Delisted 41. Levi Casboult

Remove this Banner Ad

Probably should be mentioned in the #bluemours thread, but apparently there is a deal that see's Levi and one of our second rounders going north in exchange for Brodie.

Unless something really goes wrong with the deal, Levi has apparently played his last game in Navy Blue.

Mate, I love the big fella but would take that deal in a heartbeat.

Shocking may have been a bit harsh, but would be interested to know what metric you've used to come to that conclusion.

Have no problem if we keep him on for the final year of his contract, and I suspect that is what will eventuate, but we shouldn't hesitate to move him on if another club comes knocking, or if we're able to bring in a better option to play his role.
Anyone within 10 goals of Casboult was well over 100 hit outs behind. Not one of them in the same postcode for contested marks. Played his role as well as could be expected.

If anyone is interested offer to pay half his salary and just take a late 3rd or 4th rounder and be done with it.
I think he'd look good in a Tigger jumper.

I think Casboult is done. He's a player who has been filling a hole for years until someone comes along and they have. McKay has leapt ahead of him and DeKoning can hold his own. Kerr would be the next backup for the forwardline. All these guys will be AFL ready and ahead of Casboult next season.

He may have a position as backup ruck as we seem to be a little thin there with Phillips being injury prone. Kreuzer and Lobbe are ahead of him in this area though and see durable and I can't say I'm fond of him in that main ruck position.

If I was Casboult I would be looking for another club to take on that contract and perhaps add a year to it because I think his career at Carlton is finished. As I said earlier, this is one of the first signs of improvement where older players are being naturally pushed out.

From a club perspective I don't think we'll offload him for nothing, we would want something we can use, unless we're desperate to make space. I just feel it's going to take multiple injuries to get him a game next season and that is possible but I feel a lot of his football if not all of it will be in the VFL.

If he has any trade value then you would look to move him on. I think he could be a very effective contested mark and second ruck in a finals team, however for us with 3 young key forwards at best he would be back up. He is a decent player, as we know playing key fwd in one of the worst teams in AFL history isnt easy. I am confident he could kick 35 goals for a good side.

If that happens then we are doing very well. If Casboult Rowe Jones Phillips Lobbe Kerridge Wright etc all stay and if they play mostly reserves we are going well. A strong reserves will make us a much better club

Spot on, so many people calling for these guys to be delisted, but they are still playing games. Natural progression sees them stuck in the VFL. This is the first sign improvement is happening, only when we are good enough and these guys can't get a game do we delist these players. These players are handy and they take a bit of dislodging, but if young players are coming in and doing that then great signs that our list is building.

No just no to delist. Managing a list is one thing but when you have a long line of injuries it's difficult.

Sure Levi isn't your starting 22 player but he is more than decent to come and play a role when asked. Keep absolutely keep

If that happens then we are doing very well. If Casboult Rowe Jones Phillips Lobbe Kerridge Wright etc all stay and if they play mostly reserves we are going well. A strong reserves will make us a much better club
bang on, look at richmond, there vfl team, near top of the ladder this year and in the grand final last year. certainly correlates

Always been a fan, love that he is finally getting reward for effort.

Gives everything he has to the cause, can’t fault that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought he was sensational down back for us when we needed him.

Played some terrific footy at both ends throughout the year, but it was his work down back that surprised most.

Didn't think he had it in him, but he certainly proved otherwise.

I’ve always been buoyant about Levi becoming a serious handful for opponents. All the ducks are lined up for him this year. He is in his late 20’s, fit and in demand with other key forward injuries. Vital that he plays a role this year and we might see Eddie betts working his feet for some inside 50 score efficiency.

solid mature member of the team who will be vital to putting W’s on the s ore card this year

I’ve always been buoyant about Levi becoming a serious handful for opponents. All the ducks are lined up for him this year. He is in his late 20’s, fit and in demand with other key forward injuries. Vital that he plays a role this year and we might see Eddie betts working his feet for some inside 50 score efficiency.

solid mature member of the team who will be vital to putting W’s on the s ore card this year
Life will be easier for him if he doesn't have to outmark 4 guys to kick a goal. The Crippa to Casboult out of the centre like on Thursday seems a lot easier way to get a kick.

good call is good.

Don’t make me go back through the archives to dig up comments about the big man, been riding this bandwagon for years now.

Happy he has come good as predicted and is now reaping the rewards of his hard work.

I have been saying for years that Levi is not effective as the #1 banana in the forward line- but just wait until he has some other quality talls in front of him and around him. He is much more effective as #2/#3 forward. But that was the old Levi with much less confidence and without the AR tank strapped to him. Now he is a completely different animal and he has some quality around him. Lets not underestimate the leading patterns and smarts that Mitch brings to the table.

The big question is- can we have a forward line with Harry. Charlie, Levi and Mitch? That marking power is elite- but can they develop leading patterns that allow them to seperate.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back