch returns. I am scared what Nic Nat will do to our rucks next week.
Who cares what Nic Nat does

Their midfield is shocking and our mids will just rove to him like the bombers did last week

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He made 4 goals and knocked a couple himself not bad for a 3 gamer.

Chol getting dominated , I didn’t see that bit

Don't get me wrong, Chol had a good game - was on fire early. But there was a period late where we just couldn't get our hands on it in the ruck and clearances, but CCJ came in with some really great bullocking work that I thought helped stem the tide.

Chol was ok playing against a spud 3 different club old man. A few times he just stood there watching the game and also a few times when the ball was there he never went in hard. Perhaps I expect more from him but Forget he is a big boy. Overall was an improvement.
Strange call , thought Phillips played well, with several big marks, kicked a goal , fluffed an easy one , call it as you see it man

Strange call , thought Phillips played well, with several big marks, kicked a goal , fluffed an easy one , call it as you see it man

Yeah when they said it was his third club I though how was that possible when I thought he played well. I'd have him in our side although is he a pure ruck? Where chol and CJ are forward/ruck.

He's done Exactly what Lynch has provided this year.A contest.
Difference is he can go into the ruck when needed.
What we need to do is convince both CJ & Chol that their future lies with the RFC.
Proven already we can go with a 3 tall setup.
Come finals:Jack/Lynch & CJ(2nd ruck duties)
2023:Cj/Lynch/Chol.

Anyone got the GIF on Bolton goal which he crumbed off CCJ, haven't look at it closely enough yet but my first impression was he knocked the ball down for Bolton as opposed to dropping the mark/having it punched away.

Big boy was moving with some serious intent at different stages throughout the game. Doing very well for a third gamer.
That was a play that stood out in my mind as well
I think it was a 2v1 or 3v1 contest he knew he wasn’t going to take the grab but managed to take front position and put it into the lap of Bolton

No stat for that play but set up a goal in a contest we could of easily lost given the outnumber

Chol was ok playing against a spud 3 different club old man. A few times he just stood there watching the game and also a few times when the ball was there he never went in hard. Perhaps I expect more from him but Forget he is a big boy. Overall was an improvement.
I reckon Phillips out rucked our guys at centre bounces and was quite effective around the ground. Chol was very good around the ground, he is relishing the freedom of playing on the ball. Put him in 3rd KPF and he will be worse than CJ I think. CJ kicked a couple of goals. Should have been one more ~ Dusty calling for it was dumb footy. We'll see how Chol & CJ goes in Nank/Lynch's absence, see if they retain their spot. If not, may as well go to where you are best 22.

I watch a bit of Hickey at Sydney. 4th club!! keeping Sinclair out of the team. 30 y.o. maybe playing career best football, Ryder 33 y.o. 3rd club still going great. Mumford is going OK still.
List managers seem to be OK with over 30 y.o. rucks on their lists.

That was a play that stood out in my mind as well
I think it was a 2v1 or 3v1 contest he knew he wasn’t going to take the grab but managed to take front position and put it into the lap of Bolton

No stat for that play but set up a goal in a contest we could of easily lost given the outnumber

Ageee was very good.

He's done Exactly what Lynch has provided this year.A contest.
Difference is he can go into the ruck when needed.
What we need to do is convince both CJ & Chol that their future lies with the RFC.
Proven already we can go with a 3 tall setup.
Come finals:Jack/Lynch & CJ(2nd ruck duties)
2023:Cj/Lynch/Chol.
Admittedly we got our A grade midfield back together however I’m certain we re taking more marks i50 which means more shots at goal , we gotta go tall

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back