Player Watch #41: Kynan Brown – Rookie

Remove this Banner Ad

Maybe, if you wanna be pessimistic you could say there's * all competition at that height for those positions
Also true. Will just have to wait and see I guess – underage years in the U18 comp tend to give a pretty good indication, so imagine we'll have a clearer picture next year.

Also true. Will just have to wait and see I guess – underage years in the U18 comp tend to give a pretty good indication, so imagine we'll have a clearer picture next year.
I thought they were pretty s**t but looked back at a couple and most of em end up being taken

Made the AA team for his age bracket this year.
2023-AFL-U16s-AA.jpg

White and W Duursma looks nice for us.

A 16-year-old, 197cm beanpole making the AA team in a position that isn't ruck is a good sign tbh. Has so much time to fill out still and imagine his skills will only improve as he gets used to his size more – maintaining a good level of coordination would be tough when you're going through constant growth spurts like he is.

Do you think that he's stopped growing or that he'll continue?

Do you think that he's stopped growing or that he'll continue?
Impossible to know for sure, but considering he's only 16, I imagine he'll end up pushing over 200.

Not sure what to make from all Australian team, lucas cook was in the 2010 under 18 all Australian team.
It’s probably worth also looking at which good quality AFL talls didn’t make the representative squads.

You’ll find plenty of rep kids that couldn’t make it at the next level, but you won’t find so many that weren’t on the radar by the time they’re 16/17.

Does it make you feel good mto pass on secondhand nonsense, likely made up, about 16 year old kids?
dude, what's the fact that they're 16 got to do with anything? We are talking about a 2025 draft prospect so of course he's 16. If you jump onto other mocks and people that are in Qld and have seen him play most have him as a late pick. Don't shoot the messenger.

Watched 2 of the 3 Gold Coast games and it seemed the 27 Kalani White played in defence, took a few loose intercept marks, looks OK, but not AA worthy, he could've smashed a weak team in the 3rd game?, but he wasn't very influential in either 2 games I saw, Brisbane game was by far the best opponent and I think he took 3 marks in defence and not much else, I don't even think he rucked much at all... so how the fk is he AA? Odd call imo, maybe it's based on pedigree? and hoping he is as good as his pick 1 father?

Way too many div 2 kids in the AA imo

Thought this was about Kynan Brown I must be wrong 😜 Anyway anyone else thinks he’s got a bit of Toby Bedford about him?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back