Traded #42: Massimoe D'Ambrosioe - Thank you for your service

Remove this Banner Ad

No one on our board has said anything remotely about him being a champion.

Most recognise him as a player who has a couple of weapons but has weaknesses as well, but after reading posts on here I now know he is a dud.

That is how it works on BF isn’t it?

Don't listen to these peanuts, they don't know a star when they see one, you've got a good kid. I do notice however you have a shortage of forwards and we have another star in surplus, can we offer you a weideman?

Don't listen to these peanuts, they don't know a star when they see one, you've got a good kid. I do notice however you have a shortage of forwards and we have another star in surplus, can we offer you a weideman?
Um Um no thanks he makes Kosi who just requested a trade to Richmond, look like Wayne Carey.

I think the kid has a very big upside but because Newcome, Worpol, Day and Nash had such good seasons he was facing an uphill battle to get a game in front of Ward and a couple of others as backup, a late second rounder I would think.
A 20 year old rookie with 5 games averaging 9 disposals isn't worth a late 3rd, let alone a second

I think the kid has a very big upside but because Newcome, Worpol, Day and Nash had such good seasons he was facing an uphill battle to get a game in front of Ward and a couple of others as backup, a late second rounder I would think.

Yeh i reckon he's got a fair queue I front of him but perfect for us, wouldn't mind a nibble if it was near the cost of Massimo , would take pick swaps I guess

Jay Nash

No one on our board has said anything remotely about him being a champion.

Most recognise him as a player who has a couple of weapons but has weaknesses as well, but after reading posts on here I now know he is a dud.

That is how it works on BF isn’t it?
It is not that he is a dud . The problem is the issues that saw everyone pass on him in the ND are still there. He is slow to react defensively . We took a chance as he is a good kid with exceptional skills and his second efforts can not be questioned. He simply has shown no improvement in his reaction time as far as transitioning into the next phase of play. Have watched him live in the VFL a few times this year with the view of looking at exactly if he had improved and when you are solely watching what he is doing it becomes very obvious.
He is great with the footy in hand so if you can find a role where he does not have to defend at all and can just kick the footy he will probably win a Brownlow Medal.
I suspect you guys are hoping you can do something with his reaction time that we could not. If he was an average kick he would not have been drafted at all.

yeah but we have to find more match winners, so if we get one every 10 years by wasting 100 picks then that's what we have to do.
As good as the Bulldogs were in 2016 (at least in finals series) they really only had two genuine match winners - Stringer and Boyd. Sorry, I like Bont but I don’t put him in that match winner category.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As good as the Bulldogs were in 2016 (at least in finals series) they really only had two genuine match winners - Stringer and Boyd. Sorry, I like Bont but I don’t put him in that match winner category.

bont is 100% a match winner

you are trollin

It is not that he is a dud . The problem is the issues that saw everyone pass on him in the ND are still there. He is slow to react defensively . We took a chance as he is a good kid with exceptional skills and his second efforts can not be questioned. He simply has shown no improvement in his reaction time as far as transitioning into the next phase of play. Have watched him live in the VFL a few times this year with the view of looking at exactly if he had improved and when you are solely watching what he is doing it becomes very obvious.
He is great with the footy in hand so if you can find a role where he does not have to defend at all and can just kick the footy he will probably win a Brownlow Medal.
I suspect you guys are hoping you can do something with his reaction time that we could not. If he was an average kick he would not have been drafted at all.
I agree with everything you said and you just described Bacharach Hoult 10 games into his afl career. They also have very similar kicking skills.

I agree with everything you said and you just described Bacharach Hoult 10 games into his afl career. They also have very similar kicking skills.
What the world needs now is love, sweet love
No not just for some, but for everyone

People are easily seduced because he is a sublime kick and we do not have a lot of players who kick the footy that well.
The problem for me is in 18 months he has shown no improvement in the area that saw him overlooked at the ND.
He is a reactive player. I you spend a whole quarter watching him live in the VFL you will see it. He spends a lot of the game using up energy because he is always a fraction off in his transition . It is not that he does not try but more he does not see it and then has a s**t I need to be doing X moment and has to run to try and fix it. My view is he will never be any good at half back as he is out of position a lot. People say but Houli never defended but the difference is that despite Houli not being able to defend one on one he could transition quickly and be in an intercept position or at a minimum a one on one contest .
Even as a half forward he will have issues as if he does not improve the reaction time he will spend half the game chasing the ball back the other way.
Hoult took a few years to develop.
my suspicion is kids from the jets and kids from some country coates club do not come with the same amount of development. The private school kids have such an advantage now with additional coaching and resources.
he has got one trait that we are deficient in which is the ability to kick.
I am unsure if he will make it or not but we currently have hind and McGrath as our smalls in our back 6 and neither are above average in their disposal or decision making i would guess. The only runner from the back half who can hurt you at essendon is redman. Tag him and we are stuffed.
I would argue Coleman and McKenna were instrumental in winning Brisbane the game.
coleman has had significant development put into his defensive actions.

You're harking back a few weeks with that quote there – my post was firmly tongue in cheek. "Need more match winners" is some sort of sadomasochistic meme around here.

Hoult took a few years to develop.
my suspicion is kids from the jets and kids from some country coates club do not come with the same amount of development. The private school kids have such an advantage now with additional coaching and resources.
he has got one trait that we are deficient in which is the ability to kick.
I am unsure if he will make it or not but we currently have hind and McGrath as our smalls in our back 6 and neither are above average in their disposal or decision making i would guess. The only runner from the back half who can hurt you at essendon is redman. Tag him and we are stuffed.
I would argue Coleman and McKenna were instrumental in winning Brisbane the game.
coleman has had significant development put into his defensive actions.
I deliberately watched Mass only in a couple of VFL games and I do not think it is an education thing . He knows what he has to be doing he just does not switch over . He is reactive. It has not improved at all. Maybe it comes good , who knows but it is a very clear flaw even at VFL level. If we need better kicks then we need to draft new players because we also need to defend as a team.
I saw a lot of Houli and he has quicker instincts to be where he needed to be. He just took a while to develop them. Mass knows what he has to he has to be doing but the reaction time is a fraction off and it is consistent.
:cool:

Traded #42: Massimoe D'Ambrosioe - Thank you for your service

Remove this Banner Ad

Back