Traded #42: Massimoe D'Ambrosioe - Thank you for your service

Remove this Banner Ad

He's 20 years old. Has his deficiencies.

But I'd bet by the time he's 25, his obvious upside and potential will have him turned elite, and very damaging.

He's young and only been here a short time. I think he should have recognised his flaws. Put his head down and worked hard.

Last edited:
It's a very simple numbers game. If you think his kicking provides 2 goals over the alternative as an offensive option in the back half (not even close)..
Then his defensive play has to give up less, which it definitely doesn't.

He averages around 2 score involvements a game. I can guarantee you he gives up more than that the other way.
Hind averages 3.1 and McGrath 4 for comparison, whilst also being less of a liability.
Also had 1 1%er all year. (not sure if i trust that)

That is absolutely not true, but I digress.

Massimo is absolutely doing the right thing for himself and all power to him but it’s a **** up, can’t look at it any other way.

We’ve only offered him a one year deal so whether we’ve played him or not, we clearly don’t rate him.

I’m sure we would’ve been given the opportunity to up our deal to two years to match Hawthorn, we’ve chosen not to.

I just don’t think we rate him.

Here's a novel idea, Hawthorn may well be exploring based on their interst in Henry of Freo (who came good roaming from half forward): play Mass other than at half back.

We can't do this because we have 1 spot for ball accumulating playmaker and we've given that, for the next 5 years, to a guy who can't kick.

These decisions I have been railing against for the best part of a decade now do not occur in a vacuum. There is a whole dysfunctional team we are hellbent on selecting. We can't develop players to fit into that team because the developing player is always deficient. No amount of development coaches will change this reality because we hit diminishing returns 5 players into a best 22.

Last edited:
This is 4D posting.

Funny here because it is an obvious piss take.

Also, some bozo from the Hawks board will be posting about how delusional Essendon fans are.
piss take indeed but i wouldn’t be opposed to it.

what id actually be interested in is using the compensation we get to draft changkuoth jiath’s younger brother (tew?) instead of them getting him as a nga recruit

Bachar Houli all over again I reckon

Who is the best case example of the player he is projecting to be?
Genuinely.
Try to match a few different attributes, not just kicking. Positive and negative.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty disappointed with this but understand. A kid like this should be given a license to make mistakes by foot taking the game on. Scott lost trust in him quick with a few mistakes - good luck mass

I liked him but I wouldn't have him in my ideal 22 for 2024 either so I don't blame him.

Our list has some major issues so whatever pick we get for him is an opportunity to rectify that.

I'm liking what seems to be a plan of bringing in FAs that don't cost picks and letting fringe players go to improve our draft position.

In round 3 he had 27 touches with 24 effective and 450 metres gained at half back. That was lift off for him.

He was immediately dropped, Hind then took his spot and he never got it back.

In round 3 he had 27 touches with 24 effective and 450 metres gained at half back. That was lift off for him.

Not sure I'd be highlighting the game we lost because their two smalls kicked 8 goals between them, whilst our small defender had 21 uncontested touches.

Higgins and Butler had 8 goals between them

Nice kick but he’s 5’10 and not an amazing athlete. Try’s hard and will prob play a few games but I’m not losing sleep over him wanting out.

Any Houli comparisons need to chill, Bacha was much more powerful than this kid and as a few mentioned we didn’t want him to go.

Who is the best case example of the player he is projecting to be?
Genuinely.
Try to match a few different attributes, not just kicking. Positive and negative.

I reckon Jayden Short.

Both 178cm

Both went undrafted,

Both were rookied.

Short Started as a hff in the VFL, Always had a great kick but copped criticism for defensive efforts and sub par fwd pressure.

Was then trialed as a small defender and was made chief kick out taker from full back (make use of weapon) .Upgraded to snr list thereafter, it still took him atleast 5 years to become an afl mainstay once body developed. In the end his main weapon was his kicking , everything else was worked around.

But we have persisted one year with our version.

His defensive work was atrocious that day.

Traded #42: Massimoe D'Ambrosioe - Thank you for your service

Remove this Banner Ad

Back